Headphones w. Mic

Search This thread

memphis060

May 30, 2009
Hello guys!
I'm interested in a pair of headphones/handsfree, but I've tried a few "universal" units and either the buttons or the mic doesn't work with the RAZR HD.

Is there any way we can identify which headphones/handsfree fit on our unit?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my XT925 using Tapatalk 2

gus6464

Feb 6, 2008
San Diego
I will try out my wife's Klipsch Reference One's when I get home and next week I will have a pair of Miles Davis Trumpets to try out too so I will let you know.

kent1146

Jan 24, 2011
Is there any way we can identify which headphones/handsfree fit on our unit?

There are two specifications for implementing headset-based remote controls. One way is the way Apple implements headset controls. The other way is how everyone else in the industry implements headset controls. (sounds very "Apple-like" doesn't it?)

You can use this general rule:
If the headset says it works with the Apple iPhone, then it probably won't work for the Droid RAZR.

Quick example of this:
Klipsch Image S4: Version of headphones without headset controls.
Klipsch Image S4i: Same headphones, has headset controls that work with Apple iPhones (but not Android)
Klipsch Image S4a: Same headphones, has headset controls that work with Android.

memphis060

May 30, 2009
Thanks for the input, but I have tried samsung galaxy s hands free for example and they don't work.
:(

Sent from my XT925 using Tapatalk 2

nemesis000000

Dec 12, 2009
may be a lil late here, but i use the dre beats for my iphone on android phones all the time and the mic works...

kent1146

Jan 24, 2011
may be a lil late here, but i use the dre beats for my iphone on android phones all the time and the mic works...

Just to be clear... the headphones and mic for these kinds of heatsets will always work regardless of intended Apple / Android manufacturer. Handling audio is just pure analog electrical signals.

However, the push button controls will depend on how the smartphone manufacturer implemented the control specifications. So even though your Dr. Dre Beats for your iPhone works for your Android smartphone, I'll bet that the buttons (Fast Forward / Rewind / Skip Track / Mute / Volume Up / Volume Down) does not work for Android the way that it works for iPhone.

xlow78

Oct 19, 2012
I have been using Skullcandy ink'd with mic for over 6 months. At TjMaxx and Marshall's for $9.99. I also have Klipsch Promedia with Microphone. They both work flawlessly, but you can't go wrong with Skullcandy for the price. They sound awesome, come with lifetime warranty, and cost so little.

barrcuda70

Feb 23, 2008
I would assuming they are the mic one they will. I have a pair of skullcandy fmj's and they work just fine. Also have a pair of Skullcandy 50/50 just the track control buttons don't work but the middle button and the mic work

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Calvinx1

Jan 31, 2011
Blutooth headphones

I use de s10-hd blutooth headphones handsfree, its great, controls work and handsfree sounds great besides its rain resistant! at least a light one.
Im very happy with it

saloums7

Jul 19, 2012
Montreal
I have Klipsch X7i both the mic and the Play/Pause button work fine. Only volume buttons don't work.
Same with my SOL Republic Tracks HD, mic & play/pause works but not volume

Sent from my XT925 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: MickyMax

MickyMax

Nov 13, 2007
Someone tested:

- Philips SHE 8005
- Jays a-Jays One+

Thanks for your feedback :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have Klipsch X7i both the mic and the Play/Pause button work fine. Only volume buttons don't work.
    Same with my SOL Republic Tracks HD, mic & play/pause works but not volume

Sent from my XT925 using xda app-developers app