[Q] Nexus 7 (2012) battery issue

Search This thread

sahil1033

Dec 29, 2013
Dehradun
sahil1033.com
Hi, I bought N7 (2012) 16 GB in December 2013 and suddenly it's charging went slow. At times, it just charges 5% after plugging in for 5-6 hours. I've no idea what's happening with it. Any clue?

vengador

Dec 9, 2006
Same here.
E.g. last night I turned it off at appr. 30%, plugged in the charger and in den morning it was at about 50%.

I am on PACman Rom 22.1.0

hagizma

Oct 31, 2009
there has many issues about fast battery drain after kitkat especially about N7. There is no definite fix for this but you can try not to let it decharge under %30-35 because the lower battery is the longer it charges.. good luck with pluging and unpluging the charger a few times in out in out , it helps they said.

sahil1033

Dec 29, 2013
Dehradun
sahil1033.com
there has many issues about fast battery drain after kitkat especially about N7. There is no definite fix for this but you can try not to let it decharge under %30-35 because the lower battery is the longer it charges.. good luck with pluging and unpluging the charger a few times in out in out , it helps they said.
No, my case is something else. Everything was working fine and this problem happened suddenly one day. At times, while charger is plugged in, if I play game, battery starts to drain even when it's charging. There has to be some problem with the battery but I ask why did this happen and that too suddenly.

D

Darth

Get gsam from play store and see what's eating your battery. Or post screens here.

If you're rooted, you need gsam root companion as well. Shows more details then.

Otherwise we're all just guessing. :)

eko3484

Mar 20, 2011
Ludowici
Mine started doing that just yesterday. I updated twrp today and did a wipe of everything, went to reboot, now it will not turn on at all. Won't even charge. I got it to turn on finally but it won't go back into recovery. Just gets stuck on the part when you first turn it on.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

eko3484

Mar 20, 2011
Ludowici
Here's something crazy! I unplugged the battery for a few hours, plugged in the power cable, tried turning it on (didn't work for obvious reasons lol), then plugged the battery pack in. Now it's charging fine and was able to boot into recovery.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk