ROM: Galaxy Exhibit 4G Peach Sunrise 3.01

Search This thread

djharkavy

Jan 6, 2011
Peach Sunrise is the first custom ROM for the Samsung Exhibit II. It's Touchwiz-based, deodexed, zipaligned, rooted, very lightly themed and uses a custom kernel.The support files for Carrier IQ have been removed. A CWM-based Recovery is required for installation.

ADW Launcher is default. This launcher is highly themable, with many hundreds of themes (including ICS) downloadable from the Market. It also happens to be the default for CyanogenMod, so Peach is in good company :)

Titanium Backup, Voltage Control, CIFSManager & Quickboot (free versions) are included in the ROM.

The kernel (true of the stock kernel also) is underclock capable. Underclocking may help lengthen your battery life. Overclocking is not (yet) supported.

If you're a techie, extra features (that don't get in the way if you're not) include busybox, bash shell, init.d support, rc.local support, remount script and two modes of wireless access (ssh & adb wireless). Additionally, adb now supports root access, allowing you to do things from your command line that were not previously possible.

Additionally, the stock WallpaperChooser has been modified exposing 30 new Wallpapers from Samsung, previously hidden in the source code!

Download Peach Sunrise 1.2a HERE

Installation

CWM Keys:
Home key = enter
Back key = back
VolUp/Dwn = highlight choice

1. Back up your data. The installation will format your data partition. I suggest Titanium Backup, available in the Market.

2. Download the peach.sunrise zip file & copy to either your internal or external sd card.

3. Install Exhibit II 4G Custom Recovery (cwm) . If you're already rooted, you may install from the command line, otherwise you may install from Samsung's Recovery. Samsung's recovery only sees the internal SD, so copy the cwm zip there. Stock recovery sometimes takes more than one try to start.

Easy way to start recovery
* Make sure the cwm zip is on your internal (non-removable) sd.
* Pull the battery from your phone.
* Connect phone to your pc via usb.
* Press & hold Volume-up
* Insert battery

Your phone will boot into recovery. Press the capacitive menu button (left bottom button) when you see the open white box and droid. Choose 'apply update from sdcard' and select the cwm zip file.

4. Start Custom Recovery (cwm): Press & hold Vol-Up, then press & hold Power. Shortly after the plain white Samsung logo appears, release both buttons. Recovery should start after the color Samsung/T-Mobile Exhibit logo.

5. Select ROMwipe. This step is required! You will have problems if you do not install Peach to a clean system.

6. Highlight install zip from sdcard, then press Home.

7. Highlight 'choose zip from sdcard/external sdcard, depending where you placed the download in step 2.

8. Highlight the peach.sunrise zip file, then press Home.

After you confirm your choice, installation should take less than three minutes.

======================

As always, you install at your own risk. No guarantees or warranties are made or given. YYMV. Caveat Emptor, etc.

This ROM does not include the *.mbn files:
If you've deleted/modified those partitions (or your ROM has) you'll need to install stock.

Feel free to use this ROM as a base for your own projects. I don't insist on credit, but I do appreciate it.

=============================
Attachments
Default home screen

Photograph: Taken in August, 2011 at New Smyrna Beach, FL with a Nikon D300.

If I root my phone by installing your custom kernel, at what step should I start this process to get peach sunrise on my phone?

scelaschi

Nov 22, 2009
return Phone to original condition

Download standalone Exhibit II kernel: HERE
Download TwWallpaperChooser: HERE
Download deodexed bloat files: HERE
Download Stock t679 & Odin ( return phone to stock) HERE
Return to stock via CWM Download HERE
Download Exhibit II 4G Recovery (CWM-based) HERE
Download Samsung USB Drivers (win) v1.3.2 HERE
Swap stock sd and external_sd mount points: Download swapsd.01.zip
Swap cm9 sd and external_sd mount points: Download cm9.sdswap.01.zip
============================

Exhibit II 4g discussion HERE
Exhibit II 4g dev thread HERE
Exhibit II 4g Wiki HERE

I see a lot of files there...which files are needed (and what order) to return my phone back to 'stock" condition?

jocala

Jul 4, 2010
Ocala
I see a lot of files there...which files are needed (and what order) to return my phone back to 'stock" condition?

Depends on the current state of your phone.

If you have cwm installed: Return to stock via CWM Download HERE

If you don't have cwm installed, you can use Odin:

For instructions: Exhibit II 4g Wiki HERE

scelaschi

Nov 22, 2009
Recovery

Thanks for the quick reply! I like the ICS 4.0; however I really need the camera to work...any timeframe on this piece of the missing puzzle?

Thanks again

djharkavy

Jan 6, 2011
Depends on the current state of your phone.

If you have cwm installed: Return to stock via CWM Download HERE

If you don't have cwm installed, you can use Odin:

For instructions: Exhibit II 4g Wiki HERE

I am using a ubuntu box. I have adb working on it. What directory do I install your zip file to on the phone?

lolitsjae

Dec 1, 2011
Houston/Austin, TX
jocala, I'd like to report a bug..of somewhat.
I ROMwiped, and flashed v1.2a and when I changed the screen density from stock 240 to 185 and rebooted, the phone automatically turned off wifi even if I kept on pressing to turn wifi back on. I was able to regenerate this bug when I reflashed v1.2a.

Just lettin' you know :)

Reactions: jocala

jocala

Jul 4, 2010
Ocala

jocala, I'd like to report a bug..of somewhat.
I ROMwiped, and flashed v1.2a and when I changed the screen density from stock 240 to 185 and rebooted, the phone automatically turned off wifi even if I kept on pressing to turn wifi back on. I was able to regenerate this bug when I reflashed v1.2a.

Just lettin' you know :)

Weird, thanks :)

lolitsjae

Dec 1, 2011
Houston/Austin, TX
actually I don't think it's the rom's fault my bad. I just flashed to the xquizit rom and did the same process and I got the wifi turning off by itself again. I'll flash back to stock and retry the 1.2a with the lcd change display. Sorry for the mishap!

creeve4

Jan 5, 2011
Bountiful
Is it just me or is it impossible to get into CWM recovery using the method in the OP (Vol up, then power, then release)? I've also tried many other combinations, but the only way I can get the phone into recovery is using adb.

I would like to be able to access recovery without using my PC and adb.

Last edited:

lolitsjae

Dec 1, 2011
Houston/Austin, TX
Ok, I've fixed the problem..I first tried just flash back to stock, but that wasn't really successful (wifi error, wouldn't even let me enable it.) So what I did was format /sdcard, flash back to stock, root, cwm, flash 1.2a and changed lcd density and now it works fine :)
sorry for the mis-info earlier!

---------- Post added at 08:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 PM ----------

actually jocala, I have a question, this problem has been ticking me off since forever. Whenever I change the dpi, somehow some of the apps in the market become "incompatible" and when I change back to the stock dpi, it still says it's incompatible. What do you think might be the problem? I've faced this on rebelROM, PS 1.2a, not sure about cm9...but anyways any insight would be helpful.

jocala

Jul 4, 2010
Ocala
Ok, I've fixed the problem..I first tried just flash back to stock, but that wasn't really successful (wifi error, wouldn't even let me enable it.) So what I did was format /sdcard, flash back to stock, root, cwm, flash 1.2a and changed lcd density and now it works fine :)
sorry for the mis-info earlier!

---------- Post added at 08:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 PM ----------

actually jocala, I have a question, this problem has been ticking me off since forever. Whenever I change the dpi, somehow some of the apps in the market become "incompatible" and when I change back to the stock dpi, it still says it's incompatible. What do you think might be the problem? I've faced this on rebelROM, PS 1.2a, not sure about cm9...but anyways any insight would be helpful.

I think TB has a function to reset market items. I've never used it, but you look like a pioneering type :)

lolitsjae

Dec 1, 2011
Houston/Austin, TX
I think TB has a function to reset market items. I've never used it, but you look like a pioneering type :)

haha, I've researched about it, and most people are saying that it could be that the market scans for appropriate screen resolution for the app vs. the device and if it doesn't correlate, it shows up as "incompatible" which makes sense...

I've run into another dilemma...didn't even touch the resolution this time but it's the wifi turning itself off...I'll enable wifi..it will scan...and then 10 seconds later it will turn itself off...I've ran into this earlier when I first flashed your rom...it was actually fine at first and then I installed a custom font, which caused me to reboot, which brought me to this error...what do you think?

and I've not mentioned this earlier, but whenever I get that wifi problem and I try to reboot, the phone gets stuck in the "Samsung Exhibit II 4g Android 4G" logo screen, and goes into some sort of bootloop...gah...I wonder if it's just my device..
----------

I'd not like to go back to rebelROM.....let's hope I get a fix by tonight..

Last edited:

lolitsjae

Dec 1, 2011
Houston/Austin, TX
ok I thought it was voltage control that was causing this but I guess not....I've ran Romwipe, cache, dalvik, factory data reset and flashed 1.2a over and over again..but this wifi keeps on turning off by itself....yaaarrgghhhhhh.....

also I've noticed in cwm...I get this
E:can't open /cache/recovery/log
E: can't open /cache/recovery/last_log

This is confusing...

jocala

Jul 4, 2010
Ocala
ok I thought it was voltage control that was causing this but I guess not....I've ran Romwipe, cache, dalvik, factory data reset and flashed 1.2a over and over again..but this wifi keeps on turning off by itself....yaaarrgghhhhhh.....

also I've noticed in cwm...I get this

This is confusing...

The cwm log error messages I'll get around to fixing, sooner or later. They are harmless.

Your wifi, sorry, no idea. Didn't you say it was happening with other roms as well?

lolitsjae

Dec 1, 2011
Houston/Austin, TX
The cwm log error messages I'll get around to fixing, sooner or later. They are harmless.

Your wifi, sorry, no idea. Didn't you say it was happening with other roms as well?

oh ok I was worried those error messages were causing something haha.
on rebelROM: wifi doesn't turn on, just get "error" below wifi
on PS 1.2a: wifi works perfectly after first boot, but after second time, it starts scanning, and then turns off by itself, not sure why. <-- when I try to boot from this point the phone goes in bootloop, and I'm pretty sure others haven't faced this, just me, which is confusing me...

I just did flash back to stock again, rooted, cwm'd, now flashing rebel..so hopefully this will be the last battle of the night..I'm exhausted...haha

lolitsjae

Dec 1, 2011
Houston/Austin, TX
Ok, I just flashed to rebel straight from stock and things are back to normal....I'll flash back to PS1.2a when I'm done with college finals...until then..haha.

Hook em' horns UT!

jocala

Jul 4, 2010
Ocala
Is it just me or is it impossible to get into CWM recovery using the method in the OP (Vol up, then power, then release)? I've also tried many other combinations, but the only way I can get the phone into recovery is using adb.

I would like to be able to access recovery without using my PC and adb.

Peach includes an app for this, Quickboot.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Peach Sunrise is the first custom ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Exhibit. Based on stock UVLG3, it's deodexed, zipaligned, rooted, very lightly themed and uses a custom kernel. A CWM-based Recovery is required for installation. The industry spyware program Carrier IQ has been removed. This ROM is based on Samsung stock UVLG3 and is NOT vulnerable to USSD Dialer Attacks!

Everything that works with stock works with Peach Sunrise.

You can swap your internal and external sd storage using the included SwapSD app.

ADW Launcher is default. This launcher is highly themable, with many hundreds of themes (including ICS) downloadable from the Market.

EStrongs FM, Voltage Control, DSPManager and CIFSManager are included in the ROM.

V6 SuperCharger is included.

The stock WallpaperChooser has been modified exposing 30 new Wallpapers from Samsung, previously hidden in the source code!

Extra features include busybox, bash shell, terminal, init.d support, rc.local support, remount script. Additionally, adb now supports root access, allowing you to do things from your command line that were not previously possible.

Video review of the Galaxy Exhibit & Peach Sunrise by TheGeekRedneck

Download Peach Sunrise 3.01 Android 2.3.6 HERE
    Download Mirror

Kernel sources

Installation

CWM Keys:
    Home key = enter
    Back key = back
    VolUp/Dwn = highlight choice

1. Back up your data. The installation will format your data partition. I suggest Titanium Backup, available in the Market.

2. Download the peach.sunrise zip file & copy to either your internal or external sd card.

3. Install Galaxy Exhibit 4G Custom Recovery (cwm) . If you're already rooted, you may install from the command line, otherwise you may install from Samsung's Recovery. Samsung's recovery only sees the internal SD, so copy the cwm zip there. Stock recovery sometimes takes more than one try to start.

* Make sure the cwm zip is on your internal (non-removable) sd.
    * Pull the battery from your phone.
    * Connect phone to your pc via usb.
    * Press & hold Volume-up
    * Insert battery

Your phone will boot into recovery. Press the capacitive menu button (left bottom button) when you see the open white box and droid. Choose 'apply update from sdcard' and select the cwm zip file.

4. Start Custom Recovery (cwm): Press & hold Vol-Up, then press & hold Power. Shortly after the plain white Samsung logo appears, release both buttons. Recovery should start after the color Samsung/T-Mobile Exhibit logo.

5. Select ROMwipe. This step is required! You will have problems if you do not install Peach to a clean system.

6. Highlight install zip from sdcard, then press Home.

7. Highlight 'choose zip from sdcard/external sdcard, depending where you placed the download in step 2.

8. Highlight the peach.sunrise zip file, then press Home.

After you confirm your choice, installation should take less than three minutes.

Big Thanks to Camcory for his assistance with the extended menu for this release!

Remember to do a Nandroid Backup when you're happy with your setup!

Bloat
    Peach Sunrise has been de-bloated, meaning that most of the junk that
    T-Mobile/Samsung includes to eat up your phone's storage has been removed.
    If you need some of that stuff back, download the bloat file below, it's all in there.

bloat.peach.3.zip
    Mirror

======================

As always, you install at your own risk. No guarantees or warranties are made or given. YYMV. Caveat Emptor, etc.

Attachments
    Default home screen

Photograph: Taken in August, 2011 at New Smyrna Beach, FL with a Nikon D300.
    Links & Information

Useful links and information HERE
    Galaxy Exhibit 4G discussion HERE
    Galaxy Exhibit 4G Wiki HERE
    ClockworkMod 5.5.0.4

I've rebuilt our recovery image to include ClockworkMod 5.5.0.4. Thanks to Wilson and arco68 and of course Koush!

Download HERE

copy the cwm zip file to /mnt/sdcard and flash with recovery (stock or other).

1. Make sure the cwm zip is on your internal (non-removable) sd.
    2. Pull the battery from your phone.
    3. Connect phone to your pc via usb.
    4. Press & hold Volume-up
    5. Insert battery

You can also flash via dd at a root prompt. You'll need recovery.img, contained in the cwm zip file This is considered to be advanced, but actually, it's quite easy.

Code:
    adb shell
    su
    dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p13
    reboot recovery
    cwm keys: home,back, vol-up,vol-dn
    peach.v2.rc1.zip

peach.v2.rc1.zip

I expect that this will actually be 2.0, unless someone posts something show stopping.

Very heavily debloated.
    swapsd included
    terminal included
    V6 SuperCharger included.
    DSPManager included.

To swap your internal and external sd:
    open terminal.
    type "su" to become root.
    enter swapsd external to swap OR
    enter swapsd default to return to normal.
    reboot.
    This is only done once.
    The change is persistent until you swap it back.
    Please note than cwm does not recognize swapping.

Currently, SuperCharger is not initially activated. I'll probably have a default active at boot in the future.

To activate Supercharger, open terminal and enter su.
    When you have a "#" prompt, enter v6.
    A reboot is required after you exit the v6 script.
    Peach Sunrise 3.00

Peach Sunrise is the first custom ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Exhibit. Based on stock UVLG3, it's deodexed, zipaligned, rooted, very lightly themed and uses a custom kernel. This release is not vulnerable to the tel:ussd dialer exploit. A CWM-based Recovery is required for installation.

Download Peach Sunrise 3.00 Android 2.3.6 HERE
    Download Mirror 1
    Download Mirror 2

Big Thanks to Camcoryhttp://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=4450173 for his assistance with the extended menu for this release!