Play Store wont connect

Search This thread

wase4711

May 9, 2010
Outside of Phoenix, AZ
We've all had issues with the play store over the years, but this one has me stumped.
Rooted phone, but that's all

everything was fine for almost a month, but a few days ago, i noticed I was no longer able to connect to the play store.
I did all the "normal" things, cleared caches/data from play store, google framework, uninstalled my gmail account and re-installed it, downgraded play store, upgraded play store, tried the hosts file trick, even did a factory reset, and still no play store connection.
Even called Tmobile tech support, and got to the tier 2 folks, and they couldn't get it to work either, so they are sending a new phone tuesday.
Until then, I want to keep on trying to get this to work; I haven't unrooted with Supersu yet, figuring that rooting had nothing to do with this, since it worked fine for a month, rooted, but does anyone else have any suggestions?
Its weird; when I open the play store app, and type something into the search box, it will actually take me to the page where that app is, but when I try to download/install it, I get the dreaded error 927; when I back out, and just try to open the play store app, It doesnt connect at all.
When I try to send files to my phone from my computer, it shows "my apps", but when I try to send them to my phone, I get an error on my phone saying "failed to install" app..

Any thing else I might have not tried with this?

Thanks!

imarq

Jan 3, 2010
Chattanooga
You dont have any battery saver apps going do you...because sometimes they can mess with network settings. Also that error 927 is a network error so you may want to start sniffing around your network settings. I have the tmobile flex so let me know if you need any settings.

Sent from my LG-D959 using Tapatalk

Reactions: wase4711

wase4711

May 9, 2010
Outside of Phoenix, AZ
no, no battery saver apps running, and I went through a couple of complete factory resets on my own, and with tier 2 from TMobile, plus they re-provisioned my phone, and even that didn't help.

Whats so weird is that when I type an app name in the search bar in the play store app, it takes me to the page where that app, and others like it get listed.

If I click on one of the app, it takes me to the download page of that app, and once I click on "Install", the progress bar starts, and it looks like its going to download/install, but then it throws the dreaded error 927 flag.

Trust me, I've been modding phones for many many years, and this play store stuff has happened to me before, but never this stubborn as to make me have to replace the phone.

imarq

Jan 3, 2010
Chattanooga
Yeah that is weird. Well if you do figure it out post the solution. I would love to put the solution in the memory bank just in case.

---------- Post added at 02:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:53 PM ----------

Hey just thought of something....have you tried making a new gmail acct to see if that one will work? Another idea is changing your gmail password. Give those a try and see what happens.

wase4711

May 9, 2010
Outside of Phoenix, AZ
Yeah that is weird. Well if you do figure it out post the solution. I would love to put the solution in the memory bank just in case.

---------- Post added at 02:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:53 PM ----------

Hey just thought of something....have you tried making a new gmail acct to see if that one will work? Another idea is changing your gmail password. Give those a try and see what happens.

Changed my password, and it didnt work..I'll try the new gmail account and see if that helps..

wase4711

May 9, 2010
Outside of Phoenix, AZ
your idea of creating a new gmail account works!
Only problem of course is all the things I have purchased originally through the play store wont be accessible to me under a different identity..
Can you "combine" identities on the play store, or add others to your account so you can share stuff?

Thanks for the suggestion about creating a new identity! :good:

I'm still gonna try the replacement phone that t-mobile is sending, to see if that one works normally..

imarq

Jan 3, 2010
Chattanooga
I'm glad it worked for you. I don't think you can share apps... Although that would be awesome!!

brittoking

Apr 12, 2008
Only problem of course is all the things I have purchased originally through the play store wont be accessible to me under a different identity..
Can you "combine" identities on the play store, or add others to your account so you can share stuff?

I'm still gonna try the replacement phone that t-mobile is sending, to see if that one works normally..

You can share apps in the sense that when you open up the playstore you can choose which account to use in settings and then download all your apps. I do that for all my daughters androids. Log
both in turn everything off from my Gmail account so that she doesn't get my email etcetera, and then log into the playstore using my Gmail when she needs paid apps and so on.
EDIT: Right after I posted this I rethought the idea and realized that may not work for you because your whole problem is that YOUR Gmail acct is the one acting up throwing the 927 error

Sent from my LG-D950 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

wase4711

May 9, 2010
Outside of Phoenix, AZ
You can share apps in the sense that when you open up the playstore you can choose which account to use in settings and then download all your apps. I do that for all my daughters androids. Log
both in turn everything off from my Gmail account so that she doesn't get my email etcetera, and then log into the playstore using my Gmail when she needs paid apps and so on.
EDIT: Right after I posted this I rethought the idea and realized that may not work for you because your whole problem is that YOUR Gmail acct is the one acting up throwing the 927 error

you are correct....I did try your suggestion, and it actually let me download one of my apps, but, after that one is was back to 927...

wase4711

May 9, 2010
Outside of Phoenix, AZ
Not the answer you want, but wipe these internal sd. I've had this before and that was the only fix

yep, I think I did the same thing in my Samsung Days..was so easy to wipe and restore...seems like a long time ago...

Fortunately, T-Mobile is sending a replacement phone today, so I dont have to deal with that..
If we had a custom recovery, it would be a non issue.....soon, hopefully!

wase4711

May 9, 2010
Outside of Phoenix, AZ
just an FYI...

A new phone did NOT fix this; the only thing that works, is setting up a new gmail account, and using that to get apps in the play store..

There has to be a way to fix this; I wasn't happy re-buying all my paid apps again...

kintwofan

Jul 1, 2011
Irmo, SC
OnePlus 7T
Sony Xperia 1 III
just an FYI...

A new phone did NOT fix this; the only thing that works, is setting up a new gmail account, and using that to get apps in the play store..

There has to be a way to fix this; I wasn't happy re-buying all my paid apps again...

Get in touch with google customer service. This is obviously a problem in their end

wase4711

May 9, 2010
Outside of Phoenix, AZ
thanks man, i didnt know/think they had actual customer service, but I just spent 30 minutes on the phone with them, and they are escalating the issue to their top tier dept.
I appreciate the suggestion! :good:

stuckmoto

Mar 17, 2012
Delaware
thanks man, i didnt know/think they had actual customer service, but I just spent 30 minutes on the phone with them, and they are escalating the issue to their top tier dept.
I appreciate the suggestion! :good:

Wase, thanks for documenting your story. I'm considering the flex so I poke my nose into the threads. Just not sure I want to leave my note2. Please let us know what Google does for you.

sent from my NOTE 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You dont have any battery saver apps going do you...because sometimes they can mess with network settings. Also that error 927 is a network error so you may want to start sniffing around your network settings. I have the tmobile flex so let me know if you need any settings.

yes, multiple times..

Not the answer you want, but wipe these internal sd. I've had this before and that was the only fix

just an FYI...

Get in touch with google customer service. This is obviously a problem in their end