Official Jelly Bean on AT&T note

Search This thread

_INSPIREed

First, what is hotspot called because I dont see it listed in my applications list (I looked for mobile hotspot and hotspot, I even scrolled through looking at each individual app).

Performance is fine with exception to one thing, there is a rather lengthy delay from when I tap something on the screen to when something actually happens. Scrolling and animations are fine, no stutter that I can see.

But for example, when I just hit the home button, there is a quarter second delay before anything happens. When I open the app drawer, same delay. Opening an app, same delay. Tapping a widget that opens an app, same delay.

This is partly due to the 'power saving' option I have enabled in settings. Disabling it shortens this delay significantly, but not completely.

I dont remember what it was called. If I remember correctly (which I could be mistaken), it was in the system/app folder when I was browsing with ES file explorer. I just saw the Icon that corresponded to what the hotspot icon looked like, and then deleted it.

As for the delay I know what you are talking about, but I dont think I have it as severely as you are describing. The only time I get a significant delay is opening up an intensive app, like my gallery since I have nearly a thousand photos, and maybe my phone and messaging app since I have a lot of contacts and text messages. But definitely the power saving option is hindering you, you can try unticking "CPU power saving" under the power saving mode options.

Anthony820

Jan 3, 2012
Greensboro
Am I the only one that has entirely no interest at all in multi-windows and thinks it's a completely useless feature that Samsung only created because it looks good on marketing and 15 year olds will swear they need it?

Reactions: rquiett

bowserm

Jun 13, 2011
Halifax
The only lag I have is on the lock screen. I just updated today to official 4.1.2 after playing with it, I should have just stayed with cm10.1. It is more polished with more options, and reacts better.

If I didn't have to request another activation code for my work email, I would go back to the CM10.1

Anthony820

Jan 3, 2012
Greensboro
Im curious to know why you dont like it?

I don't dislike it. I'm just apathetic on it. The amount of times I've needed to see two windows at once on my phone can be counted on one hand. Even on a PC I barely require visibility of two windows at the same time. Usually, as someone else mentioned, when copying some sort of information by hand. Looking at a Youtube video while reading my email is simply not possible. My eyes can't do that. No one's can.

jimmbomb

May 22, 2010
St Louis
I

As for the delay I know what you are talking about, but I dont think I have it as severely as you are describing. The only time I get a significant delay is opening up an intensive app, like my gallery since I have nearly a thousand photos, and maybe my phone and messaging app since I have a lot of contacts and text messages. But definitely the power saving option is hindering you, you can try unticking "CPU power saving" under the power saving mode options.

Awesome! That did the trick! Thank you.....

ZacksBuilds

Dec 9, 2012
I don't dislike it. I'm just apathetic on it. The amount of times I've needed to see two windows at once on my phone can be counted on one hand. Even on a PC I barely require visibility of two windows at the same time. Usually, as someone else mentioned, when copying some sort of information by hand. Looking at a Youtube video while reading my email is simply not possible. My eyes can't do that. No one's can.

I'm a multitasker so people like me will be benefit greatly from it. I would love to watch YouTube and text. Also why the hate for teens?:D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app

lanwarrior

Mar 5, 2006

I don't use Power Savings - it's off. Does it matter that the CPU option is ticked?

_INSPIREed

I can see your point, but I agree with Ltilt. Im a huge multitasker, even if its leisurely multitasking. I would love to be able to play spades and skype at the same time. Or have google currents AND flipboard open. the combinations are endless

Jun 17, 2012
Fort Bragg
I updated over the weekend, the phone lags a bit now, but more important to me is the loss of the eraser function on my pens. I use an old tablet PC pen as well as an eraser equipped S-pen. The eraser worked on ICS, but does not currently work on JB. Does anyone know why or have a fix for this?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    here is the modem from the att ota 4.1.2
    UCMD3 4.1.2 - HERE

do backup, flash in recovery, wipe cache/dalvik, reboot
    Now I have cleaned this up. If you want to know what happened then ask him yourself. Dont sit here and think you know when you have no Idea.
    He's EVERYTHING to do with xda. Xda is nothing without devs or the fanbase. This IS where you come to get roms, mods and more. I love this site and frequent it daily.

Look I am not gonna try and tell you how wrong this statement is. The users here are the reason for the way he is. Now I will leave this here and advise people to read this link and take it very much to heart.

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=16682226&postcount=2441

I dont want to hear anymore about him on this. Subject closed.
    Is this the SAME rooting method as pre-JB, which was posted months ago?

If not, can you post the necessary files? I.e. TWRP, SuperSU.

Yes. Same exact method.

Download the Odin Method herE:
    http://www.teamw.in/project/twrp2/96

Flash via Odin. Then download SuperSU.

Located here:
    http://download.chainfire.eu/204

Then reboot to recovery, flash the zip and all done.

As far as multi-view goes. I havent tried yet. I got it via the Gallery. But I have not tried it anywhere else. Then again I am also settings my device up like it was brand new and cant be arsed to worry about Multi-View when I was figuring out Root. :silly:
    Maybe you missed that this is a developers site. Not a fan based site. Not to mention this dev has nothing to do with XDA.

What ever his reasons are for being the way he is frankly is non of your business.

Wayne Tech Nexus