Need help with Stock NC4

Search This thread

computerguydd

Oct 22, 2009
NC
I have looked through these threads over and over but i just cant find this. I received a replacement phone over a week ago and since then i have not been able to get a custom rom to installed. Can someone help?

Here are the steps I have tried:
TowelRoot to get root
Safestrap Installed
Removed Knox with SuperSu
Rebooted to Safestrap
backup Stock Rom
Full Wipe and tried installing Custom KK NC2/NC4 Rom
After Samsung BootScreen i just get a black screen nothing else ever.
Then i tried after i restored my backup from SafeStrap by flashing NC2 Modem before i did the custom ROM and still Nothing.

computerguydd

Oct 22, 2009
NC
I think you need to install busy box and the NC2 kernel. Follow the steps 1-10 in this thread...and use Jasmine ROM.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2760380[/QUOTE

i did have busybox installed before i installing safestrap. The thing i was getting messed up on was that I knew being on a Ret Locked Bootloader Device didnt think we could install Kernels. and since i didnt see Kernels in the Modem/Firmware/Tar collection Thread I thought when mentioned to install the NC2 Kernal they were referring to NC2 modem.(i know that modem wouldnt stop a boot since it is just for radio signals but i guess im tired from to much work). But i did a search for NC2 Kernal and found it and now I am up and running. I didnt do Jasmine Rom but Im up.

Feels good to be back on custom roms. Can not stand Stock on Samsung. I just need to bite the bullet and get a Dev so i can get AOSP/k.

Thanks for pushing me in the right directions.

kevace1

Mar 22, 2009
New York City
I think you need to install busy box and the NC2 kernel. Follow the steps 1-10 in this thread...and use Jasmine ROM.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2760380[/QUOTE

i did have busybox installed before i installing safestrap. The thing i was getting messed up on was that I knew being on a Ret Locked Bootloader Device didnt think we could install Kernels. and since i didnt see Kernels in the Modem/Firmware/Tar collection Thread I thought when mentioned to install the NC2 Kernal they were referring to NC2 modem.(i know that modem wouldnt stop a boot since it is just for radio signals but i guess im tired from to much work). But i did a search for NC2 Kernal and found it and now I am up and running. I didnt do Jasmine Rom but Im up.

Feels good to be back on custom roms. Can not stand Stock on Samsung. I just need to bite the bullet and get a Dev so i can get AOSP/k.

Thanks for pushing me in the right directions.

so you did not use the unified tar that the post included? can you tell me where you got the nc2 modem? im currently in y our same state, i did all the steps for towelroot, SU, busybox, and safestrap, all is there and working, but when i make a rom slot and a install a rom in that slot the phone just boots and stays black.....i installed the alliance BTW, and its a no go.

i just want to do this cause i cant seem to get my vz note 3 to pick up T-mobile signal. i traded my iphone 5s for this and made $80 and now im stuck.....i though the note would work off the bat like the iphone did, which was verizon as well, my phone is on the latest 4.4.2 nc4 build......im just really lost caus nothing of what the posts mention to do work on my phone.....it just wont pick up signal....:crying:

damastah

Jun 29, 2009
Desert Hot Springs
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2760380

Thank you so much!!!! i WAS GOING CRAZY, thought I had lost my touch....

---------- Post added at 09:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 AM ----------

so you did not use the unified tar that the post included? can you tell me where you got the nc2 modem? im currently in y our same state, i did all the steps for towelroot, SU, busybox, and safestrap, all is there and working, but when i make a rom slot and a install a rom in that slot the phone just boots and stays black.....i installed the alliance BTW, and its a no go.

i just want to do this cause i cant seem to get my vz note 3 to pick up T-mobile signal. i traded my iphone 5s for this and made $80 and now im stuck.....i though the note would work off the bat like the iphone did, which was verizon as well, my phone is on the latest 4.4.2 nc4 build......im just really lost caus nothing of what the posts mention to do work on my phone.....it just wont pick up signal....:crying:

I'm about to install this. http://galaxynote3root.com/verizon-...to-install-custom-roms-on-verizon-note-3-nc4/

Top Liked Posts