Need Help Ugrading from wm5 to wm6.5

Search This thread

xonic211

Sep 24, 2010
Hello! Everyone,

I am desperately need some help. It's almost six months since I read about flashing custom roms and until now I can't find the courage to do it. For I don't muster enough knowledge (I think) in doing it.

I have an HTC Universal running in wm5. I want to flash it into wm 6.5. Is there some body who can forward me the suitable ROM and help me in the process of upgrading it? I really want to flash it to WM 6.5 so I can install cool looking GUI of e book reader in my device and some more eye candy stuffs.

Thanks in advance!

xonic211

Sep 24, 2010
Hello, Orb!

Hello! Orb,

It would really help me if you can point out what are the preliminary things I need to do than saying click your signature. :)

That is really what you did last time I ask about how to upgrade my Unit. Until now It gave me no confidence because I don't know where will I begin. I hope you can re consider helping me out. Thanks!

orb3000

Retired Senior Moderator
XDA App Taskforce
read, Search, Respect and Enjoy!

I can tell you that the only way you´ll get to flash is to read a lot, we all started same as you, first of all loose the fear, if you follow the instructions all will be fine.
Said that you need to read my signature link, try looking in there for:

Instruction Guide For The Htc Universal Rom Upgrading:eek:

It was not so hard, isn't´it?

Good luck,

Reactions: xonic211

xonic211

Sep 24, 2010
At least tell me the benefits of flashing ROM? Why will I flash my Device from windows mobile 5 to windows mobile 6?

Thank you so much!

xonic211

Sep 24, 2010
Hello! Orb,

I hope everything is fine at your end.

Regarding the upgrading/flashing of my device. What are the things that one could get if he/she flashed her device? In other words why would someone wants to upgrade his/her device?

What I mean by this question is, is there any reason why would a dopod 900 user like me would want to upgrade from windows mobile 5 to windows mobile 6.1? What are the things that I can do if I will upgrade?

Yes I think there would be some nice applications that can only be installed in Windows Mobile 6.1 or Windows Mobile 6.5 however, if I just install a program that would do a make over of my GUI, SPB mobile shell for instance, everything will be like the same even if it has different Versions of Windows Mobile for I am using the same alternative shell for my device as a GUI.

Any insights? or word of wisdom that could enlightened me? Thank you so much!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    read, Search, Respect and Enjoy!

I can tell you that the only way you´ll get to flash is to read a lot, we all started same as you, first of all loose the fear, if you follow the instructions all will be fine.
    Said that you need to read my signature link, try looking in there for:

Instruction Guide For The Htc Universal Rom Upgrading:eek:

It was not so hard, isn't´it?

Good luck,