Sony Ericsson MW600

Search This thread

NazAbdm

Mar 28, 2010
This works fine for me using hte standard HTC music player, Do you pair the device to your phone as does it display as being paired on phone and device?
you should here the beeps in your headphones when someone is trying to call.
When they do call it sounds as if htey can hear you but you cannnot hear them, are you sure your using the device mic or the phone mic?
It sounds to me your device is not paired correctly or you have connected device to the phone.

yes, it does display as being paired on phone and device and I have no problems with listening to music...

when somebody calls - he/she can hear me, but I can not hear, I tried to increase volume to max and in this case I heard a very very low voice of the caller...

and when I call back - I have no issues, mw600 works fine

A|ex

Oct 8, 2008
Hong Kong
yes, it does display as being paired on phone and device and I have no problems with listening to music...

when somebody calls - he/she can hear me, but I can not hear, I tried to increase volume to max and in this case I heard a very very low voice of the caller...

and when I call back - I have no issues, mw600 works fine

Have you tried to delete the pair on your device and then repair? do you have any other apps running in the background?

gio300zx

Feb 15, 2008
London
i juz got the MW600 today from mobilecityonline, but i got a few problems...
1) how can i pair MW600 with windows 7?? it keep sayin driver not found...
Some with Vista Pro. My MW600 works fine with my Touch HD but missing driver issue with the PC. I know the PC is fine with A2DP drivers because it works fine with Dell stereo bluetooth headset. Called Sony helpline, useless, blamed the PC. Still waiting for email support. Still waiting for Mobile Fun (supplier) to find fix. Surprised at how bad Sony tech help is - very disappointing. Shame really as the MW600 does exactly what I would like - at least in the advertising, not in real life. :(

A|ex

Oct 8, 2008
Hong Kong
Some with Vista Pro. My MW600 works fine with my Touch HD but missing driver issue with the PC. I know the PC is fine with A2DP drivers because it works fine with Dell stereo bluetooth headset. Called Sony helpline, useless, blamed the PC. Still waiting for email support. Still waiting for Mobile Fun (supplier) to find fix. Surprised at how bad Sony tech help is - very disappointing. Shame really as the MW600 does exactly what I would like - at least in the advertising, not in real life. :(

This device comes saying that it will support A2DP and AVRCP profiles. Windows OS do not come with the A2DP driver at all so this device audio will not work correctly. http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SOB1D830 is the link to the version 6.2.0.9700 driver for windows vista/7 32 and 64bit. You need this driver to stream and use the headphones with audio, if you do not have this driver you can pair but cannot use audio. The previous version 6 drivers are not that good with streaming audio.
This is the reason why the device will not display track info as the OS do not support (have the audio driver), sony phones or any other phones with the bluetooth driver will support it.

Sony - are helpful but you are wanting them to support your OS which is not their job, they support the device only.

mobilefun - again not their job to support the device, their is no mention of pc support on the packaging or on their site. Their tech support may support you but asking them to help with pc support is not their job as they can provide technical aid on the device.

flitjes

Apr 14, 2010
With most headphones, that's correct. With the Sony Ericsson MW600, yes and no. Yes because there is no headphone cable to act as aerial for your HTC but No because the MW600 have FM radio built-in!

This is great I've ordered the MW600 :D can't wait till I get it.

Does this mean you could listen to the FM radio also without connecting the phone?

flitjes

Apr 14, 2010
It works like a charm, only thing i can't see the current song playing but nevertheless it's a great thing :D

shinakpas

Sep 27, 2008
I have problems between MW600 and win7 too. With my SE X1 work flawless, Sound is
good, much good than most headsets on the market, has a nice look, battery life ok,worth the money. I am happy with it!

flitjes

Apr 14, 2010
I have problems between MW600 and win7 too. With my SE X1 work flawless, Sound is
good, much good than most headsets on the market, has a nice look, battery life ok,worth the money. I am happy with it!

I got no problems with windows 7 got the 64 bit and using a external usb bluetooth dongle

shinakpas

Sep 27, 2008
I got no problems with windows 7 got the 64 bit and using a external usb bluetooth dongle

how so? I tried the mw600 on a Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit with msi dongle and Home Premium 32 bit on laptop and finds no driver for ''Bluetooth Peripheral Device'', on both of them. I updated all drivers and still not working so far... :confused: still looking for a solution

EroThraX

Mar 25, 2010
I'm not familial with how much battery power pairing to one of these bluetooth headsets would use.

Would be great if some people with this or something similar could tell me how much pairing to this headset by bluetooth and listening to music reduces your battery life by usually.

Tiger33

Nov 8, 2008
I'm not familial with how much battery power pairing to one of these bluetooth headsets would use.

Would be great if some people with this or something similar could tell me how much pairing to this headset by bluetooth and listening to music reduces your battery life by usually.

Great
I'm also wondering the same thing - been loolking at getting the MW600

I listen to about 2 hours worth of music a day (on my travels)

Laban

Aug 25, 2007
There are a lot of reviews for this product when it comes to playing music. Can someone write a few words on how it works during phone calls? Is the quality good?

I have an old (3 years) headset that has from time to time really bad reception with bad quality for both me and the person I speak to, so I'd like to avoid that when getting a new headset.

A|ex

Oct 8, 2008
Hong Kong
There are a lot of reviews for this product when it comes to playing music. Can someone write a few words on how it works during phone calls? Is the quality good?

I have an old (3 years) headset that has from time to time really bad reception with bad quality for both me and the person I speak to, so I'd like to avoid that when getting a new headset.

From what i can tell when i have used it the sound quality is good (but i do not use the default headphones, i am using CX500) the microphone seems really good. I have not used it in a busy room but i use mine whenever i am out on my bike. The other person said the quality is good and could hear me over the traffic etc.

The battery life is amazing and had no issues with the pairing. The only thing that does annoy is the volume control as i wear gloves when i cycle so its a pain trying to adjust compared to buttons but i can click answer call fine with gloves. I need to take them off for the volume.

Today I went down to mobilecityonline located in Canal street and purchased the Sony Ericsson MW600 bluetooth stereo headset for use with my EVO 4G.

At the moment it is charging [at least 8hrs], but I wanted to know if anyone it using this particular device?
Once I get it up and running, I will let you guys know how compatible it is with the EVO. Hopefully all the functions will work and I don't have to return it.

wingnutLP

Dec 22, 2006
Today
At the moment it is charging [at least 8hrs], but I wanted to know if anyone it using this particular device?
Once I get it up and running, I will let you guys know how compatible it is with the EVO.

I am also using it with win 7 64 without any problem, I bought it for 40 $ from sony world.

how so? I tried the mw600 on a Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit with msi dongle and Home Premium 32 bit on laptop and finds no driver for ''Bluetooth Peripheral Device'', on both of them. I updated all drivers and still not working so far... :confused: still looking for a solution

This is an HTC Desire section of the forum. If you are having issues or even reporting a lack of issues using the WM600 with devices other then the desire than this is not the place to post...

Top Liked Posts