Which color to get?

Search This thread

MercuryStar

Oct 6, 2009
This white plastic shouldn't ever turn yellow, and IMHO the white parts show up markings from your fingers a lot less than the black.

Anyway, I got the white purely because it looks better, no other reason than that.

honeygne

Nov 23, 2012
aggreed

Grey looks fine less contrast with the screen.
i am agree with you the screen of galaxy note is bit lighter than other tabs like ipad 3 but it is much better than ipad due to other features.i also chosed deep grey because when we use it in day light because of gray finishing outside the screen it looks more brighter.

xMimyx

Apr 26, 2012
pretty much you would buy a countless covers to increase the protection of your " 500$ " tablet ..

it doesn't really make changes to me , I've 2 covers and plan to buy other 2 covers ..

but maybe cuz I'm a girl I like to change the style a lot .. :rolleyes:

I had the white one btw .. :angel:

Last edited:

Atrixed2

Nov 28, 2011
Los Angeles
I bought the white one and I'm loving it so far. Once my Moko case arrives then it will be black on white lol. The deep grey one reminds me of the food trays.
3121.gif

image courtesy of http://store.colemans.com/cart/mess-tray-military-stainless-steel-used-p-2305.html

KING SKILLZ

Jun 21, 2007
NYC
I have the white S3, and was going to get the white note 10.1 as well, but when looking at it in person the chrome colored speaker grills made the white version look cheap and sloppy. The dark grey looks more streamlined.

kiboy6

Nov 5, 2012
For all aesthetic reasons I have decided to go for the grey.

However, this talk of differing build quality has me hesitating.

Specifically for the UK, have we reached a definitive answer on whether one need take build quality into consideration when choosing a colour?

Thanks

blud7

Jul 12, 2010
the white I bought was defective, shipped it back for a gray.
Personally I liked the white better, but my friends kept asking me if I got an iPad.

optimus43

Sep 5, 2012
For all aesthetic reasons I have decided to go for the grey.

However, this talk of differing build quality has me hesitating.

Specifically for the UK, have we reached a definitive answer on whether one need take build quality into consideration when choosing a colour?

Thanks

I have grey and am from Canada mines perfect build quality seems very good no creaking overall no complaints with build quality at all

TPizzle

Mar 5, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Wow never thought this thread would be alive for this long lol. I'm loving my white one so far, not so much for the color but the tablet itself. Amazing in every way, only thing I'd changes if I could would be a larger screen size so I don't have to scroll around often in lecture notes. Also the white is an excellent compliment to my white s2.

HUYI

Dec 23, 2010
there should have a poll so its easier to see what colour people have picked, so far the white is the most popular, can anyone who owns a white note tell me if the white note is a fingerprint magnet? that is my only concern about the white version.

ricardosteve

Nov 17, 2012
Some random tropical place
As everyone said before: it's more of a personal choice.

I bought the White version and I have no regrets.
At first, my thoughts were: "well, I'm going to buy a white device, which will attract dirt and scratches more than any other thing I own".
Guess what, I was wrong. I take care of my devices, I actually really care about them, as if they were jewels.

I currently use a Samsung Original Book Cover (white) and it fits my tablet perfectly, protects it and sort of "cleans" the screen (each time I open and close it). Alongside, I use a screen protector. All in all, it doesn't feel like "cheap plastic" (those reviewers, a few months ago, should eat cheap plastic for saying that so many freaking times)

Even today someone told me: "Wow, is that a tablet? It's beautiful. It's so elegant".
It made me win my day. Didn't try the black yet, but would like to.

Last edited:

HUYI

Dec 23, 2010

nice but it's only 3g+wifi models only and will probably be american only too, as of now you can't buy the black colour of the sg note 10.1 wifi model it's out of stock/discontinued everywhere, i was going to buy it but i'm stuck with the white colour now, that is the only colour available in the uk right now. :mad:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Quick information. I've stucked this thread and now it should be considered as an official place to discuss color. Other threads will be closed. Thanks for understanding :)
    I don't think that applies as much as you think, I tend to look at my screen more than the back of my tab...
    Granted it may get a bit hotter on the surface to touch but how many people sit in the sun using their tablets? I use my tablet outside very rarely, the screen can be a bit hard to see in sunlight but I can say that my tab has never overheated...
    The other thing is, this is generally a moot point, I've seen people with the white Note 10.1 put it in a black case, you can't tell me that my Note gets hotter in my light brown leather case than theirs in their black silicone case?
    Lol
    Well, if you use a car dock form your cell phone and have it in the sunlight for 3 hours, your phone gets very toasty. I've had my share of reboots and freezes due to overheating devices over the years on all but my white GS3.
    Different materials have different heat capacities, but generally darker colors get hotter. Silicon in what I am guessing is the gel form does not have a high heat capacity, while leather has a higher one, so yours mights have still been hotter.

Science.
    White looks best

Hey guys, I intend on getting a note soon and my question is, which color should I get? Obviously preference is the answer here but I'm a bit afraid if I get the white one it would inevitably get some markings soon and look disgusting. With that said I do own a white sgs2 which is flawless after owning for many months. But that is because it's under constant protection from a case and screen protector. Can't say I'd do the same to the note. Also the grey looks a bit tacky as opposed to if they had gone with black like the tab (speaking in terms of the bezel only). So any insight on this from owners of both colors? Thanks.

It is personal preference. but still i prefer white. it looks classy. i have for 6 months (with a cover, of course.) it looks great
    White looks nice but i went for the deep Grey :good:
    White is my wife's color for devices (currently, an iPad 3 and an S4). Gray was the only choice for me, for both my N10.1 and N2.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk HD