[Q] In call volume is very low in cm11

Search This thread

dolbynrdd

Jan 13, 2014
After a quick search I've found that a lot of other people are experiencing the same problem on other phones. I opened this thread because no one has reported this problem yet on a LG p880.

I've flashed the latest cm11 nightly and will continue to do so every day. The version I am running now is 11-20140115-NIGHTLY-p880.

After a clean restart outgoing calls work normally. After a couple of outgoing calls in call volume drops dramatically (I can barely hear the ringing tone before the other person picks up and then I can barely hear the other person talk). Incoming calls work normally. The problem continues until I restart my phone or I get an incoming call. Then the same happens all over again, first two - three calls work normally then in call volume drops.

I've tried making calls with and without a Bluetooth device and with and without the stock dialer. I've also tried merging calls and putting calls on hold after I call but the volume problem persists until I restart the phone or I receive an incoming call.

I will continue to update this thread as I flash nightly updates daily.

Thanks for your help :)

Reactions: tristaoeast

prem911

May 2, 2013
Bangalore
I installed version 11-20140116-NIGHTLY-p880. Problem persists.
I have a workaround for this. When you start feeling that the volume is low, I first press the vol down button few times and then press the vol up button multiple times till I hear the voice properly.
Let me know if it works for you. But definitely this is a problem for all of us.

dolbynrdd

Jan 13, 2014
Hi and thanks for the reply. Tried to do what you described but it didn't work for me. Maybe I am doing something wrong. When the problem appears its even before the other person picks up so I can hear the ringing tone at a really low volume. I tried turning the volume down a bit and then turning it all the way up like you said but no luck...
I am now downloading the latest cm11 nightly, I hope this will be fixed soon.

Sent from my LG-P880 using xda app-developers app

dolbynrdd

Jan 13, 2014
Just installed 11-20140118-NIGHTLY-p880. In call volume problem is still there.

Sent from my LG-P880 using xda app-developers app

dolbynrdd

Jan 13, 2014
Installed 11-20140120-NIGHTLY-p880. Problem is still there. The only workaround that works for me so far is calling myself. After the busy message I get, in call volume is fine again for two - three calls. Then the same thing happens all over again.

dolbynrdd

Jan 13, 2014
Flashed cm-11-20140122-NIGHTLY-p880. There is improvement worth mentioning. As soon as the new rom booted up I went to check the in call volume with outgoing calls. The third continuous call I made had really low in call volume so I was immediately disappointed. Then I made another call and in call volume was back to normal, something that would not happen in previous roms. Then I made another 5 calls and on the 6th the volume was low again. Since then though every call I've made has normal in call volume (one day / 20 calls).

This was a huge improvement. Will flash cm-11-20140123-NIGHTLY-p880 and see how it goes.

dolbynrdd

Jan 13, 2014
Flashed cm-11-20140123-NIGHTLY-p880 and then cm-11-20140124-NIGHTLY-p880. With the latter I've made numerous outgoing calls and I've only had low in call volume once. I'd say the cm developers have found whats wring and are slowly fixing it.

ottomanhero

Jan 4, 2013
After a quick search I've found that a lot of other people are experiencing the same problem on other phones. I opened this thread because no one has reported this problem yet on a LG p880

I've tried a workaround using sony xloud.It is known to increase in call volume.Works fine so far, pretty sure it increased mine.It also has clear audio, which is supposed to reduce noise when volume is too loud. (tested on latest nightly)

Make sure you thank the OP in this thread.I could never download that ZIP via pimpmyrom app, guess the servers are down.
Also make sure you thank this member for creating the flashable zip & wonderful app

Installation instructions :
Flash the zip via recovery, wipe dalvik cache and reboot.

dolbynrdd

Jan 13, 2014
Thank you for your reply. The latest rom I've flashed is cm-11-20140215-NIGHTLY and it works fine. There have not been any occurrences where in call volume was low, with or without Bluetooth..

Thank you all for your help, I consider this problem solved for the p880.

prem911

May 2, 2013
Bangalore
Low call volume

Thank you for your reply. The latest rom I've flashed is cm-11-20140215-NIGHTLY and it works fine. There have not been any occurrences where in call volume was low, with or without Bluetooth..

Thank you all for your help, I consider this problem solved for the p880.
The problem is not solved. It is back with vengeance since the beginning of July. I have not gone back to a June build to check if it works.

Any workarounds please.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    After a quick search I've found that a lot of other people are experiencing the same problem on other phones. I opened this thread because no one has reported this problem yet on a LG p880

I've tried a workaround using sony xloud.It is known to increase in call volume.Works fine so far, pretty sure it increased mine.It also has clear audio, which is supposed to reduce noise when volume is too loud. (tested on latest nightly)

Make sure you thank the OP in this thread.I could never download that ZIP via pimpmyrom app, guess the servers are down.
    Also make sure you thank this member for creating the flashable zip & wonderful app

Installation instructions :
    Flash the zip via recovery, wipe dalvik cache and reboot.
    After a quick search I've found that a lot of other people are experiencing the same problem on other phones. I opened this thread because no one has reported this problem yet on a LG p880.

I've flashed the latest cm11 nightly and will continue to do so every day. The version I am running now is 11-20140115-NIGHTLY-p880.

After a clean restart outgoing calls work normally. After a couple of outgoing calls in call volume drops dramatically (I can barely hear the ringing tone before the other person picks up and then I can barely hear the other person talk). Incoming calls work normally. The problem continues until I restart my phone or I get an incoming call. Then the same happens all over again, first two - three calls work normally then in call volume drops.

I've tried making calls with and without a Bluetooth device and with and without the stock dialer. I've also tried merging calls and putting calls on hold after I call but the volume problem persists until I restart the phone or I receive an incoming call.

I will continue to update this thread as I flash nightly updates daily.

Is the problem fixed yet?last time i tried 30-8 build and problem was still there

I instaled this zip (Beats Audio + xLoud) and problem was solved. Im not using CM but Liquidsmooth (based on CM) and it worked ;)
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1598865