8GB SDHC card on HTC Universal ?

Search This thread

arliss

Jan 9, 2005
Hi I have learned a way to format/partition SDHC card using Linux System rescueCD.

It is not very difficult and all you need is a blank CD and a card reader.

Go to www.sysresccd.org
and download the latest version of system rescue CD.
Burn it on a normal CD.

Ok, now restart your windows with CD on drive, and card reader at USB, let the SystemRescueCD boot

Go to the prompt line and type
rescuecd dostartx docache doeject

A graphic environment will start. Right click and you should find gparted. Open it. Delete the existing partition and create a new one fat32 the size you want.
TAKE CARE!
It will show your HD by default. At right top you should be able to select - /dev/hda, or /dev/sda, card shoul appear as /dev/sdb.
Do not forget to create fat32 partition. You can either create 2 x 4Gb partitions, 1 x 8Gb partition or 1 x 5Gb + 1 x 2Gb etc...

After all changes prepared you tell the program to execute.

By the way this patch never worked for me, I could only read 8Gb SDHC after flashing new ROM supporting it.

:)

harrio

Nov 25, 2007
4 gb sd card for imate jasjar

As I say, I thought that had been addressed in the latest ROMs - not tried it myself, so could be wrong.

Cheers,

Steve.

i do in fact have the IMATE JASJAR and the 4GB sd card works extremely well throughout its entire operations including the camera. my question is , should i update the JJ to WM-6, would the unit then work with a sdhc card installed

dah54

Mar 24, 2005

Tahmaseeb

Nov 7, 2007
Canada
thats weird...some of the ppl who r using jasan's rom says uses 8gb...i was planning to buy one myself...now im just confused...

nyok80

May 22, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
Any good deal??

Hi guys,

DO any of you know where i can purchase a 8G card with a reasonable price?or maybe if you know any offer going on now?? TQ

mediontvsat

Jan 15, 2008
Bytom
SDHC 8GB Transcend

I use 8GB SDHC Transcend. Part no: "TS8GSDHC6"
I run it on RANJU 7.4 ROM, with SD-Settings plugin (build into this ROM) set to SDHC type -II.
It started from the scratch, one soft reset only.

SD-Settings settings ;-) :
- SD (standard): not seen
- SDHC Type I : 7685.5MB
- SDHC Type II : 7686.0MB

What's funny-strange - it is shown as 3509.8 MB in Chi-Tai Dang Battery-Status 1.04, which confused me at the beggining.

Regards,

jasjaruser

Jan 8, 2008
Hi there,
I have the WiMo6 ROM update installed, a breeze, and am now running a 16gb SDHC card, it saves no probs.
Steve

gadgetxone

Feb 11, 2005
what if i'm using a 8GB MicroSDHC + SD adapter, and plug it in ...

will it work ?
r the sd adapter must be sdhc compatible also ?
thx

oqaab

Sep 22, 2007
All the latest Roms are supporting SDHC cards. You can install SDHC driver to enable large card support even on older Roms. Search forum for SDHC drivers, its the CAB file posted somewhere here.

Sstin

Jan 5, 2009
16GB

I use 16GB SDHC AData Class6. No problemo :)
WM 6.1 CE OS 5.2.19960 (Build 19960.1.1.8 TML)
SDHC Type-I