[Q] BST Dongle for Samsung and most Android devices

Search This thread

clouds73

Apr 29, 2012
Dubai
Hi,
Some of you might remember me asking in the forum to solve the IMEI problem on a Galaxy S3 NOT REGISTERED ON NETWORK.
I was not able to solve the problem even though I tired the impossible.
I came across a YouTube video repairing IMEI using a software and a piece of software and I was very impressed what this tool can do!!
So, I decided to buy it which had cost me 100$, but even though if it didn't help me solve my problem, I will most certainly need it in the future for ton of things.
It's called BST Dongle.
Now, I saw some videos on YouTube but I can’t see how do you connect the UART r523k
I have that cable and I connect it to that piece of hardware which has 4 ports.
1 port service cable and 1 port USB OUT (I put the UART R523K there and I connected the other end to my phone)
1 port USB IN 1 PORT USB OUT, What do I put there?!!
Please I need help.

dovid

Apr 26, 2006
UART Cable

Hi,
Some of you might remember me asking in the forum to solve the IMEI problem on a Galaxy S3 NOT REGISTERED ON NETWORK.
I was not able to solve the problem even though I tired the impossible.
I came across a YouTube video repairing IMEI using a software and a piece of software and I was very impressed what this tool can do!!
So, I decided to buy it which had cost me 100$, but even though if it didn't help me solve my problem, I will most certainly need it in the future for ton of things.
It's called BST Dongle.
Now, I saw some videos on YouTube but I can’t see how do you connect the UART r523k
I have that cable and I connect it to that piece of hardware which has 4 ports.
1 port service cable and 1 port USB OUT (I put the UART R523K there and I connected the other end to my phone)
1 port USB IN 1 PORT USB OUT, What do I put there?!!
Please I need help.

Did you ever figure it out? I need help, too!

Thank you,

clouds73

Apr 29, 2012
Dubai
Did you ever figure it out? I need help, too!

Thank you,
Yes I did.
I ended up buying the software and hardware for 100$ or something. I figured out that me and my family we all use the Samsung phones, so in the future I can fix almost any problem and that tool supports Samsung and HTC, so I took it as an investment :)
I was able to fix the IMEI thing in less then a minute.

Last edited:

dovid

Apr 26, 2006
B"H

Hi, would you be kind enough to share? I have the BST kit, but just like you, I cannot figure out how to use the UART cable. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

clouds73

Apr 29, 2012
Dubai
B"H

Hi, would you be kind enough to share? I have the BST kit, but just like you, I cannot figure out how to use the UART cable. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

It's very simple. If you want I can fix ur phone using the kit remotely using teamviewer or something. If you agree, send me in a PM ur email address and we will talk. But there's one thing is missing in that kit and it's the USB A-B cable which you have to buy (it's very cheap).
It's the same cable used for the printer, so maybe you can borrow it from there!
9663428_sa.jpg

Get the cable first and then contact me.

dovid

Apr 26, 2006
B"H

Thank you. Already have that cable (like you said, from the printer). But, my computer is not recognizing the phone via BST. I insert the UART 523 cables into the box/microUSB into the phone, and then the printer cable into the computer.

I hear a beep, but when the software asks me to "connect to device", the dialog box pops open, and then I select a com-port, which always ends up with an error message.

Also, on BST website, they state not the Android 4.4.2 requires some soldering of the box to work.

Are you familiar with this?

http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f891/attention-uart-4-4-2-needs-soldering-1830484/

Thank you,

clouds73

Apr 29, 2012
Dubai
B"H

Thank you. Already have that cable (like you said, from the printer). But, my computer is not recognizing the phone via BST. I insert the UART 523 cables into the box/microUSB into the phone, and then the printer cable into the computer.

I hear a beep, but when the software asks me to "connect to device", the dialog box pops open, and then I select a com-port, which always ends up with an error message.

Also, on BST website, they state not the Android 4.4.2 requires some soldering of the box to work.

Are you familiar with this?

http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f891/attention-uart-4-4-2-needs-soldering-1830484/

Thank you,
Give me few minutes, I'm coming home now!

clouds73

Apr 29, 2012
Dubai
Give me few minutes, I'm coming home now!
I'm not familiar with that at all and never knew that there're things that must be fixed with a solder! I hope this is not ur case.
Well, there is a driver called PL2303_Prolific_DriverInstaller_v1.8.0, you will find it in the drivers folder where you installed BST.
It looks like this:
wc0gg8.png

Put ur phone a side for now, close the BST software and open it again, hook the usb side of the A-B Cable to ur computer and the other side to the UART and run that driver. then it will be able to recognize ur phone. It also should have a blue light on it if I recall.
U should make sure you have the latest version of BST which is : BST_V3.18.00_Setup
I hope this helps.

Last edited:

aago1254

Jul 6, 2009
nope

i have tried everything im unsure what to do. i have tried 2 different phones and i am still stuck. not sure what else i can do here.

spannernick

Feb 7, 2010
London
It only works of Windows 7 BTW,it will not work with 10,all the videos I have seen is on Windows 7.Just in case anyone is looking for why it might be not working on Windows 10.

Just wanting for mine to arrive,need to fix my Note 2 it has 0049** IMEI this should sort it. and handy If I need to fix anyone else phone(only HTC and Samsung).