Search This thread

Spec-Chum

Mar 7, 2013
Got mine last night around 1am.

HDX 7" here

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Is a changelog available?

All I can see on Amazon is:

"The software update includes general improvements and the following feature enhancements:
Enhance your device's security with encryption

You can now encrypt your accounts, settings, and downloaded apps and their data, media, and other files on your Kindle Fire. To learn more, go to Protect Your Data with Security Settings.

Test your knowledge with Flashcards for Kindle Print Replica textbooks
Create flashcards to help you learn more about key terms and concepts in a textbook. To learn more, go to Reading Enhancements."

Reactions: Tilgi

GSLEON3

Retired Senior Moderator
Only if you want to either keep root or possibly root sooner rather than later.

I got the update. I'm not ahving much luck with 14.3.2.1, so maybe this will have something I can spot more easily. I still think using stream writter with a fudged update may be possible, but I am running into signature issues. Maybe including it as a part of the fwupdate tar archive, but not 100% on that.

At any rate, IF YOU INSTALL SafeStrap on the stock slot & then install safestrap again while in the working rom-slot (i.e., rom-slot 1), the update will reboot into fastboot, then you will reboot (do not wipe device) & the safestrap popup will display. Otherwise the device cannot boot, because the new boot.img CANNOT insytall if you have safestrap installed on rom-slot too. At that point, all you need to do is reflash the 14.3.1.0 COMPLETE firmware bin (Hashcodes stripped zip won't do it) & you are good again. Just keep the supersu zip in sdcard for flashing right away as well.

Reactions: jimyv

krypted

May 6, 2009
So I activated my "stock" rom slot because I wanted to try something. I forgot about the auto update, and my kindle updated and now I lost safestrap so I can't get into my other rom slots. Naturally root is gone too. CRAP! My Kindle was running so well with GAPPS too.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Is a changelog available?

All I can see on Amazon is:

"The software update includes general improvements and the following feature enhancements:
    Enhance your device's security with encryption

You can now encrypt your accounts, settings, and downloaded apps and their data, media, and other files on your Kindle Fire. To learn more, go to Protect Your Data with Security Settings.

Test your knowledge with Flashcards for Kindle Print Replica textbooks
    Create flashcards to help you learn more about key terms and concepts in a textbook. To learn more, go to Reading Enhancements."
    Only if you want to either keep root or possibly root sooner rather than later.

I got the update. I'm not ahving much luck with 14.3.2.1, so maybe this will have something I can spot more easily. I still think using stream writter with a fudged update may be possible, but I am running into signature issues. Maybe including it as a part of the fwupdate tar archive, but not 100% on that.

At any rate, IF YOU INSTALL SafeStrap on the stock slot & then install safestrap again while in the working rom-slot (i.e., rom-slot 1), the update will reboot into fastboot, then you will reboot (do not wipe device) & the safestrap popup will display. Otherwise the device cannot boot, because the new boot.img CANNOT insytall if you have safestrap installed on rom-slot too. At that point, all you need to do is reflash the 14.3.1.0 COMPLETE firmware bin (Hashcodes stripped zip won't do it) & you are good again. Just keep the supersu zip in sdcard for flashing right away as well.