[Q] Is using bittorrent on my Z2 harmful?

Search This thread

HaroonZ2

Jul 19, 2014
Cambridge
Hi

I've been using bit torrent to download albums and paste them in to my Walkman player.
I do know that using p2p softwares can be harmful. However I scan my phone using the clean master app from the play store and the results are always "no harm found"

But for a strange reason my phone suddenly won't send or receive texts or calls. I have written another post asking for people help on that.
My question is could it be because of bit torrent and clean master can't detect it.
It is a coincidence that my phone stopped working properly after a few days of using bit torrent l. ( I have around 4gb of music on my phone that I've downloaded from bit torrent)

Thank you...
Haroon

Envious_Data

Oct 12, 2012
Imagination
enviousmedia.design
Hi

I've been using bit torrent to download albums and paste them in to my Walkman player.
I do know that using p2p softwares can be harmful. However I scan my phone using the clean master app from the play store and the results are always "no harm found"

But for a strange reason my phone suddenly won't send or receive texts or calls. I have written another post asking for people help on that.
My question is could it be because of bit torrent and clean master can't detect it.
It is a coincidence that my phone stopped working properly after a few days of using bit torrent l. ( I have around 4gb of music on my phone that I've downloaded from bit torrent)

Thank you...
Haroon

There is no such thing as viruses on android, 99% of anti~virus and security crap is usualy a placebo

Bittorrent is official bittorent so its safe

And the Z2 FW is a bit buggy, stuff can stop working so try factory resetting

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

HaroonZ2

Jul 19, 2014
Cambridge
There is no such thing as viruses on android, 99% of anti~virus and security crap is usualy a placebo

Bittorrent is official bittorent so its safe

And the Z2 FW is a bit buggy, stuff can stop working so try factory resetting

Oh right thanks a lot. I guess I can still use bit torrent happily!
Oh well that's a terrible bug on firmware, i will reset after I try a few more methods I found on the Internet. Thank you

Envious_Data

Oct 12, 2012
Imagination
enviousmedia.design
Oh right thanks a lot. I guess I can still use bit torrent happily!
Oh well that's a terrible bug on firmware, i will reset after I try a few more methods I found on the Internet. Thank you

Just to be clear when i say factory reset i mean via flashtool or Sony PC companion (support zone>repair device)

HaroonZ2

Jul 19, 2014
Cambridge
Just to be clear when i say factory reset i mean via flashtool or Sony PC companion (support zone>repair device)

Understood. I just reset my phone by using."back up and reset" in the settings menu. Nothing changed. As I have just read what you said I'm going to look into using Sony PC companion.

P.S is flashtool and Sony PC companion legit. Meaning will they mess up my phone or my computer with malware?
What's the easier and safest tool to use?

Thanks..
Haroon

_timm

Nov 28, 2010
Sony PC companion is official, it will download firmware through the app and install it to your phone. Flashtool isn't official but is trusted - although you do need to source and download the relevant firmware yourself to flash to the device (making it more difficult and maybe less secure than the official Sony software.)

Neither will install malware on your phone (just don't download it from a dodgy website).

Last edited:

HaroonZ2

Jul 19, 2014
Cambridge
Sony PC companion is official, it will download firmware through the app and install it to your phone. Flashtool isn't official but is trusted - although you do need to source and download the relevant firmware yourself to flash to the device (making it more difficult and maybe less secure than the official Sony software.)

Neither will install malware on your phone (just don't download it from a dodgy website).

Okay brilliant. That's helpful! I wouldn't want to take any risks on.my phone I've had it barely 10 days, paid.top price and it's already malfunctioning. Such a pain!!!
Thanks again
Haroon.

Envious_Data

Oct 12, 2012
Imagination
enviousmedia.design
Well just a side note, quite a few of the issues with the Z2 are caused by google because 4.4.2 isnt the most stable android release ever and neither it being bugless

Alot of wifi,data and system stability issues are caused by 4.4.2 android not sonys rendition (of course sony tried patching)

HaroonZ2

Jul 19, 2014
Cambridge
Well just a side note, quite a few of the issues with the Z2 are caused by google because 4.4.2 isnt the most stable android release ever and neither it being bugless

Alot of wifi,data and system stability issues are caused by 4.4.2 android not sonys rendition (of course sony tried patching)

Yeah 4.4.2 is pretty bad. Google should make a new update!
One of the worst thing of the 4.4.2 update is definitely the fact you cant move your apps to your SD card, unless you flash your phone. Ive tried apps like app2sd and it wont work on 4.4.2. Its so limited in how you can spread and balance your data. I have a 128gb SD card and have trouble copying my music and videos from the phone to the SD card all the time.

Damn GOOGLE :(

Envious_Data

Oct 12, 2012
Imagination
enviousmedia.design
Yeah 4.4.2 is pretty bad. Google should make a new update!
One of the worst thing of the 4.4.2 update is definitely the fact you cant move your apps to your SD card, unless you flash your phone. Ive tried apps like app2sd and it wont work on 4.4.2. Its so limited in how you can spread and balance your data. I have a 128gb SD card and have trouble copying my music and videos from the phone to the SD card all the time.

Damn GOOGLE :(

Well 4.4.3 fixed alot of issues and 4.4.4 was a small security patch

Z2 Is still waiting for 4.4.4, Z1 ZU n them lot have 4.4.4 from sony

As for SDcard use we are kinda stuck without use unless we root

HaroonZ2

Jul 19, 2014
Cambridge
Well 4.4.3 fixed alot of issues and 4.4.4 was a small security patch

Z2 Is still waiting for 4.4.4, Z1 ZU n them lot have 4.4.4 from sony

As for SDcard use we are kinda stuck without use unless we root

Yea that's a shame about the SD cards.

I just factory reset my phone using Sony PC companion to figure out why my calls and texts don't work and factory reset did not help... What a bummer'

What do you mean there is 4.4.3 and 4.4.4 I never knew there were higher updates for Z2 on kitkat 4.4.2

Envious_Data

Oct 12, 2012
Imagination
enviousmedia.design
Yea that's a shame about the SD cards.

I just factory reset my phone using Sony PC companion to figure out why my calls and texts don't work and factory reset did not help... What a bummer'

What do you mean there is 4.4.3 and 4.4.4 I never knew there were higher updates for Z2 on kitkat 4.4.2

Android is made by google, you should keep up with it, you may find useful info

However the android in xperias in sonys hands to take android and update their phones