Recommended Mail App

Search This thread

HeyYoWL

Sep 12, 2012
Hey all I've been on Android for a little under a year now and if there's one thing I don't like, it's been the e-mail experience. I can't find any mail app outside of the ridiculously priced Maildroid Pro that has what I'm looking for (and I don't even think what I'm looking for is unreasonable!).

Here's what I'm looking for in a mail app:

- Non-ugly icon (I'm looking at you K-9)
- Clean interface
- Support for both Hotmail and GMail with no issues and push notification (Evomail)
- Loads all images in e-mails by default, or at least with the option to turn this feature on (a lot of apps don't)
- Has an informative widget that displays the subject and brief bit of the body in it (SolMail has a useless widget that displays too little info and Evomail has NO widget unbelievably)

I'd be perfectly happy with the default Mail and GMail app (either or) on my Nexus 4 if it wasn't for the fact that neither of them display images automatically, and I have to click on "show all images" all the time. It's annoying. I'm not sure why all this is so difficult, especially when I had no problems with e-mail when I was on iOS. Is there anything anyone can recommend?

Last edited:

evil_arri

Aug 27, 2013
Temuco
Hey all I've been on Android for a little under a year now and if there's one thing I don't like, it's been the e-mail experience. I can't find any mail app outside of the ridiculously priced Maildroid Pro that has what I'm looking for (and I don't even think what I'm looking for is unreasonable!).

Here's what I'm looking for in a mail app:

- Non-ugly icon (I'm looking at you K-9)
- Clean interface
- Support for both Hotmail and GMail with no issues and push notification (Evomail)
- Loads all images in e-mails by default, or at least with the option to turn this feature on (a lot of apps don't)
- Has an informative widget that displays the subject and brief bit of the body in it (SolMail has a useless widget that displays too little info and Evomail has NO widget unbelievably)

I'd be perfectly happy with the default Mail and GMail app (either or) on my Nexus 4 if it wasn't for the fact that neither of them display images automatically, and I have to click on "show all images" all the time. It's annoying. I'm not sure why all this is so difficult, especially when I had no problems with e-mail when I was on iOS. Is there anything anyone can recommend?

Last Gmail update now display images, and in case there is a problem, there is an option under config to display always images :good:

armageddon6

Oct 4, 2012
It seemed so, until I noticed that my Hotmail doesn't get pushed properly. I need both. Or am I not choosing certain settings correctly?

I am not having issues with my hotmail getting pushed.... It might be something to do with the settings being used.I am using pop3.live.com on port 995.

Don't know if this will help. I think I also had to make a change in the hotmail settings also but can't remember where that was sorry.

HeyYoWL

Sep 12, 2012
I am not having issues with my hotmail getting pushed.... It might be something to do with the settings being used.I am using pop3.live.com on port 995.

Don't know if this will help. I think I also had to make a change in the hotmail settings also but can't remember where that was sorry.

When I changed the IMAP server settings to read pop3.live.com, and port 995, it couldn't connect to the server?

solmail

Jan 15, 2014
SolMail widget improvement idea?

Hi, as a SolMail Team, we want to improve the widget for you~ So, what's your opinion of perfect size of widget (with subject and brief bit of the body)? 1x1 or 4x2 is a little bit small, isn't it? Thanks for your opinion!

HeyYoWL

Sep 12, 2012
Hi, as a SolMail Team, we want to improve the widget for you~ So, what's your opinion of perfect size of widget (with subject and brief bit of the body)? 1x1 or 4x2 is a little bit small, isn't it? Thanks for your opinion!

The default Mail and GMail app's style of widget is all I need. Subject, brief lines of body, done. The lines of the body should be changeable by the user. I actually use 5 rows of icons with Nova Launcher and would prefer 5x4, but as long as it's resizable just like the stock app I'm fine with it.

Last edited:
Reactions: solmail

solmail

Jan 15, 2014
The default Mail and GMail app's style of widget is all I need. Subject, brief lines of body, done. The lines of the body should be changeable by the user. I actually use 5 rows of icons with Nova Launcher and would prefer 5x4, but as long as it's resizable just like the stock app I'm fine with it.

oops, sorry for late update.
We added resizable and scrollable widget on SolMail.(actually it's 2.0 update on May). It can be extended to the tablet size!
Thank you for your valuable suggestion.

Geotig

Apr 2, 2011
I'm using Cloudmagic now, so far I have liked it. The only downside for you could be that the widget is quite simplistic. Anyway for me it works because I usually use the notification area to peek at new mails.

Oh and is really beautiful.

Enviado desde mi OWN S3010 mediante Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.