[ROM] Eclipse TW Note II v1.4 - Welcome to the Dark!!!

Search This thread

hacku

Aug 7, 2010
Arizona
Re: [ROM] Eclipse TW Note II v1.3 - Welcome to the Dark!!!

It's not just the ROM. The battery life on this phone is simply amazing. Last Saturday I decided to see just what it would take to kill it.

The answer was 13 hours on battery with 8 hours of screen on time. And yes, I was actually using the phone for 8 hours that day. Mix of texting, web browsing, social media, YouTube and Netflix.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361230485354.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361230485354.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 590
Reactions: inkdaddy66

pool_shark

Dec 12, 2008
Macedonia, Ohio
Is anyone else having issues with Gmail syncing?
When I delete emails, they don't go into the trash folder, and if I look in all mail it says they're still in the inbox. At a later time Gmail shows that I still have unread emails in the inbox.

EDIT: It isn't ROM related. I'm having the same problem with other ROMs.

Last edited:

jmjm427

Jul 9, 2012
New York, NY
This rom is AWESOME but... phone has twice now completely frozen while sleeping.. one time it froze and i overslept since an alarm didn't go off DOH..

I have made 0 changes to the kernel or voltages.. I'm also just using the pin lock screen and no aosp ripple/etc.

Is there any chance of getting these inverted Google Apps as a separate package? Inverted Google Talk on Touchwiz is VERY hard to find and get working on any of these roms (Note 2 as well as SIII).

kintwofan

Jul 1, 2011
Irmo, SC
OnePlus 7T
Sony Xperia 1 III

This rom is AWESOME but... phone has twice now completely frozen while sleeping.. one time it froze and i overslept since an alarm didn't go off DOH..

I have made 0 changes to the kernel or voltages.. I'm also just using the pin lock screen and no aosp ripple/etc.

Is there any chance of getting these inverted Google Apps as a separate package? Inverted Google Talk on Touchwiz is VERY hard to find and get working on any of these roms (Note 2 as well as SIII).

I'm not getting why some report freezes. I have yet to get a freezer up. I'm over a day up time with zero problems. Did you do a clean install?

Also for the gapps just pull the ones you want from Eclipse.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

jmjm427

Jul 9, 2012
New York, NY
I'm not getting why some report freezes. I have yet to get a freezer up. I'm over a day up time with zero problems. Did you do a clean install?

yup clean install.

Also for the gapps just pull the ones you want from Eclipse.

i've tried pulling GTALK but there are some framework dependencies that without them (and i have no idea what they are) cause it to FC.. would need to be done as a flashable zip.

kintwofan

Jul 1, 2011
Irmo, SC
OnePlus 7T
Sony Xperia 1 III

yup clean install.

i've tried pulling GTALK but there are some framework dependencies that without them (and i have no idea what they are) cause it to FC.. would need to be done as a flashable zip.

Strange. This ROM is crazy reliable for me, but I guess I don't stay with the included kernel. I prefer peanut butter jelly time kernel.

I've never tried gtalk but I have in the past pulled Google now gmail and I think one other without a problem.

Reactions: 1ManWolfePack

jmjm427

Jul 9, 2012
New York, NY
Strange. This ROM is crazy reliable for me, but I guess I don't stay with the included kernel. I prefer peanut butter jelly time kernel.

I've never tried gtalk but I have in the past pulled Google now gmail and I think one other without a problem.

thanks going to checkout the peanut butter kernel!

nitroglycerine33

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 29, 2010
IA

Try out a different kernel. It will fix your bsod.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

nitroglycerine33

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 29, 2010
IA

Pb & j has always run good with my ROMs. Ever since the good old fascinate days. Lol

kintwofan

Jul 1, 2011
Irmo, SC
OnePlus 7T
Sony Xperia 1 III

Pb & j has always run good with my ROMs. Ever since the good old fascinate days. Lol

Yep it was a great combo on the charge too. So glad it's here now! Eclipse and pb &j can't get better then that. I vote for that to be the base kernel next, until Eclipse kernel of course.

chavist

Jul 23, 2007

Does anyone have the simplistic framework working with this Rom. If so which release

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

1ManWolfePack

Jul 11, 2012

Add another PB&J lover...

I have about 20% more battery right now then I usually have. I'm sold. This + that = hell yeah

Reactions: kintwofan

JustusIV

Jan 11, 2008
super minor request here but can we get a date in the title. Thats how i keep tabs on roms threads.

Reactions: hacku

hacku

Aug 7, 2010
Arizona

So I just noticed this today. Where the hell are my battery stats?

Also, check out how long the Android process has been running for. I've only had the phone a couple of weeks... lol

Any ideas?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361597254570.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361597254570.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 498
  • uploadfromtaptalk1361597265748.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361597265748.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 504

hopesrequiem

May 27, 2011

So I just noticed this today. Where the hell are my battery stats?

Also, check out how long the Android process has been running for. I've only had the phone a couple of weeks... lol

Any ideas?

Wtf? Wow that's weird

hacku

Aug 7, 2010
Arizona

Did you check your md5sums before flashing? Was it a clean flash? My battery stats show up just fine.

Yes, MD5 checksum was fine and I did a complete clean install. Been running the ROM about 2 weeks now and battery stats were working fine until I noticed yesterday.

I haven't flashed anything or changed anything in the phone. Not sure what could have caused this.

MHatter469

Mar 18, 2008
Wonderland
Google Pixel 6
Volume

NItro,

Is there a way to disable the headset volume safety? When I plug into my car it senses the headphone jack and attenuates the volume to 50% then when I turn it up the Note 2 gives a warning about hearing damage. I have not seen a setting for disabling this.

This seems to go across all levels individually, so yesterday I was listening to Pandora, had turned the volume up on the Note 2, so it is at a normal level on the radio, then a call came in so I turned up the volume on the radio because I couldn't hear it and it was easier. When the call ended and it switched back to Pandora it was deafening.

The other side, is that if I keep the Note 2 at 50% and crank up the volume on the radio, when I unplug the Note 2 and the radio switches back to FM or CD, the volume is really loud.

Personally, I have only ever used headphones once on my Note 2, and my headphones have a volume control slider on them. The other 99.99999% of the time it is connected to the car stereo.

Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome to the Dark!!

6.png

7.png

8.png

General Overview
    Eclipse TW is based off of VRALL4 OTA for the Verizon Wireless Galaxy Note 2

Features
    Fully inverted dark UI
    -Contacts/Dialer
    -Talk
    -Gmail
    -Play Store
    -MMS
    -Email
    -Google Now
    -Calendar
    Dark themed AOSP JB Eclipse style
    AOSP lockscreen with center clock (can be toggled in settings, disable ripple effect when using)
    S Note and S Voice included
    Removed tethering provisions for free native tethering
    Removed bloat and un-needed built in apps
    AOSP Inverted Calendar
    AOSP Inverted MMS with QuickReply
    AOSP Alarm clock
    AOSP Contacts/dialer
    Custom bootanimation support
    Init.d support
    CRT Off animation
    Saber kernel prepackaged
    Removed AM/PM from clock
    Any app in multi-window
    APN settings/editor
    Camera shutter control
    Much much more!!!

Special thanks to travp624 and JT productions for paving the way on some Gapps that I have used as a general outline in the past, adrynalyne for fixing the framework on aosp MMS and APN editor, Vertumus for some theming, ptmr3 for saber kernel, and didact74's guide on the toggle for the lockscreen.

Changelog:
    Code:
    Build 1.4
    AOSP Eclipse Contacts
    AOSP Eclipse Browser
    Updated Calendar theming
    AOSP Eclipse Email with security bypass
    OI File Manager
    Updated Google Now, You Tube, Maps, Market, Photo Editor
    Now using Clockworkmod Superuser
    Nova launcher now default
    framework enhancements for smoother operation
    Switched back to 15.2 saber kernel
    Updated MMS app
    Added Google Car home
    Added clock options (center, right, hide, date, am/pm) - under date&time settings
    Updated battery options
    Removed more touchwiz apps as they are no longer required
    Default battery is now circle battery

Build 1.3
    Updated MMS
    Fixed YouTube update and sign-in errors
    Updated Play Store
    Updated Google Voice
    Switched to Perseus kernel due to requests
    Slight theme update/cleanup

Build 1.2
    Removed AM/PM from status bar
    Added APN editor - adynalyne
    Custom TW launcher is now default
    Added camera shutter options
    Infinite launcher scrolling
    Cleaned up contacts a little
    Enabled Find My Mobile in settings
    Removed software update from settings
    *If you are flashing any battery mods you will need to download the new V3 versions

Build 1.1.1
    Themed in call dialer buttons
    Themed some missing components in contacts
    Updated Super SU
    Fixed notifications being cut off on the bottom
    Fixed wifi data arrows
    Fixed mobile data arrows
    *If you are flashing any battery mods you will need to download the new V2 versions

Build 1.1
    Added CRT off animation
    Prepackaged Saber kernel - [url]http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2124221[/url]
    Fixed multi-window

Build 1.0
    Initial release

Downloads:

Rom
    Eclipse TW 1.4: http://eclipserom.com/thedark/showthread.php?648-ROM-Eclipse-TW-Note-II-v1-4-Welcome-to-the-Dark!!!

Addons/Themes

Battery Options *updated 3/6/13
    note2batterysmall.png

Icon battery (stock): http://d-h.st/xzf
    Digital battery: http://d-h.st/1Js
    Skinny bar: http://d-h.st/dxD
    Circle battery: http://d-h.st/MCa
    Fatty battery: http://d-h.st/lZm

toggles.png

White Toggles/Power Widgets (default)
    Download: http://d-h.st/atf

Blue Toggles/Power Widgets
    Download: http://d-h.st/Bdj

eclipseTWlauncher2.png

Eclipse modified TW launcher
    4x5 home screen, removed dock text and AOSP styled
    Download: http://d-h.st/mrK

Stock JB AOSP appearance pack*
    For those of you who do not want a fully inverted dark UI I have created a package that will revert back to the white/non-inverted counterparts for a stock JB AOSP experience
    -Gmail, Talk, MMS, Holo backgrounds/menus, Voice, Play Store, Google Now, Calendar, Email

Stock JB pack: http://d-h.st/1Vg
    *Due to the nature of inverted apps you may need to clear app data on the above non-inverted apps if you experience force closes. For best results flash this package on a fresh install (data wipe/factory reset) after the main rom is flashed in recovery.

Stock Apps
    Allshare: http://d-h.st/QjN

Note
    Please do not use any of my work without asking. Thank you.
    Funny how you ban for people telling the truth. No curse words..no personal attacks. .just opinion that you obviously disagreed with

For starters you act like I sold you a broken product. I am sharing my work not selling it. There is nothing wrong with the ROM. It is all user error, not my fault.

Lack of support too? I help people when things are actually broken. You come into my own forum with a "threatening" "self-entitled" post and expect something good to come of it? Read up on the basics of flashing and creating backups. It is truly amazing what you can learn by reading.

You took the risk of rooting and flashing custom firmware on your phone. Not my problem you did not prepare for losing text messages and some app data..

Don't let the door hit you on the way out..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    I will be releasing several add ons either later today or sometime this weekend. There will be several battery options available as well as a center clock mod soon. I just wanted to get the base rom out in the world!
    Re: [ROM] Eclipse TW Note II v1.0 - Welcome to the Dark!!!

Soooooooo can I get permission to theme the hell out of this?

Sent from my Galaxy Note II

Well hell yea!