[ROM][12 MAR] VillainROM v13.0 Release * WWE * Android 2.1 *

Search This thread

gli8600

Apr 12, 2010
Any reason why the GPS is not locking any satelites? I stood in an open area for a few minutes.

chachi

Mar 26, 2007
San Jose, California
Ah good point ... I did some sort of GPS preload hack on VR12 at one point which made it lock 1000x quicker than it used to but don't recall what it was, anyone remember what I'm referring to?

Mansn

Aug 2, 2009
This is the first ROM that I have managed to get SVOX classic voices to work. It didn't even work in android 2.2. I think there might be an audio issue in Flykernel 12a somewhere.

Seems like an extremely smooth and fast rom. I think I will be sticking with this, even though I do miss the improvements of newer versions of android. Unfortunately there is always something that doesn't quite work in CM and other android versions for hero.

pulser_g2

Admin Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer
Nov 27, 2009
Since they're modifying the work done by others.
And it is not called "working for me", it's called working for us
Si no sabes, no hables.

Actually not... It's called "doing something for yourself", and letting other people use it if they want to ;)

I make a ROM to use on my phone. If I like it, I may post it up. I don't make a ROM I won't run daily :)

medo159

Dec 17, 2006
OnePlus 8 Pro
After flashing this rom and restoring my backup apps via Titanium, I got like 25 mb free on internal storage, looks like the apps installed on the phone's memory not SD!

This is weird, do I need to do anything for A2SD to move my apps? or does it work automatically?

Also since this is 2.1 rom, I can't use apps like SD Move :(

I have to say this rom is really FAST !!!! even after heavy use it still works very fast !!

Last edited:

sjaanjean

Jan 29, 2010
After flashing this rom and restoring my backup apps via Titanium, I got like 25 mb free on internal storage, looks like the apps installed on the phone's memory not SD!

This is weird, do I need to do anything for A2SD to move my apps? or does it work automatically?

2.1 doesn't support A2SD

pulser_g2

Nov 27, 2009

Also since this is 2.1 rom, I can't use apps like SD Move :(

I have to say this rom is really FAST !!!! even after heavy use it still works very fast !!

Use the EXT apps2sd system, or don't use A2SD at all...

medo159

Dec 17, 2006
OnePlus 8 Pro
2.1 doesn't support A2SD

I know it doesn't by default, that's why Villain listed it as an included feature

Whats Included;
-Based on latest OTA 3.36.405.1
-19MHz to 748MHz OC kernel
-Multi Language support
-Latest busybox/bash
-Included apps updated to latest (Market, Maps, Etc..)
-Tweaked auto memkiller (do not use any task killer apps)
-Optimized battery usage
-Increased Dalvik heap
-Latest APNs list (At time of release)
-All apps optimized with custom VR script
-Custom A2SD Script (Apps only)

-VillainROM Wallpapers app
-VillainROM Boot animation
-FAST!!! - Based on user experience, not benchmarks!

I think it doesn't work correctly on my phone, have already partitioned my SDcard with swap and ext2.

I have been searching for a while and found many ways to check if A2SD script is running properly or not.

When I run this command
Code:
adb shell ls -l /data/app

I'm supposed to get a line like this
Code:
lrwxrwxrwx    1 0      0      14 May 14 14:08 /data/app -> /[COLOR="red"][B]system[/B][/COLOR]/sd/app

But instead I get
Code:
lrwxrwxrwx    1 0      0      12 Mar 13 03:36 /data/app -> /[COLOR="red"][B]data[/B][/COLOR]/sd/app

Does this means my apps are installed in internal memory?

pulser_g2

Nov 27, 2009
I know it doesn't by default, that's why Villain listed it as an included feature

I think it doesn't work correctly on my phone, have already partitioned my SDcard with swap and ext2.

I have been searching for a while and found many ways to check if A2SD script is running properly or not.

When I run this command
Code:
adb shell ls -l /data/app

I'm supposed to get a line like this
Code:
lrwxrwxrwx    1 0      0      14 May 14 14:08 /data/app -> /[COLOR="red"][B]system[/B][/COLOR]/sd/app

But instead I get
Code:
lrwxrwxrwx    1 0      0      12 Mar 13 03:36 /data/app -> /[COLOR="red"][B]data[/B][/COLOR]/sd/app

Does this means my apps are installed in internal memory?

2.1 doesn't support GOOGLE apps2sd, which is pretty crap, storing apps on the FAT filesystem.

It DOES support EXT based apps2sd. I checked the ROM and /data/sd/app is correct. That is a symlink to your SD card EXT partition.

So your Apps2SD is working fine :)

itandy

Apr 28, 2010
Hong Kong
Anyone has YouTube app working in VR13? I upgarded from VR12 (cleared Cache and Dalvik) and now YouTube app disappeared. I found the APK is still in /system/app but it doesn't show in programs. Already tried clearing data in HTC Sense but doesn't help.

itandy

Apr 28, 2010
Hong Kong
Just want to let others who is also upgrading from VR12 to know that I've to manually flash the apps2sd script I used in VR12 after upgrading to VR13. Otherwise, VR13 just boot loop. Perhaps it's because I moved both app and Dalvik-cache to SD and the default apps2sd script in VR13 is not compatible.

RaiderX303

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 16, 2009
Merseyside
just a few questions answered:

Q: Why is this android 2.1 instead of 2.2
A: For now, android 2.2 is not stable enough to be released, 2.2 is still rather slow and buggy so i would rather release a fully working and very fast 2.1 than release a half working, slow 2.2

Q: Ive restored a backup of my apps but now ive got no space left on data, what happened to apps2sd
A: This ROM does use apps2sd using an sd-ext partition but only uses the SD for the apps, the dalvik-cache is still stored on data, i will release some extras later today that include a flashable patch for dalvik2sd and dalvik2cache, dalvik2sd will require a fast SD card, class4 or higher, this would free quite a bit of space on data

Q: ive updated from an older version of VR or other rom but some apps are not showing anymore.
A: Do a full wipe and see if that helps, if you update from an older rom with older versions of the apps it could cause issues as all the latest apps are built into the rom

Imperticus

Jan 27, 2011
VR13 is an absolute treat, this is really fast and stable, and love being back to Sense.

Top Liked Posts