[Q] Google drive unlocked bootloader

Search This thread

eikast

Feb 22, 2012
Any trick to get the free space with an unlocked bootloader?
uploadfromtaptalk1399660954142.jpg

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

jova33

Oct 12, 2011
Houston
Darn! I just tried this too. I'm on an unlimited plan, so I activated the phone on a different line, then switched it over to my line. I wonder if that had anything to do with it.

Schedonnardus

Apr 18, 2011
is this a root problem, or bootloader? You could try to run "root cloak" app on Xposed Framework. I know that worked for people wanting to get ISIS wallet to work. It fools the app into thinking that you are not rooted.

wtoj34

Jan 28, 2012
San Antonio, TX
They typically don't need to ask for root. If you are rooted try root cloak. Have you edited your build prop or super cid?

droidkevlar

Mar 27, 2010
Just call HTC. Explain you didn't recieve the promo and they will ask u for your imei ams then email u a link to activate it. This is what I did and worked flawless. I now have 75GB.

Reactions: ReyStunner

skaforey

Nov 5, 2009
San Diego, CA
*866-449-8358‎ HTC support for those too lazy to look for the number.

They hooked it up for me.

Sent from your mom's smartphone

Raising this topic from the dead in case anyone else is in the same boat as me...

I didn't even know about this feature but recently read about it when they upgraded existing users to 100GB. I unlocked my device the day I got it so never opened the stock drive application.

I called the 888 number and they just asked for my IMEI and email address and they sent me an email. I already pay for 100GB, so they added another 100GB on top of that.

Thanks!

Reactions: RikRong

T4rd

Jun 15, 2010
Odd, I didn't have any issues getting the promotion and I unlocked/rooted (with Firewater) day 1 as well.

jova33

Oct 12, 2011
Houston
Glad it still works months later. Are y'all rooting, and then trying to get your storage space? Or what's the hiccup?

erikalin

Sep 4, 2012
Twin Cities, Mini Soda USA
No hiccup. Just to bump/confirm, I contacted HTC using their email contact form (see here http://www.htc.com/us/contact/email/), and just now got email with a link to activate my shiny new 100GB Google Drive storage good for two years. Clicked and confirmed, all good. Pleasantly surprised after I procrastinated on the initial offer of just 50GB, lol.
uploadfromtaptalk1410476171951.jpg

Sent from my U.S. Verizon HTC One M8 using Tapatalk.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Just call HTC. Explain you didn't recieve the promo and they will ask u for your imei ams then email u a link to activate it. This is what I did and worked flawless. I now have 75GB.

What's the number?

This is from Google sent me.

They can be reached through a number of methods here:http://www.htc.com/www/support/htc-one-m8/howto/465318.html*by clicking the "contact us" button in the top right.

Raising this topic from the dead in case anyone else is in the same boat as me...

I didn't even know about this feature but recently read about it when they upgraded existing users to 100GB. I unlocked my device the day I got it so never opened the stock drive application.

I called the 888 number and they just asked for my IMEI and email address and they sent me an email. I already pay for 100GB, so they added another 100GB on top of that.

Thanks!