[Q] Using Odin 1.7

Search This thread

Coolsaber57

Jan 8, 2010
Hi guys,

I am trying to use Odin 1.7, but I cannot get it to recognize my tab while in download mode. I can use Heimdall just fine.

I installed the USB drivers, but Odin does not show anything when I launch it.

I'm on Windows 7 and it shows "Gadget Serial" when plugged in.

Anyone have any advice for me?

Coolsaber57

Jan 8, 2010
Bump, can anyone give any advice? I can't get Odin to see that my tab is connected. Heimdall sees it just fine though.

Note, when I try to install the Odin 1.7 drivers, it tells me that the most updated drivers are already installed. Are the drivers for Heimdall the same ones as the Odin drivers?

Thanks!

Heppieboeddah

Feb 14, 2008
Bump, can anyone give any advice? I can't get Odin to see that my tab is connected. Heimdall sees it just fine though.

Note, when I try to install the Odin 1.7 drivers, it tells me that the most updated drivers are already installed. Are the drivers for Heimdall the same ones as the Odin drivers?

Thanks!

First you have to sync with Kies to get the right drivers installed. So download Kies, install it, connect youre tab with the pc and let youre device sync once with Kies. As all is ok, then you will see in youre device-manager from youre pc a "Samsung Mobile device' or something simular.

After that turn on usb-debugging. Put youre phone in the download-modus, [turn it off, press and hold volume-down+powerbutton] Start Odin, and the connect youre phone with the pc. You will see in Odin on the left a yellow box with the com-port.

On the end you are allowed if you dont use Kies to uninstall it. Leave the Samsungdrivers as they are.

Coolsaber57

Jan 8, 2010
First you have to sync with Kies to get the right drivers installed. So download Kies, install it, connect youre tab with the pc and let youre device sync once with Kies. As all is ok, then you will see in youre device-manager from youre pc a "Samsung Mobile device' or something simular.

After that turn on usb-debugging. Put youre phone in the download-modus, [turn it off, press and hold volume-down+powerbutton] Start Odin, and the connect youre phone with the pc. You will see in Odin on the left a yellow box with the com-port.

On the end you are allowed if you dont use Kies to uninstall it. Leave the Samsungdrivers as they are.

I didn't think that Kies recognized CDMA tabs. Is that incorrect? Also, I tried looking the other day, but can you point me to the correct version of Kies to download?

rangercaptain

Oct 27, 2010
West Coast of California
If you use windows 7 it already has the drivers, but you have to connect to the pc, and go to network settings, usb, then copy files to pc, then disconnect, then you can reconnect the tab when it is in download mode.