[CAB] [8/13] HD2 Android Launcher 4.0~One Icon launches CLRCAD and Haret instantly

Search This thread

ThaDeanesta

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 4, 2009
Denver, CO
Do you hate having to manually launch CLRCAD before you launch HARET? Hate how you can't create one link on your Home Screen that launches Android?​
Well, now you can! With HD2-AndroidLoader! This application launches HARET and CLRCAD with one click! It does so in less than a second!​

Just one icon in the Start Menu does both Jobs at the same time. If you would like, you can even ad that single link to the Home Screen, so you can launch Android in One Click! No user interaction at all (besides clicking on the icon :p .)​

The Two CABs:

"Accident Prevention"
cab.gif
HD2-AndroidShortcut-4.0-AP.cab

Careful Mode ON at install.​

This mode is for those who want to be asked "are you sure you want to boot android" before launching the applications. This saves you from having "Accidents". :)

"Get Right To It"
cab.gif
HD2-AndroidShortcut-4.0-GRTI.cab
Careful Mode OFF at install.
This mode is for those who want the icon just to launch HARET and CLRCAD without being asked any questions.​

Interchangable Modes
If you install the "Get Right To it" CAB, you can enable the accident protection mode by simply going to Start > Tools > Android Launcher > Careful Mode ON.​

The Same goes for the Accident Prevention CAB. If you want to Enable the "Get Right To It" Mode, Simply go to Start > Tools > Android Launcher and tap Careful Mode Off.

Why Two CABs?
I made two cabs so users may easily get straight to what they want, without any extra configuration. You still have the option to change modes without re-installing CABs, therefore its easier and more convienent for the end user.

Also, this enables users to install my program using XDA-UC or any other Custom ROM Configuration service (upon install of the ROM).​

What's Compatable?
-Android ROMs that place HARET and CLRCAD in /Storage Card
-Android ROMs that place HARET and CLRCAD in /Storage Card/Android
-Android ROMs that place HARET and CLRCAD in /Storage Card/andboot
99% of Android builds are Compatable with this Launcher!
Any Device is Compatable​

Install Instructions

1) Install the Android Launcher CAB TO the Device. NOT THE STORAGE CARD

2) Reboot. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT!​

3) Launch Android from your Start Menu :)

Code:
[LEFT][B]Changelog[/B][/LEFT]
[B]8/13/10 - 4.0[/B]
-Made the modes Interchangable without reinstalling the CAB.
-Re-wrote almost all of the code.
[LEFT][B]8/13/10[/B]
-Added support for \storage card\andboot
-Removed Warning for missing CLRCAD.exe
-Added a "Accident Prevention" build, which asks you "Are you sure you want to boot Android?"
-Fixed Vibration
-Added Vibration on Error
[B]8/12/10 - 2.0[/B][/LEFT]

[LEFT]-One CAB works for all builds. As long as HARET and CLRCAD are either in the ROOT of the SD card or in the Android folder on the SD card.[/LEFT]

[LEFT]-Vibrates if CLRCAD successfully launched[/LEFT]

[LEFT]-Warns user if CLRCAD cannot be found, but proceeds. (instead of freezing your device)[/LEFT]

[LEFT]-Warns user if HARET cannot be found, and exits (instead of freezing your device)[/LEFT]

[LEFT]-Warns user if no SD Card is inserted, and exits (instead of freezing your device)[/LEFT]

[LEFT][B]8/12/10 - 1.03[/B][/LEFT]

[LEFT]-Mortscript is no longer required for this application to function.[/LEFT]

[LEFT][B]8/12/10 - 1.02[/B] [/LEFT]

[LEFT]-Fixed problem where The SD ROOT cab is "unable to install"[/LEFT]

[LEFT][B]8/12/10 - 1.01[/B] [/LEFT]

[LEFT]-Fixed problem where the Cab is "Unable to install"[/LEFT]

Please Note:

This installation is just the launcher. It does NOT include the necessary files to launch android.

Thanks to Reefermattness[/URL] for letting me use his Icon(s)

Attachments

• HD2-AndroidShortcut-2.00.cab
    203.5 KB · Views: 1,238
  • HD2-AndroidShortcut-3.0-Confirm.cab
    204 KB · Views: 1,210
  • HD2-AndroidShortcut-3.0-noConfirm.cab
    203.9 KB · Views: 953
  • HD2-AndroidShortcut-4.0-AP.cab
    224.2 KB · Views: 13,250
  • HD2-AndroidShortcut-4.0-GRTI.cab
    224.2 KB · Views: 11,175
Last edited:
Reactions: Madraum and xdabart

Epson

Jul 11, 2007
Can you not read? Sorry if i am being rude, but that app does not suit my needs. It prompts you "Would you like to boot android?" I just wanted something that will just execute both exe's and load android.
Nothing to argue like a baby, ThaDeanesta. You talk about mskip loader in previous post and I mention Cloudy loader in later post. I myself don't like mskip loader too. But I think Cloudy one is good bc it ask if you wanna start Android, that's all (well, sometime we accident touch the button and your app make it go straight to Android). Except that, it won't ask "ANY THING", the SD card name or something similar.
Ok, it's your thead and your app. You can do whatever you like. I just point you to the same functional app that working.

ThaDeanesta

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 4, 2009
Denver, CO
Nothing to argue like a baby, ThaDeanesta. You talk about mskip loader in previous post and I mention Cloudy loader in later post. I myself don't like mskip loader too. But I think Cloudy one is good bc it ask if you wanna start Android, that's all (well, sometime we accident touch the button and your app make it go straight to Android). Except that, it won't ask "ANY THING", the SD card name or something similar.
Ok, it's your thead and your app. You can do whatever you like. I just point you to the same functional app that working.

I understand that. Its just that the other dudes are getting all at me.. its a free app, and they should just take it or leave. Thanks for the suggestion, though! :). I made one with a question and one without.

Kezzainc

May 4, 2007
Great App, thank you. ....Dont let the others bother you. ;-)

What do you guys do about the android folder in the root dir ? I have to cut, paste then delete before anything will boot.... Is this just me ?

tomhow

Jul 30, 2010
Thanks to ThaDeanesta for giving us another loader.

I believe all the devs are happy to see some (at least) agreement with their work.
Shame on those who just do nothing contribution except picking this is good/bad...

CR5N

Jul 15, 2010
Nice1. It works, it's free. If people want more they should write their own and let us try it out.
Constructive criticism is good, moaning is not.

Dblfstr

Mar 25, 2010
Mskips is different. mine makes a ICON and just an icon on the start menu. The icon boots android right up... no questions.. no nothing... It does not start android before windows mobile or have a selection at bootup. NO GUI AT ALL!

Beautiful app.

I personally use Mskips, as I got it when it first came out, and liked how I could choose where my android is located (i.e. root or android folder).

The good thing about this is choice, and I was thinking about changing the Icon that mskip uses. I commend you on your app.

:)

Just and idea, screenshot of the icon you use?? :)

myowin

Apr 4, 2010
@ thaDeanesta
thank you for your hardwork to share with community.. congrats on making it to XDA frontpage too.. :)
I have been using chuckydroid rom and Mattc leo 1.5 froyo.. i use chuckydroid because some people say it eliminated SOD 100%.. I agree.. but now I feel like I can't use Winmo anymore like I used to.. I like to still use full power of winmo and switch to android whenever I want... my question is do you know if I can use full winmo rom with your app to launch android without SOD?
I might be asking in wrong place.. but it seem you are someone able to help me with it.. I appreciate your work and keep up the good work..
thanks.

ckraus000

Oct 30, 2006
What about integrating a function into your launcher to turn off telephone function before booting Android. because i realized that you'll loose incoming sms or call while booting. so i normally first turn off telephone (with the button from cookies home tab) an the start haret. would be nice to skip that also :). greetings

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Do you hate having to manually launch CLRCAD before you launch HARET? Hate how you can't create one link on your Home Screen that launches Android?​
    Well, now you can! With HD2-AndroidLoader! This application launches HARET and CLRCAD with one click! It does so in less than a second!​

Just one icon in the Start Menu does both Jobs at the same time. If you would like, you can even ad that single link to the Home Screen, so you can launch Android in One Click! No user interaction at all (besides clicking on the icon :p .)​

The Two CABs:

"Accident Prevention"
    cab.gif
    HD2-AndroidShortcut-4.0-AP.cab

Careful Mode ON at install.​

This mode is for those who want to be asked "are you sure you want to boot android" before launching the applications. This saves you from having "Accidents". :)

"Get Right To It"
    cab.gif
    HD2-AndroidShortcut-4.0-GRTI.cab
    Careful Mode OFF at install.
    This mode is for those who want the icon just to launch HARET and CLRCAD without being asked any questions.​

Interchangable Modes
    If you install the "Get Right To it" CAB, you can enable the accident protection mode by simply going to Start > Tools > Android Launcher > Careful Mode ON.​

The Same goes for the Accident Prevention CAB. If you want to Enable the "Get Right To It" Mode, Simply go to Start > Tools > Android Launcher and tap Careful Mode Off.

Why Two CABs?
    I made two cabs so users may easily get straight to what they want, without any extra configuration. You still have the option to change modes without re-installing CABs, therefore its easier and more convienent for the end user.

Also, this enables users to install my program using XDA-UC or any other Custom ROM Configuration service (upon install of the ROM).​

What's Compatable?
    -Android ROMs that place HARET and CLRCAD in /Storage Card
    -Android ROMs that place HARET and CLRCAD in /Storage Card/Android
    -Android ROMs that place HARET and CLRCAD in /Storage Card/andboot
    99% of Android builds are Compatable with this Launcher!
    Any Device is Compatable​

Install Instructions

1) Install the Android Launcher CAB TO the Device. NOT THE STORAGE CARD

2) Reboot. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT!​

3) Launch Android from your Start Menu :)

Code:
    [LEFT][B]Changelog[/B][/LEFT]
    [B]8/13/10 - 4.0[/B]
    -Made the modes Interchangable without reinstalling the CAB.
    -Re-wrote almost all of the code.
    [LEFT][B]8/13/10[/B]
    -Added support for \storage card\andboot
    -Removed Warning for missing CLRCAD.exe
    -Added a "Accident Prevention" build, which asks you "Are you sure you want to boot Android?"
    -Fixed Vibration
    -Added Vibration on Error
    [B]8/12/10 - 2.0[/B][/LEFT]

[LEFT]-One CAB works for all builds. As long as HARET and CLRCAD are either in the ROOT of the SD card or in the Android folder on the SD card.[/LEFT]

[LEFT]-Vibrates if CLRCAD successfully launched[/LEFT]

[LEFT]-Warns user if CLRCAD cannot be found, but proceeds. (instead of freezing your device)[/LEFT]

[LEFT]-Warns user if HARET cannot be found, and exits (instead of freezing your device)[/LEFT]

[LEFT]-Warns user if no SD Card is inserted, and exits (instead of freezing your device)[/LEFT]

[LEFT][B]8/12/10 - 1.03[/B][/LEFT]

[LEFT]-Mortscript is no longer required for this application to function.[/LEFT]

[LEFT][B]8/12/10 - 1.02[/B] [/LEFT]

[LEFT]-Fixed problem where The SD ROOT cab is "unable to install"[/LEFT]

[LEFT][B]8/12/10 - 1.01[/B] [/LEFT]

[LEFT]-Fixed problem where the Cab is "Unable to install"[/LEFT]

Please Note:

This installation is just the launcher. It does NOT include the necessary files to launch android.

Thanks to Reefermattness[/URL] for letting me use his Icon(s)
    Hy,

I have Installed your HD2-AndroidShortcut-4.0-GRTI.cab, but your Interchangable Modes doesn't match.
    I had always the question "are you sure you want to boot android", in mode Off or On.

this is my dilemma too. Guess i will uninstall since this thread is not being answered :(
    There was an error in the Android Loader script not reading the mode setting and thus not distinguishing between the safe and fast modes. I have fixed the script and remade the cab so it should work fine now. I hope TheDeanester doesnt mind me doing this :)

There is only 1 cab and it is set to run in safe mode by default. If you want to switch it to fast mode (no question) then just go into Start Menu, Tools, Android Loader and select 'Careful Mode Off'. You can then run the Android Loader from the Start Menu in fast mode.

Mark.
    silent mode is always off.
    can't enable it.

known problem?
    There is a problem with the script in the original cab. See my post *HERE* with a fixed cab.

Mark.