[Tool][Vodafone+Unbranded!]One & Only easy + working downgrade for revolutionary

Search This thread

dryogeshd

Oct 28, 2008
Bengaluru
indeed! only opened the evo3d box about 4-5 hours ago so now nicely s-off'd I'll start playing!
That's awesome dude.. :)

Cheers and welcome to extra dimension..

---------- Post added at 04:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:00 AM ----------

One question...I have to rename rom.zip inside folder to PG86IMG.zip,or just run step 1.exe and step 2.exe?
If you follow flashmaniac's steps you do not need to rename.

renaming is required if you are facing problems and not following his step 1 and step2.

Flashmaniac

Oct 3, 2010
Bremen
copied it manually (the step 1 bit) (saw a post a page or two back) and that seemed to help - then ran step2 fine

would be good to get the first post updated or another guide to show workarounds like that I thinks :D

---------- Post added at 09:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 PM ----------

S-off'd now - thanks guys!

it just don't work with none - unsecured boot image. sadly the most of you guys are not capable of flashing a boot.img via fastboot ...
that's why you are not fully rooted, and cannot dd directly w/o asking for su permission.

Lothaen

Jun 4, 2010
plus.google.com
it just don't work with none - unsecured boot image. sadly the most of you guys are not capable of flashing a boot.img via fastboot ...
that's why you are not fully rooted, and cannot dd directly w/o asking for su permission.

i didnt see anywhere to flash a boot.img in fastboot - does it do that in step1 cause thats the only bit that struggled for me

Flashmaniac

Oct 3, 2010
Bremen
i didnt see anywhere to flash a boot.img in fastboot - does it do that in step1 cause thats the only bit that struggled for me

sometimes it works w/o sometimes it doesn't ... idk why :S
if I would flash a boot.img the device won't be booting anymore (possible)

which would cause a fail in changing the mmcblk0p31.img :p

merps

Apr 17, 2005
No as I said a hundred times before, there is no RUU with matching hboot!!!

that does not work for you dude...

Sorry to be a bother but the Telstra RUU that is current available (RUU_Shooter_U_Telstra_WWE_1.24.841.3_Radio_10.55.9020.00_10.13.9020.29_M_release_219401_signed.exe) will this allow S-OFF to be obtained or are you referring too the IMG file that is required on the device?

cheers and thanks in advance.

Flashmaniac

Oct 3, 2010
Bremen
Sorry to be a bother but the Telstra RUU that is current available (RUU_Shooter_U_Telstra_WWE_1.24.841.3_Radio_10.55.9020.00_10.13.9020.29_M_release_219401_signed.exe) will this allow S-OFF to be obtained or are you referring too the IMG file that is required on the device?

cheers and thanks in advance.

no... with telstra branding you have no chance to archieve s-off. in no kind of way....

Veevoh

Mar 5, 2012
Newcastle
I'd just like to say thankyou to Flashmaniac for his excellent tool. I have successfully downgraded my HBOOT from 1.49.0018 which was S-ON to 1.49.0007 S-OFF.

Thanks man!

Reactions: Flashmaniac

jslim38

Jul 26, 2011
Los Angeles
Hello my cid is htc__001 I've got this far and it want let me relock I even tryed HTC unlocktoken and it failed and I'm rooted

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using xda premium

sschrapel

Dec 2, 2007
Hello my cid is htc__001 I've got this far and it want let me relock I even tryed HTC unlocktoken and it failed and I'm rooted

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using xda premium

I had this problem too, couldn't relock the device to install the stock ROM, i just kept pushing "fastboot oem lock" and eventually it did it, strangely enough the first few times i tried it kept saying SUCCESS, only when it gave me a bunch of errors in the command prompt window did it actually re-lock.

at that point it was easy, i now have S-OFF on my GSM (HK release) EVO 3D :D :D :D

thank you OP

bayigile

Feb 10, 2012
I think there is none.
but you can try:
downloading my tool
unzip on desktop
rename < rom.zip > to < PG86IMG.zip >. without < > of course ;)
put it on sd.
start step 1.exe
when done don't start step2.exe
open command promt (cmd)
cd desktop/free3vo
adb reboot-bootloader
wait til it has finished booting into bootloader
then change cid
fastboot oem writecid HTC__001
do that twice! do not reboot.
then lock bootloader
fastboot oem lock
when finished relocking: choose on your evo 3d screen "bootloader" and press power... it will now parse the update but I don't know if it is working or not.

Just want to tell you...After I try many tutorial and guided to downgrade my H-BOOT from 1.49.0011 to 1.49.0007 I've found your scrip...first time it doesn't work...it makes me hopeless...and I found you write how to in manual without your step number 2....and I try to do that way...and it work...just want to tell you...keep your good job...If I can press that "THANKS" button thousand times..I will do that

FLASHMANIAC RULEZ !!!!

Reactions: Flashmaniac

jslim38

Jul 26, 2011
Los Angeles
dowgrading

i made it to step two and it rebooted to a htc screen with a black back ground and this is where it got a little tricky but before i got to this point i didnt get any error's at all and i use your automatic script and it relocked my bootloader downloading my tool
unzip on desktop
rename < rom.zip > to < PG86IMG.zip
put it on sd.
start step 1.exe
when done don't start step2.exe
open command promt (cmd)
cd desktop/free3vo
adb reboot-bootloader
wait til it has finished booting into bootloader
then change cid
fastboot oem writecid HTC__001
do that twice! do not reboot.
then lock bootloader
fastboot oem lock and then it does it thing and it flashed the Ruu and after that thats where i see the htc screen on my phone but it doesnt have the green bar at the bottom and it stays there until i remove the usb and i see the bootloader screen and it shows the ruu but when i reboot the bootloader it doesnt pares thie PG86IMG.zip

knightslay2

Jan 8, 2012
Sydney, Australia
I have a hboot "1.49.0013". I was using the other guide and tried to downgrade the hboot. I changed the hboot. Now I tried downgrading after relocking the bootloader. Later realizing that the Cid didn't get changed, which I did change. My question is do I need to change the Cid twice inorder to get HTC__001? The original Cid is "VODAP021". Any ideas?

Sent from my HTC Vision using xda premium

jslim38

Jul 26, 2011
Los Angeles
down grading

I have a hboot "1.49.0013". I was using the other guide and tried to downgrade the hboot. I changed the hboot. Now I tried downgrading after relocking the bootloader. Later realizing that the Cid didn't get changed, which I did change. My question is do I need to change the Cid twice inorder to get HTC__001? The original Cid is "VODAP021". Any ideas?

Sent from my HTC Vision using xda premium

Yes you do that twice and after you do that typ fastboot getvar cid and it will should read HTC__001

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    THIS DOES ONLY WORK ON GINGERBREAD AND ON A BOOTLOADER VERSION <=1.49.x18
    Disclaimer: You do that because you want it. Noone forces you to do that. Problems always can be solved, I will help as much as I can.

NEW
    you can now watch a video where you see how to do it. But quality, sorry I have no good camera.

This will downgrade your hboot to 1.49.0007
    If you is branded by any other carrier then vodafone, this won't work. (Unbranded Device's too)
    Why is that so? Because it is not possible til now to debrand your device.
    I have tried plenty things with some friends, sadly no luck at all.
    CID changing does not work for branded devices, if there is not more than one RUU.

Unbranded:
    This Tool will work, if your device has one of the following CID's.
    Code:
    cidnum: HTC__001
    cidnum: HTC__032
    cidnum: HTC__A07
    cidnum: HTC__102
    cidnum: HTC__304
    cidnum: HTC__203
    cidnum: HTC__E11
    cidnum: HTC__N34
    cidnum: HTC__405
    cidnum: HTC__Y13
    cidnum: HTC__016
    cidnum: HTC__J15

Vodafone Branded:
    This Tool will work, if your device has one of the following CID's.
    Code:
    cidnum: VODAP001
    cidnum: VODAP102
    cidnum: VODAPE17
    cidnum: VODAP304
    <[B]New[/B]>
    cidnum: VODAP120
    cidnum: VODAP203

If your cid is not on the list, you cannot downgrade your device yet.

How to:
    • Download this Tool for an unbranded device
    • Download this Tool for a vodafone branded device
    • Download this Tool for a vodafone branded device with CID VODAP120 OR VODAP203!
    • RUN Step1.exe
    • RUN Step2.exe
    • RUN Step3.exe

It might stuck at the very end of the procedure.
    20120208_001.jpg

Don't worry, it's okay. Just remove battery and reboot.

Please, if you are experience problems, describe everything you have done and I will try to help.

Have fun and enjoy your freedom.

Always remember; you are a noob on xda :) I am also one, so does not one feel attacked.

Credits:
    HTC for the leck
    Revolutionary Team for ZergRush
    s_uperman for the idea :)
    Like I said I downloaded TWICE and step2.exe doesn't extract it says that that file is corrupted in both downloads. Took 4 hours to download twice. and the SAME file is corrupted.

The zip is alright. Your download just failed. You can download all the steps here
    Ok I think I got it.

If follow this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1248231 thread. to unlock bootloader and install a cmw

then flash the kernel image file of leedroid (boot.img from inside leedroid.zip) using "Fastboot flash boot boot.img" while still in fastboot mode

then enter recovery and flash the leedroid rom (the ledroid.zip)

then i should be able to boot and run your tool ? from leedroid home screen in charging mode , debug enabled/drivers installed

sorry, i just need someone who knows what they are doing to confirm.

exactly this way men.
    http://min.us/ms2cyh0xt

here is the mirror of the tool.......
    so, new evo 3d GSM unbranded, hboot 1.49.0018 - this will work ok right?

unlock with htcdev.com and then run the tools?

just taking ages to download -.-

take the minus mirror - should be faster.
    no, you also need to be prerooted, flash a custom ROM after unlocking.
    then you can run step1. No errors on step1? then run step2.