CM Logo Only

Search This thread

mpeg3s

Aug 11, 2009
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2389813

Guys, I tried to install the new stable 10.2 with the 10.2 SD image.

Guess it failed. Seems like CM 10.2 is now my stock, as Nook stock won't boot. Boot CM instead, but logo stuck.

Did this overwrite my EMMC?

It's now stuck at the CM logo.

What should I do next?

Thanks!

leapinlar

Oct 18, 2006
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2389813

Guys, I tried to install the new stable 10.2 with the 10.2 SD image.

Guess it failed. Seems like CM 10.2 is now my stock, as Nook stock won't boot. Boot CM instead, but logo stuck.

Did this overwrite my EMMC?

It's now stuck at the CM logo.

What should I do next?

Thanks!
Sounds like you were wanting to run CM on SD. If that is the case you do not use ROM zips from CM. They are designed for emmc. You must use the ROM zips from verygreen's thread.

To fix your stock, go to my HD/HD+ CWM thread linked in my signature and flash the plain stock zip from item 6. If it still does not boot right, go back to CWM and do a factory reset.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app

mpeg3s

Aug 11, 2009
I couldn't get the files to be Read from SDCARD because cwm didn't mount.

Anyways, other things happened after a Factory reset. I got CM 10.2 to work. Had no apps.

Luckily, I still had gapps on the internal EMMC.

After installing gapps for the second time it seems to work.

I still get the CWM SD booting, but it won't work anymore. How can I remove this old boot CWM for SD?

Thanks Again!

Sounds like you were wanting to run CM on SD. If that is the case you do not use ROM zips from CM. They are designed for emmc. You must use the ROM zips from verygreen's thread.

To fix your stock, go to my HD/HD+ CWM thread linked in my signature and flash the plain stock zip from item 6. If it still does not boot right, go back to CWM and do a factory reset.

Last edited:

leapinlar

Oct 18, 2006
I couldn't get the files to be Read from SDCARD because cwm didn't mount.

Anyways, other things happened after a Factory reset. I got CM 10.2 to work. Had no apps.

Luckily, I still had gapps on the internal EMMC.

After installing gapps for the second time it seems to work.

I still get the CWM SD booting, but it won't work anymore. How can I remove this old boot CWM for SD?

Thanks Again!
I was mistaken when I told you to flash plain stock and wipe with your existing SD. When you did the factory reset with your existing SD it wiped the SD data. That is why you had no apps. You need to make a new SD from my thread so that you can flash the plain stock and factory reset with that one. That will put stock back on internal. Use a different SD if you want to keep your CM10.2 bootable SD.

Last edited:

mpeg3s

Aug 11, 2009
A CWM SD is bootable with a different CWM image. Problem is the remnants of an old CWM SD image changed the EMMC.

Without the SD Card I still see it boot, but you can't use it because no boot option. It's a left over from the CWM SD-Hybrid boot I used to flash ROM.

So the EMMC 10.2 boot isn't clean.

Thanks!

I was mistaken when I told you to flash plain stock and wipe with your existing SD. When you did the factory reset with your existing SD it wiped the SD data. That is why you had no apps. You need to make a new SD from my thread so that you can flash the plain stock and factory reset with that one. That will put stock back on internal. Use a different SD if you want to keep your CM10.2 bootable SD.

leapinlar

Oct 18, 2006
A CWM SD is bootable with a different CWM image. Problem is the remnants of an old CWM SD image changed the EMMC.

Without the SD Card I still see it boot, but you can't use it because no boot option. It's a left over from the CWM SD-Hybrid boot I used to flash ROM.

So the EMMC 10.2 boot isn't clean.

Thanks!
The problem is not only the CWM version that is on the SD, it is the ROM you were flashing. ROMs are hard coded to be put either on emmc or SD and it does not matter which CWM you use, it tries to put it on what is programmed to do. Now wiping is different. The CWM itself decides what is to be wiped, emmc or SD. That is why when you flashed that zip from the CM site with the CWM built for SD installs, it still put it on emmc instead of SD. But when you wiped, it wiped SD instead of emmc. That is why I told you to use a different SD with the CWM built for emmc to do the wiping of emmc.