i have no idea what i am doing!

Search This thread

turbonuts

Mar 5, 2014
hi there.

first of all couple weeks ago my phone went into a boot loop. went to phone shop and the guy fobbed me off because i didnt have insurance. so i went online to look for some help. discovered odin and used bootloader to get it out of loop. which wiped my imei number! now phone is useless, i have stalked forums and net for a while trying to get over this flashing new firm ware on my phone and trying to root it etc, but to be honest i try to follow guides but never seems to happen with me as something in the process is missing or not happening for me :( even with flashing the counter so i could send it to samsung( discovered i voided warranty not long after trying to DIY fix) wish i never botherd and stood my ground in phones 4 u to get them to send it away in first place!

i have gave up on me trying to do this as i dont think i have the know how to do this properly and i was wondering if theres anyone with the right knowhow here that i could send my phone to for recover the imei number so i can use it or atleast get it back to warranty worthiness as i desperately just want it working now :(

more than happy to cover the beer token fee ofcourse!

forgot to add i am uk based (cumbria at the moment tho i am from glasgow)
phone is a samsung s3 gt i9300

Last edited:

Theshawty

Feb 13, 2011
This is better suited for the Q/A section.

Uh, if your IMEI's gone then I don't think there's anything you can do to fix it... IMEI's are personal, not universal and if it's gone and you have no backup, well..... then you're SOL I'm afraid..

turbonuts

Mar 5, 2014
ahhh ok if an admin could move it to the right thread then sorry?

what does SOL mean? am sure i seen a thread where someone could change it tho?

as i said i dont know and i wish i never attempted this now.

Theshawty

Feb 13, 2011
ahhh ok if an admin could move it to the right thread then sorry?

what does SOL mean? am sure i seen a thread where someone could change it tho?

as i said i dont know and i wish i never attempted this now.

SOL = Sh*t Out of Luck

Yeah just report it and a mod will move it buddy :good:

srv.abhishek

Aug 28, 2012
Death Star
hi there.

first of all couple weeks ago my phone went into a boot loop. went to phone shop and the guy fobbed me off because i didnt have insurance. so i went online to look for some help. discovered odin and used bootloader to get it out of loop. which wiped my imei number! now phone is useless, i have stalked forums and net for a while trying to get over this flashing new firm ware on my phone and trying to root it etc, but to be honest i try to follow guides but never seems to happen with me as something in the process is missing or not happening for me :( even with flashing the counter so i could send it to samsung( discovered i voided warranty not long after trying to DIY fix) wish i never botherd and stood my ground in phones 4 u to get them to send it away in first place!

i have gave up on me trying to do this as i dont think i have the know how to do this properly and i was wondering if theres anyone with the right knowhow here that i could send my phone to for recover the imei number so i can use it or atleast get it back to warranty worthiness as i desperately just want it working now :(

more than happy to cover the beer token fee ofcourse!

forgot to add i am uk based (cumbria at the moment tho i am from glasgow)
phone is a samsung s3 gt i9300

Which version of Android were you on when bootloop occurred and which version did you flash which led to corrupted IMEI?
What IMEI do you see now?

turbonuts

Mar 5, 2014
i have no idea mate i got the phone on contract from phones 4 u (orange) 13 months ago and i am not sure what i bootloaded it with but then flashed it with the orange firm ware from sammoblie imei number was a generic iirc one cant remember what it was but i gave it to someone local to try sort the other day and now it is 355829058952634/01 when i type *#06# but on back it should be 355829/05/895263/4 as on the back. it still comes up with the screen on front with lots of yellow text(details)

jinosong

Jan 22, 2011
Seoul
Load the correct firmware with Kies. Sometimes when you load the incorrect firmware, the IMEI goes missing. It happened to me once too. Kies can revive the IMEI if it was an incorrect firmware flash.

---------- Post added at 11:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 PM ----------

You want to find out the firmware version that was recently flashed and your phone model number which is indicated underneath the battery.

John723

Dec 26, 2013
Melbourne
This is really ridiculous that counter boy refused to have the phone back. Though you may get solution to your phone. But you should have gone to the consumer forum for such kind of thing or share this thing on social media sites as well as the issue get highlighted and this won't happen to someone else as well.