How to - Galaxy S3 Android Upgrade (4.1.1 - 4.3) AT&T Version

Search This thread

shrry8

Nov 20, 2009
Hi,

I have purchased Samsung Galaxy S3 (AT&T) version here is Pakistan, my GSM network is working on but to my curiosity I want to check myself that the phone is fully rooted and it can be used in any country worldwide. (unable to check it GalaxSim Unlocked SW) How can i check it from phone

Secondly when trying to update Android 4.1.1 to 4.3 its checking from About Phone > Software Update > its always going to AT&T Server and checking for update every 24 hours but unable to find it, which is not possible from Pakistan as far I know. Is it possible to update to 4.3 ??

My Cell Phone details are

Model No.: SAMSUNG-SGH-1747
Baseband Version: 1747UCDLK3
Kernel Version: 3.0.31-274808

Waiting for your reply on urgent basis

Last edited:

jpcdeux

Mar 26, 2010
Laporte, IN
You want to see if its rooted? Use a root check app.

If it is or you want it rooted, flash a 4.3 ROM. That's gonna be your best bet

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

icuucme

Mar 29, 2014
Hi,

I have purchased Samsung Galaxy S3 (AT&T) version here is Pakistan, my GSM network is working on but to my curiosity I want to check myself that the phone is fully rooted and it can be used in any country worldwide. (unable to check it GalaxSim Unlocked SW) How can i check it from phone

Secondly when trying to update Android 4.1.1 to 4.3 its checking from About Phone > Software Update > its always going to AT&T Server and checking for update every 24 hours but unable to find it, which is not possible from Pakistan as far I know. Is it possible to update to 4.3 ??

I'm having this same problem

atthebeach

Mar 11, 2011
Just a quick note, if you upgrade to a ROM that includes an EMJB version bootloader, you can't go back to an older ROM after that (you can get a brick if you try that). There is a EMJ2 bootloader out there that is an alternative for the EMJB without that restriction. Search the threads for this phone for more details.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

thentheresia

Oct 9, 2014
Hi,

I do have the same problem with you.
Did you already find the solution? I don't want to root my phone :(