How to charge battery without phone?

Search This thread

cyberbozzo

Oct 8, 2009
Hi,

Does anyone know how I can charge the battery without the phone?
I tried to connect a USB cable (red & black wires) tot the + and - of the battery (correct polarity, I checked on the internet).

But that doesn't make sense, battery isn't charged after several hours.

Does any1 know how I can do this?

Thx very much!
Pieter

demkantor

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 10, 2011
mpls
not sure if it safe/possible to it any other way then in the phone or a charger ment for it. there are universal ones and ones specific to the g2/dz that charge the batter without the phone. if you were do get it charging another way you may overcharge it, granted I believe the oem batteries should have a function to stop the charge @ a certain point but why taje the chance?

Sent from my HTC Vision using xda premium

mr.pnutt

Nov 13, 2010
FunkyTown, TX
If you can afford to check on amazom.com. I bought an universal external wall charger from them and it came with 2 batteries as well. uploadfromtaptalk1344215386732.jpg. I'll try later to post the link with the image but I can honestly say I always have a fully charged battery.

Sent from the Relight District.

cyberbozzo

Oct 8, 2009
Why not just get a charger from eBay or Amazon? Doing it your way, even if it sort of works, may do serious damage to the battery. And the last thing you want to do its smoke a lithium ion battery.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk 2

Thx 4 your help.
I will explain why I'm asking this question:
the USB port of my Desire Z is broken.

I have ordered a completely new motherboard to fix this issue.
The board will be send to my homecountry from Hong Kong.

They will send it this week.
Until then, I have no Desire Z because the battery is empty and I can't charge anymore... :(

kbeezie

Feb 23, 2010
Grand Rapids, Mi
karlblessing.com
I can't remember the brand, but over at Staples there are these 7$ USB adapters for just bout any kind of battery , you just move the prongs to the contacts on the battery and slip it into a USB port (but given how our batteries have the contacts on the bottom instead of on the wide surface that may be difficult).

But yea I would say using an actual charger would be your best bet.

KyraOfFire

Feb 23, 2012
Champaign
Hi,

Does anyone know how I can charge the battery without the phone?
I tried to connect a USB cable (red & black wires) tot the + and - of the battery (correct polarity, I checked on the internet).

But that doesn't make sense, battery isn't charged after several hours.

Does any1 know how I can do this?

Thx very much!
Pieter

http://www.amazon.com/Battery-Charg...367131&sr=8-1&keywords=htc+g2+battery+charger
here you go, something like this.

Top Liked Posts