[DEV] CyanogenMod 10 marvel-ALPHA

Search This thread

SanderTheNinja

Feb 19, 2012
lelystad, NL
http://www.cyanogenmod.com/blog/the-future-of-cyanogenmod-7

You're friend is probably getting mixed up a little. Wildfire S is getting official CM7.2 support very soon, when it is released. The maintainer will probably be Alquez as he has promised us this. ;)

Oh. In that case, not news for this CM9 thread.

Oh wow, they actually mention Wildfire S. I had lost hope that we would get official status after alquez mentioned that he hadn't heard back from them.

what difference does it make? im using alquez's cm7.2 unffocial builds quite some time now and they are rock solid and feels "official" to me lols. sorry modpunk for the ot.

@Modpunk: Sorry for offtopic. I just had to tell this. :)

Fikus011

Jan 15, 2012
Perth
I've asked that question so many times, and I've never got an answer. xD

i posted this in general section too....google,google,google
-- SGX Video Acceleration (in principle, it was available in kernels after 2.6.35, while CM7 has stuck on 2.6.32);
-- DSP, a (better) support is offered in kernels after 2.6.38;
-- Better OMAP Frame Buffer drivers (omapfb): for the Beagleboard development platform they talk in favor of using more software-optimized driver based on NEON extensions, than a SGX hardware accelerated renderer (fbdev).
(info from elinux.org on Beagleboard Debian)

bingzz

Dec 20, 2011
Glasgow
He means there is no point asking unless you know what you're doing. wow. Why don't you guys wait rather than keep demanding eta's or new features off him. You'll know when it's released.

eoghan2t7

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 18, 2011
Belfast
OPPO Find X2 Pro
OPPO Find X5 Pro
@modpunk i have been reading the OMX source and seeing what files get compiled compared to yours and there are more omx files in the rom i built also i tink i no way there is no hq youtube playback i have gathered this from my reading in the omx folder i.e. here

android/system/vendor/qcom/opensource/omx/mm-video in the android.mk files i have noticed this the
omx files are from the p500 developer that modded it to compile on msm2x27 i see this

ifeq ($(TARGET_BOARD_PLATFORM),msm7x27)
libmm-venc-def += -DMAX_RES_720P
endif

if that is correct then when playing HQ youtube videos etc the broswer or youtube app will thinks the phone can play 720p HD instead of it being

libmm-venc-def += -DMAX_RES_480P
endif

for it plays HQ 480p format i have modded the file to say its 480p but then there are loads of compile errors etc so i am going to print out all the omx files in the folder above and see what else needs modded. i hope im getting there with the problem hunting and providing helpfull information this time ;)

*se-nsei.

Sep 28, 2011
London
@modpunk i have been reading the OMX source and seeing what files get compiled compared to yours and there are more omx files in the rom i built also i tink i no way there is no hq youtube playback i have gathered this from my reading in the omx folder i.e. here

android/system/vendor/qcom/opensource/omx/mm-video in the android.mk files i have noticed this the
omx files are from the p500 developer that modded it to compile on msm2x27 i see this

endif

if that is correct then when playing HQ youtube videos etc the broswer or youtube app will thinks the phone can play 720p HD instead of it being

endif

for it plays HQ 480p format i have modded the file to say its 480p but then there are loads of compile errors etc so i am going to print out all the omx files in the folder above and see what else needs modded. i hope im getting there with the problem hunting and providing helpfull information this time ;)

Didn't modpunk say its something in the media XML or something?

Eskuero

Recognized Developer
Feb 15, 2012

endif

endif

Good job, waiting for news:)

Enviado desde mi HTC Wildfire S A510e usando Tapatalk

benjamingwynn

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 28, 2011
xenxier.com
Kind of a noob question here but may I ask does gingerbread have support for 3.0 kernels?

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using xda premium

modpunk

Oct 14, 2011
Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact
Samsung Galaxy S10

endif

endif

Just enabling this doesn't work, you need support for it in the kenrel too. We have already the patches for the kernel and testing it. However the OMX codecs we have don't have hardware/kernel support. I don't think that it will actually help. We will see.

Eskuero

Recognized Developer
Feb 15, 2012
SWAP partition is not working

What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. Install Data2SD
2. Test SWAP partition from Terminal Emulator
3. SWAP partition is not detected

What is the expected output? What do you see instead?
I wait to see different numbers with the free and used memory from SWAP partition, but I only get a lot of zeros.

Do you see erros in the log files (logcat, dmesg)?
No logcats problems, I think that's because is not a system error, simplicy a kernel fail

What version of the product are you using? (See System Settings -> About
Phone)

Number Model: HTC Wildfire S A510e
Android version: 4.0.4
BaseBand Version: 47.23a.35.3035H_7.53.39.03M
Kernel Version: 2.6.35.13-cryptomilk-alquez.r11-ga45b885asn@magrathea #1

Please provide any additional information below.

I think that's a kernel issue, because un latest version of CM7, alquez says:

- new kernel with swap on

Because of that I think that you can put SWAP on, by only editing the kernel...:)

I add a little picture of Terminal Emulator too.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-05-10-21-56-57.png
    Screenshot_2012-05-10-21-56-57.png
    19 KB · Views: 201

modpunk

Oct 14, 2011
Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact
Samsung Galaxy S10
Any finding as to what was causing the stall out for the marvelc? I dont mean to be naggy i just wondered.

Thanks, Jared

Pat and I started to work on a 3.0 kernel tree based on caf ics_chocolate. I will port the board files soon and we will have a kernel with boot console output on the screen. I will give you a testing kernel so we can see what's going wrong.

This will take one, two or three weeks, but we will get there :)

jardivben

Jan 20, 2012
Sioux Falls
Pat and I started to work on a 3.0 kernel tree based on caf ics_chocolate. I will port the board files soon and we will have a kernel with boot console output on the screen. I will give you a testing kernel so we can see what's going wrong.

This will take one, two or three weeks, but we will get there :)

Sounds like a plan mate!:) I really want to thank you for everythnig....expect a donation soon.

Sent from my HTC_A510c using xda premium

Thrawed

Jul 13, 2009
Modpunk, in the build.prop, could you change ro.product.model from "HTC Wildfire S A510e" to "Wildfire S" as this is what the play store uses for your device name. So at the moment it is displayed as "HTC HTC Wildfire S A510e" because the store already pulls the manufacturer name from ro.product.manufacturer.

Reactions: thelegbra

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    header_transparent_alpha_jb.png

Preamble

This is the development thread for HTC Wildfire S and msm7227 devices. If you have questions about the code of the ROM and want to discuss changes and stuff we have developed feel free to ask here.

I've been working on a CM9 port for the HTC Wildfire S since January 2012 and started with CM10 in August 2012. After 5 month of work this I've released the first ALPHA of CM9. Getting CM10 was esier. Neither CM10 is stable yet nor the HTC Wildfire S (Marvel) port is complete. Most of the features are working but it still needs bugfixing and polishing. We would like to improve the code and get as much as possible upstream if they accept it. There will never be an official CM10 release as ARMv6 is not supported.

I have to thank alquez who ported CM7 for the HTC Wildfire S. His work was a good starting point for CM9 and then CM10. Also thanks to Tobias Droste who was working with me on this ROM. Tobias we finally made it!
    I also have to thank WinSuk and s0be working on CM9 and CM10 for the Liberty. We worked together with those guys to get CM9 and CM10 going. We will continue our collaboration in future.

Reporting Bugs

If you want to report bugs please read THIS HOWTO first. Please try to provide logs if you see errors (logcat and dmesg). If you don't know how to do that check google or ask people here to help you. Don't contact me directly.

Enabling logcat Logging
    adb shell dmesg
    How to use strace?

All bug reports should go to the bugtracker.

If you think you find a bug take a look at the bugtracker first. Check if it already has been reported.

Sources

You can find the source here: http://git.cryptomilk.org/

If you are a developer working on a msm7227 and want to collaborate, contact me directly.
    I've fixed deep sleep. The 'msm_serial_hs_dma' kernel wakelock was the culprit. Our platform doesn't support quick switch-on/off of Bluetooth Module which can be disabled with an overlay.
    This is a DEVELOPMENT thread so please stop off-topic discussions!

I've just switched completely to CM10 as most of the stuff is working. I would like to get software video playback working, so you can watch youtube videos. Currently it is playing some seconds and then reboots.

Everything else seems to be working so far. You just have no space left if you flash gapps :)

So ALPHA0 will be released as soon as Youtube videos are playing.
    I've started working on CM10. I have the first build.
    Yeah, together with WinSuk I fixed youtube video playback today. No, HQ videos still don't work as this is not hardware backed. The CPU needs to do all the work. We need to reduce undequeued buffers and change the msmfb kernel interface to return the correct version number.

ALPHA0 is near...

I still plan to reduce the ROM size by removing most wallpapers and use a gapps lite version.

gapps with removed:
    -GenieWidget
    -GoogleTTS
    -Talk
    -TalkBack
    -TTS files