Note 3 N9005 video recording fail

Search This thread

jace127

Feb 12, 2013
Hi, i currently own a Note 3 N9005 16gb Honk Kong version which is running on Sweet ROM version 19 NG2 and i recently found that whenever i swiitch on to the video camera my phone crashes and gives me an error ( video recording failed), does anyone know what i can do to maybe fix this problem? ps- i tried going back to Stock rom but since its a honk kong version ive been having trouble with the EXT4 error and can't do anything! thanks!.

vit0r94

Jul 10, 2011
Xiaomi Poco F3
Hi, i currently own a Note 3 N9005 16gb Honk Kong version which is running on Sweet ROM version 19 NG2 and i recently found that whenever i swiitch on to the video camera my phone crashes and gives me an error ( video recording failed), does anyone know what i can do to maybe fix this problem? ps- i tried going back to Stock rom but since its a honk kong version ive been having trouble with the EXT4 error and can't do anything! thanks!.

I'm facing the same issue with the European N9005, with this stock firmware installed. Tried factory reset after first start. Already wiped all internal storage using twrp.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Cheers

Fabiojnd

Mar 24, 2015
shoot fails

Good afternoon, I'm even vit0r94 problem, I even can take pictures but when I shoot fails, someone help us?

w&b

Jun 5, 2006
Exactly the same crash when trying to record video. Already tried to go back to stock ROM with all the modems etc. Tried Note 4 port, S6 Darklord and so on. Every time I clear cache, data, etc.

Any clue would be appreciated

Pierreken

Oct 11, 2009
Exactly the same crash when trying to record video. Already tried to go back to stock ROM with all the modems etc. Tried Note 4 port, S6 Darklord and so on. Every time I clear cache, data, etc.

Any clue would be appreciated

Same here on the SM-N9005 LTE. I've wiped the whole phone, took out the ext sd card, went back to several different stock firmwares and still crashes. Pictures work fine, as soon as press the video recording button it freezes and a few seconds later it reboots the phone.

I'm afraid this will be a hardware issue....

Pierreken

Oct 11, 2009
Same here on the SM-N9005 LTE. I've wiped the whole phone, took out the ext sd card, went back to several different stock firmwares and still crashes. Pictures work fine, as soon as press the video recording button it freezes and a few seconds later it reboots the phone.

I'm afraid this will be a hardware issue....

I was able to solve it by going back to the stock kitkat (4.4.2) rom through ODIN. There my camera was recording video perfectly fine. I then updated to Lollipop again and the camera (video recording) was still working fine. Very strange as I wiped/reflashed several times before downgrading to kitkat and that never worked.

hirou

Feb 11, 2009
recording failed on any lolipop rom

i have a same problem here. I dont think it was a hardware issue as when i was in KK the video recording works perfectly, but when i flash ANYKIND of lolipop rom, the video recording failed. but if i was to used AOSP lolipop, the video recording works fine.
anyone can help? i've tried searching and all, but doesnt seem to find the solution.
feels like i'm stuck at KK and cant move on. feels like u have a hi tech computer but u only can use windows xp, sad...
much appreciated guys!

samsung N-9005 INT'L

deuel8677

Aug 2, 2014
Really Nothing

Is there a reason why no one has posted a fix or a how to for this I have seen the Update bootloader and CP but in my attempts to do this Odin has failed I have done everything under the sun to try and fix this and nothing I have looked up and down on Google, Androidpit, and obviouslt here on XDA and I have found nothing does any one want to lend a hand here or does no one really know how to fix it????

deuel8677

Aug 2, 2014
Well downgrading then upgrading seems like a bit of a hail Mary pass worth trying will update as to whether or not it actually worked thk8gh it sounds more like a one in a million fix.

hayder78

Jan 25, 2014
So I solved it by:

Using Odin 3.11.1

I have already tried Factory reset, wipe cache, wipe dalvik, flashed the latest stock Lolipop or older lollipop with ODin and nothing solved the problem.

So I tried to flash the latest stock lolipop with Odin and marking checked (Auto Reboot , F. Reset Time , Phone EFS clear, Phone Bootloader update).

I suspect that the Phone EFS clear did the trick. It's function is related to the modem and radio of the phone. And clearly the modem has a problem here.

I hope this will help anybody out there having this issue.

This problem happened after trying to flash lollipop using FlashFire app to reserve the root that I had in my previos Android KK 4.4.2.
Phone: Galaxy Note3 N9005 Malaysian