iNsAnEmOd

Jan 12, 2012
Lansing,MI
Got this From Our Friends Over At Droidmodderx
First Post.

1. Download .902 FXZ zip and extract to desktop here
2. Install the Motorola Mobile Drivers here
3. Install RSD Lite 5.6. here.
4. Make sure your Motorola Droid Bionic is powered on and backed up.
5. Plug your Motorola Droid Bionic into a back USB port on your computer.
6. Open the zip and copy EVERYTHING inside to the desktop(inside the zip there is a folder, you can either put the folder on the desktop it Everything inside it your choice)
7. Run “RSD Lite” on your computer
8. Press the “. . .” button next to the box labeled “Filename”
9. Browse and open the FXZ file
10. Wait for the program to read the file, then choose “Uncompress And Start Flashing”
11. Now, the device will slowly flash the FXZ file.
12. When flashing completes, the device will reboot into recovery and install the two radio images.
13. Congratulations! You’ve restored your Motorola Droid Bionic.

downside..... wipes INTERNAL Sdcard
So save the stuff you want to keep on your PC

Last edited:

cellzealot

Jan 4, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
Did you not realize that this was released here by daywalker04 first and that everyone else got it here? Just saying...give credit where due and understand how and where valuable files like the full xml.zips come from. ;)

Reactions: 1KDS

iNsAnEmOd

Jan 12, 2012
Lansing,MI
Did you not realize that this was released here by daywalker04 first and that everyone else got it here? Just saying...give credit where due and understand how and where valuable files like the full xml.zips come from. ;)

Well...(sarcastically) as you can see I don't have a problem giving due credit. I assumed that the people at Droidmodderx released this first. If I knew daywalker04 released this first I would have initially gave him credit.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Reactions: Shesakillatwo

Pixelation

Jan 14, 2012
Jersey
Well...(sarcastically) as you can see I don't have a problem giving due credit. I assumed that the people at Droidmodderx released this first. If I knew daywalker04 released this first I would have initially gave him credit.

Not to mention, the search function shows devices that are not even close... Great post, thank you for the refresh

:) SMILE :) It's Not Illegal Yet :)

idivorceyou

Mar 24, 2011
get to .902 stock from what?

is this from anything?
I am at 901 rooted. with Ecliplse 2.1. (nice!)
If as and when I want to get to 902 stock, unrooted, I use this FXZ, right?

theoretically, wherever you are, rooted, unrooted, from 886 all the way up, this FXZ process will bring you to stock 902?

thanks

iNsAnEmOd

Jan 12, 2012
Lansing,MI
is this from anything?
I am at 901 rooted. with Ecliplse 2.1. (nice!)
If as and when I want to get to 902 stock, unrooted, I use this FXZ, right?

theoretically, wherever you are, rooted, unrooted, from 886 all the way up, this FXZ process will bring you to stock 902?

thanks

good question i'll try it out

Yep i just went to stock 5.8.886 and then used this FXZ and now I'm on .902.!!! Super Easy!! No CDT Failure or any thing. I didnt even have to flash those updates!!

Last edited:

infolookup

Dec 27, 2011
Very nice I will try this now, I am currently on Eclipse V2.0 and looking to update to either 2.1 or ICS so this will be a good start.

fox_dye

May 6, 2010
Fairfield
Failed. I have never been able to get fxz to work for me. did a fresh driver install and everything. I actually thought it was going to work too. it failed at 5/12 that seems to be the spot all of them fail for me. Oh well guess i will have to try something else. Thanks for the file though

iNsAnEmOd

Jan 12, 2012
Lansing,MI
Failed. I have never been able to get fxz to work for me. did a fresh driver install and everything. I actually thought it was going to work too. it failed at 5/12 that seems to be the spot all of them fail for me. Oh well guess i will have to try something else. Thanks for the file though

Did you extract the zip?

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk

lemonoid

Jun 15, 2011
Boone, NC
got stuck in boot loop afterwards. it said it 'PASS'ed but it didn't.. idk i've never had problems with FXZ'ing my Bionic until now

---------- Post added at 08:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 PM ----------

RSD Lite would not recognize anything in the unzipped folder, it recognized my original download file and when flashing that file it makes it all the way through the steps and says PASS, but then a bootloop

---------- Post added at 08:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 PM ----------

it finally worked, and booted up fine, but it is saying that I am on 5.5.886, while the file that I flashed is the one that I downloaded from this thread...im going to re-download it and try again, maybe something went wrong in my system. do you have an md5 i can get please?
this is the md5 i have: 96e10ae9b00b696e8efed0e076632a53

Last edited:

Dukeuni

Aug 9, 2011
Question

Alright, I must be missing something really obvious, because this has not been discussed:

I have installed Moto Drivers, installed RSD Lite 5.6, downloaded the .902 filed mentioned in the OP. Phone is on, working just fine, has USB debugging on, etc. I plug the phone in, and start-up RSD. When I try to find the FXZ file, I cannot find anything with FXZ, I have no idea what I am looking for.

Once I have downloaded the .902 file- I have tried to install with just the file, and then tried to find this "FXZ" file after extracting it with WINRAR.

I reviewed the video instructions by Droidmodderx that was listed in the OP. But the video just makes it seem like I am finding one file called "FXZ". I can never find any right file like that when I am running RSD. When when I try to use the un-extracted file in RSD, it does not give me the option of uncompressing and install, it only allows me to uncompress.

I cannot find the right file.

I know I am missing something very obvious, but I just can't find it.

Thanks for your help

iNsAnEmOd

Jan 12, 2012
Lansing,MI
Alright, I must be missing something really obvious, because this has not been discussed:

I have installed Moto Drivers, installed RSD Lite 5.6, downloaded the .902 filed mentioned in the OP. Phone is on, working just fine, has USB debugging on, etc. I plug the phone in, and start-up RSD. When I try to find the FXZ file, I cannot find anything with FXZ, I have no idea what I am looking for.

Once I have downloaded the .902 file- I have tried to install with just the file, and then tried to find this "FXZ" file after extracting it with WINRAR.

I reviewed the video instructions by Droidmodderx that was listed in the OP. But the video just makes it seem like I am finding one file called "FXZ". I can never find any right file like that when I am running RSD. When when I try to use the un-extracted file in RSD, it does not give me the option of uncompressing and install, it only allows me to uncompress.

I cannot find the right file.

I know I am missing something very obvious, but I just can't find it.

Thanks for your help

xml file is what your looking for...

put phone on Ap Fastboot

cellzealot

Jan 4, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
FXZ is a made up abbreviation of Full XML Zip that started on XDA when the Droid 3 was released and we first saw this new file format come into use with fastboot bootloader support for the dual core Motorolas.

People still often wrongly refer to them as SBF files because that was the common firmware file format for prior generations of Motorola devices.

The XML.zip format and fastboot is a far more versatile, flexible and safer flash interface so it is an important distinction to make to understand how these files work and what they are.

These files are a set of signed partition images with an XML file that runs them in sequence in RSD Lite.
They can also be flashed with the fastboot.exe in command line as individual files, giving a much more finite control over the flashing process and the ability to selectively fix or change only what is needed rather than completely flash the entire device.
The XML files themselves are scripts that can be modified to perform certain operations like wiping user data or not.

They are very powerful tools and the ability to use them effectively to restore your phone is critical if you want to be able to have fun and mod your device safely.

Last edited:
Reactions: zeroxia and 1KDS

Dukeuni

Aug 9, 2011
Ugh

Well, looks like this will be a great learning experience- I not have a "bricked" phone.

I finally was able to get RSD to recognize the phone- I did not have the phone set to "PC Mode", it was only set to "Mass Storage". Once RSD saw the phone I started the process as described in the video- clicked the .tar file, clicked on uncompres and install, and let it go. The uncompress took some time, but once it was done it start the install process-

Bam- fail. Does not seem like it installed a single thing, just automatic fail. The status bar reads:

"Failed flashing process. Failed flashing process. 1/15 flash cdt.bin "cdt.bin" -> Phone returned FAIL.; phone connected"

I disconnect my phone, turn it off, and then try to turn it back on. I am forced to do the fastboot (Power button and volume down). I try it again, same result. I uncompress the file myself with WINRAR, and then select just the XML File- "default_flash_targe"- same result.

Well, what do I do now? my phone is dead, but I am excited to finally learn some more about this phone and how to deal with this type of stuff.

---------- Post added at 12:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 AM ----------

Not sure if it makes a difference, but I am not sure which version I was on prior to attempting to do the fxz. I am looking at downloading the .893 stock and going from there. See if that will work at all.

cellzealot

Jan 4, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
Well I figured out why everyone using this thread is having difficulty.

THE OP HAS THE WRONG XML.zip LINKED!!! PLEASE EDIT THIS POST IMMEDIATELY WITH THE CORRECT LINK!

iNsAnEmOd

Jan 12, 2012
Lansing,MI
Well I figured out why everyone using this thread is having difficulty.

THE OP HAS THE WRONG XML.zip LINKED!!! PLEASE EDIT THIS POST IMMEDIATELY WITH THE CORRECT LINK!

THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG..... NONE OF YOU GUYS ARE EXTRACTING THE ZIP.(or Tar). INSIDE THE TAR, THERE IS ANOTHER ONE. EXTRACT THAT TOO. INSIDE THAT THERE IS A FOLDER LABELED "p2d_targa_cdma_targa-user-2.3.4-5.5.1_84_DBN-55-110814-release-keys-Verizon-US". PUT EVERYTHING INSIDE THAT FOLDER ON THE DESKTOP AND RUN RSD.

cellzealot

Jan 4, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
That is the wrong file. That is the original stock release xml.zip

That is why everyone is hosing their using this file. You can't flash back to the original firmware with the original cdt.bin anymore.

Look at the error in Dukeuni's post above!

What is wrong is that you are posting the wrong files and people with even less experience than yourself are unaware and getting stuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Got this From Our Friends Over At Droidmodderx
    First Post.

1. Download .902 FXZ zip and extract to desktop here
    2. Install the Motorola Mobile Drivers here
    3. Install RSD Lite 5.6. here.
    4. Make sure your Motorola Droid Bionic is powered on and backed up.
    5. Plug your Motorola Droid Bionic into a back USB port on your computer.
    6. Open the zip and copy EVERYTHING inside to the desktop(inside the zip there is a folder, you can either put the folder on the desktop it Everything inside it your choice)
    7. Run “RSD Lite” on your computer
    8. Press the “. . .” button next to the box labeled “Filename”
    9. Browse and open the FXZ file
    10. Wait for the program to read the file, then choose “Uncompress And Start Flashing”
    11. Now, the device will slowly flash the FXZ file.
    12. When flashing completes, the device will reboot into recovery and install the two radio images.
    13. Congratulations! You’ve restored your Motorola Droid Bionic.

downside..... wipes INTERNAL Sdcard
    So save the stuff you want to keep on your PC
    FXZ is a made up abbreviation of Full XML Zip that started on XDA when the Droid 3 was released and we first saw this new file format come into use with fastboot bootloader support for the dual core Motorolas.

People still often wrongly refer to them as SBF files because that was the common firmware file format for prior generations of Motorola devices.

The XML.zip format and fastboot is a far more versatile, flexible and safer flash interface so it is an important distinction to make to understand how these files work and what they are.

These files are a set of signed partition images with an XML file that runs them in sequence in RSD Lite.
    They can also be flashed with the fastboot.exe in command line as individual files, giving a much more finite control over the flashing process and the ability to selectively fix or change only what is needed rather than completely flash the entire device.
    The XML files themselves are scripts that can be modified to perform certain operations like wiping user data or not.

They are very powerful tools and the ability to use them effectively to restore your phone is critical if you want to be able to have fun and mod your device safely.

I am SOOO SORRY people..... I lead you astray... This Is SOOOO the wrong file... my bad

FIXED!!!

Probably be a good idea to pay more attention when you are reposting things you find on other forums and writing "guides" for other users and try to have the details straight.
    You end up causing more problems with incomplete or incorrect information and people end up with bricked phones for no good reason.

Make sense?