SanDisk memory

Search This thread

hajime_android

Apr 22, 2012
Hello, I have been using the Sandisk ultra 64GB on my Galaxy Note 2 for a year. It is very nice except that at one point, it took a long time for the photos to be listed and that it looked like the files were corrupted (the device displayed something rather than the photos).

For the Note 10,1 2014, which SanDisk 64GB memory do you recommend? Now they sell the Extreme and Extreme Pro. Not sure if the device could take advantage of the speed.

By the way, can the Note Pro 12.2 read/write faster than the Note 10.1, 2014? Still drawn between the devices but I need to buy soon. Thanks.

hajime_android

Apr 22, 2012
The 12.2 should be identical to the 10.1, except for size. Both may profit from cards up to HC 1 UHS 2. SDXC cards just became available with HC/UHS support, making them finally as fast as the smaller SDXC ones(<32gb).
From Sandisk website, the onlu 64GB cards for these two devices are:
http://pct1.sandisk.com/ProductList.aspx?DeviceID=21306

1. SanDisk Extreme Plus microSDXC UHS-I Card 64GB
SDSDQX-064G-A46A

2. SanDisk Extreme® microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-I Card_64GB
SDSDQXL-064G-A46A

Where can I find the HC 1 UHS 2?

CehowardNote3

Nov 5, 2013
I have been using the Sandisk Ultra 64gb Class 10 in both my Notes.. No problems. The point is, could my two Notes notice the extra speed of the Extreme over the Ultra? I think not, just an opinion, and before I spend TWICE as much something, I want to know if I will get TWICE the performance.

No doubt the Extreme is faster, but, I have no issues with the two Ultras.. There is a BIG price difference from the Ultra to the Extreme.. Almost twice the cost...

Reactions: hajime_android

lecorbusier

Nov 28, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S5
LG G6
I don't know the bus transfer limit of the sd slot. Once this is known, you will at least profit during writes from cards with an ultra fast flash controller, as the Note should be able to handle writes as fast as reads. Probably even faster, if the internal flash limits.

KoryandR

Nov 1, 2009
Don't waste your money. I bought a SanDisk Extreme 64GB for this tablet and the speed is an ABSOLUTE SHAME.
I only get this:
R:21.54MB/s
W:19.49MB/s

Just use A1 SD Bench and verify yourself.

This is what it should be like:
upe4azu2.jpg

nuhyty9u.jpg

3e7anaza.jpg

Enviado desde mi SM-P605 mediante Tapatalk

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Don't waste your money. I bought a SanDisk Extreme 64GB for this tablet and the speed is an ABSOLUTE SHAME.
    I only get this:
    R:21.54MB/s
    W:19.49MB/s

Just use A1 SD Bench and verify yourself.

This is what it should be like:
    upe4azu2.jpg

nuhyty9u.jpg

3e7anaza.jpg

Enviado desde mi SM-P605 mediante Tapatalk
    The 12.2 should be identical to the 10.1, except for size. Both may profit from cards up to HC 1 UHS 2. SDXC cards just became available with HC/UHS support, making them finally as fast as the smaller SDXC ones(<32gb).
    There are probably none yet. It's a faster class, and there's a new HC 2 standard, also starting with Uhs 1, with a Uhs 2 to follow later.
    But this will need a second row of contacts in the sd slot.
    I have been using the Sandisk Ultra 64gb Class 10 in both my Notes.. No problems. The point is, could my two Notes notice the extra speed of the Extreme over the Ultra? I think not, just an opinion, and before I spend TWICE as much something, I want to know if I will get TWICE the performance.

No doubt the Extreme is faster, but, I have no issues with the two Ultras.. There is a BIG price difference from the Ultra to the Extreme.. Almost twice the cost...