Ideos x5 totally bricked

Search This thread

furyangel

Feb 18, 2012
Hi there,

My phone not turning on not without battery and SD not with home and volume+ and power button not with both volumes and power nothing at all not even vibrating when charging I am not sure if it's the battery but it was charged before I rebooted once rebooted it didn't turn back on I am on aurora ics and cwm.

I didn't have any problems with it partitions might of been wiped but I guess this would leave me with access to bootloader or anything or a vibrate on charge at least it happened as I was formatting another device but put the wrong sd on ubuntu so I started to think it might be the battery except it was charged unless it decided to leak all the charge in no time.

Also it doesn't do anything on usb or charge connection no vibrate no led no light buttons no nothing just nothing.

PoXFreak

Jan 2, 2011
Apex NC
Sounds like my issue...
If in fact you did format the whole 3.69gb partition, then you wiped the phone.
So far, my only recourse has been to attempt a JTAG and install a bootloader.
I'm thinking that maybe I can try some form of "wire trick", like the ones used on the HTC Sensation, but I don't want to blow it up by shorting something unrepairable.

If you find another solution, please reply as it would be helpful to others.

furyangel

Feb 18, 2012
Sounds like my issue...
If in fact you did format the whole 3.69gb partition, then you wiped the phone.
So far, my only recourse has been to attempt a JTAG and install a bootloader.
I'm thinking that maybe I can try some form of "wire trick", like the ones used on the HTC Sensation, but I don't want to blow it up by shorting something unrepairable.

If you find another solution, please reply as it would be helpful to others.

nope i didnt format 3.96 gb it was 3 mb and it was shown as linux cd gadget also it worked afterwards until i rebooted next day then blackness the thing is i cant seem to find a battery to try with so i need to try everything first :)

PoXFreak

Jan 2, 2011
Apex NC
The one I have here wouldn't start charging the battery until I force-fed the battery directly. (use a 4-5v charger and directly charge the battery for a couple of minutes).
Mine worked, but I made the mistake of formatting the entire partition (3.69gb), so now the phone does absolutely nothing.

furyangel

Feb 18, 2012
The one I have here wouldn't start charging the battery until I force-fed the battery directly. (use a 4-5v charger and directly charge the battery for a couple of minutes).
Mine worked, but I made the mistake of formatting the entire partition (3.69gb), so now the phone does absolutely nothing.

I am a bit confused here so now when you plug it you can do something to it since it's charging? I guess I never did the 3.69 thingy if I am not mistaken..So lemme ask you if I tried the wall outlet for example instead of the USB to tv or laptop would that help to start it? I am thinking of replacing the battery and see what happens that's if I can find it here in Turkey the Turks always into the newest phones so this one is ancient to them to find a battery for...

Burtrum57

Apr 9, 2012
Berri, Sth Aust
Mine is in the same state. But I know that in my efforts to get it to start again I accidently wiped the the entire partition. Can't turn it on, can't get a pink screen, not a thing and haven't beenable to find any solution. So I guess all I can do is sit back and check the postings to see if anyone else has the same issue and knows of a way to restore the boot partition.

PoXFreak

Jan 2, 2011
Apex NC
Mine is in the same state. But I know that in my efforts to get it to start again I accidently wiped the the entire partition. Can't turn it on, can't get a pink screen, not a thing and haven't beenable to find any solution. So I guess all I can do is sit back and check the postings to see if anyone else has the same issue and knows of a way to restore the boot partition.

I'm thinking of trying to run MTTY 1.42 and talk directly with the qualcomm chip to send the boot files myself, but I need to know what I need and where it goes first.
I did this with the HTC Kaiser (AT&T Tilt) with some success.
That was on Windows XP though...not sure if it will run correctly on Win 7.

wish011

Jun 22, 2009
I'm thinking of trying to run MTTY 1.42 and talk directly with the qualcomm chip to send the boot files myself, but I need to know what I need and where it goes first.
I did this with the HTC Kaiser (AT&T Tilt) with some success.
That was on Windows XP though...not sure if it will run correctly on Win 7.

help me i have the same issue....