[App] sabHub

Search This thread

bean_ian

Feb 13, 2008
Hi Guys,
sabHub has just gone live in the marketplace! As the name suggests it is a client that will interface with your sabnzbd+ install

Functionality at the moment includes:
-View Queue
-View History
-Add NZB via Newzbin ID
-Delete Individual Download
-Pause Individual Download
-Clear History
-Remove individual history items.
-Landscape view supported and shows more detailed information

It has a trial and costs €1.29 for the paid version however the only difference is the presence of a small ad on the 'Add NZB' page. So no time limitation or reduced functionality. However only paid up customers will get the Live Tile functionality when it is introduced (which will be very soon!).

Cheers,
Bean
http://beanware.blogspot.com

queueportrait.png

historyportrait.png

screenhunter01nov100832.gif

screenhunter02nov100834.gif

screenhunter03nov100835.gif

addnzbportrait.png

settingscr.png

The Gate Keeper

Jun 30, 2008
Sydney
just a Q... why have the refresh and the settings icons in the top left/right instead of following the rest of the apps by having it in the bar at the bottom where they belong?

bean_ian

Feb 13, 2008
@Gate Keeper A couple of reasons for this.

Firstly- The Microsoft UX Guidelines published say don't put a application bar on a panorama control which is what my UI is based around

Secondly- adding the application bar to the panorama control will reduce the usable space of the list which in portrait mode is pretty limited as it is.

Thirdly-There is a lot of dead space at the top of the panorama control that I wanted to make the most out of!

If you look at the eBay app, that's where I got the inspiration for the settings/refresh buttons- which I think in a panorama context work quite well.

The Gate Keeper

Jun 30, 2008
Sydney
no worries, just thought i'd ask, wasn't have a dig at you or your app, sorry if it sounded like that. and yes i have noticed it on the ebay app, just not with the corner overlays that's all.

adamwebb28

Feb 7, 2009
Just installed and works great! Good job!

One thing though, the Get API code thing didn't just get the code, it also got a load of the HTML so didn't work. I'm using SabNZBD 0.5.3, not the latest version, maybe that caused a problem?

bean_ian

Feb 13, 2008
no worries, just thought i'd ask, wasn't have a dig at you or your app, sorry if it sounded like that. and yes i have noticed it on the ebay app, just not with the corner overlays that's all.

no i didnt take it that way at all! I'm still finding my feet with wp7 development. any feedback on UX design etc is most welcomed and always good to start a discussion on these things!

@adamwebb28- Thanks for the feedback ;) I'll look into the issue. Obviously a html scraping issue. I'm not on the latest version either so I'll have to see what the HTML layout changes are or come up with a more robust way to scrape the api key that will work across versions.

smoothbond

Jul 6, 2006
Hi There, I just purchased the Non-Ad version. Excellent stuff. any Idea when we'll be able to use other repositories like NzbMatrix . Any Idea how i'd get a newsbin ID? Cheers

bean_ian

Feb 13, 2008
@smoothbond thanks for supporting the app!
My eventual goal is to have a full newzbin/nzbmatrix search tool for WP7, whether this is in the form of a separate app or integrated into sabHub i'm not sure yet.