[ROM] CyanogenMod 9 Stable: Android 4.0.4 for Samsung Epic 4G

Search This thread

Decad3nce

Retired Forum Mod / Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 19, 2010

incisivekeith

Jan 27, 2009
I'm on beta 2 but even on beta 1, I noticed there is no "Enter" function to go to a new line while typing texts. If I press Enter on the hardware keyboard, it sends the message instead of creating a new line. On the soft keyboard, Swype, there's no Enter function while typing texts.

I know I'm missing something. What is it?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA

Speedin07si

Nov 15, 2011
Colonial Heights,VA
I'm on beta 2 but even on beta 1, I noticed there is no "Enter" function to go to a new line while typing texts. If I press Enter on the hardware keyboard, it sends the message instead of creating a new line. On the soft keyboard, Swype, there's no Enter function while typing texts.

Enter for me goes to a new line. Always has , but I think its a setting somewhere in the phone.

Sent from my Awesome CM9 infused Epic.

gmorf33

Oct 15, 2010
Had the weekend to test b2. One thing I've noticed right off is that battery life is much better. This had the bonus of making it through 2 nights of sleep, so that added a lot to the time off charge, but i never put it in airplane mode or anything like that.

Now if i could just get the camera to work better.. (auto focus and anti-shake feature) things would be perfect :D

edit: oh, and i have the pesky phantom voicemail notification showing up again... can i use the old phantom_vm fix that was posted for beta0? Is there a new one?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-04-16-09-07-07.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-04-16-09-07-07.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 321
  • Screenshot_2012-04-16-09-06-38.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-04-16-09-06-38.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 327
  • Screenshot_2012-04-16-09-06-54.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-04-16-09-06-54.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 316
Last edited:

s89281b

Oct 7, 2010
north charleston,sc
Had the weekend to test b2. One thing I've noticed right off is that battery life is much better. This had the bonus of making it through 2 nights of sleep, so that added a lot to the time off charge, but i never put it in airplane mode or anything like that.

Now if i could just get the camera to work better.. (auto focus and anti-shake feature) things would be perfect :D

edit: oh, and i have the pesky phantom voicemail notification showing up again... can i use the old phantom_vm fix that was posted for beta0? Is there a new one?
in your dialer goto settings and make sure voicemail notifications is not checked. this will get rid off voicemail icon.

meixner76

Mar 16, 2010
I wouldn't be surprised if Android manufacturers pay the CM team to only make the ROMs "good enough" so that people know what the new software is like, but to actually enjoy using it they're forced to buy a whole new device.

I feel like beta 2 could have been much much better. Not worse.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

uploadfromtaptalk1334587082050.jpg

soulassasin187

Jun 19, 2010
I have a small problem. Everything seems to be working fine except MMS. Iam on boost and I cannot get into data mode to edit mms server. When I do *#*#3282#*#* then press edit, enter MSL I get an modem error. Now I know dialer codes don't work with ASOP roms. I need to edit the APN settings. The APN back up and restore app doesn't with either. So, what can I do? Please Help.

Sent using XDA Premium App

zanderman112

Oct 6, 2010
SouthEast USA
www.twitter.com

The stock messaging app doesn't support line breaks. Its supposed to be like that o_O

~ E.R.A.

zman519

Oct 27, 2010
the Land of Beer & Cheese
I have a small problem. Everything seems to be working fine except MMS. Iam on boost and I cannot get into data mode to edit mms server. When I do *#*#3282#*#* then press edit, enter MSL I get an modem error. Now I know dialer codes don't work with ASOP roms. I need to edit the APN settings. The APN back up and restore app doesn't with either. So, what can I do? Please Help.

Sent using XDA Premium App

Could some one Explain this to me? Why does cm not have ez to edit APN setting & so on? (Or does it & we both just don't know what we are doing IE where to change them) cm is always referd to as not been tied to any make model carrier or anything, right? I see APN settings on cm7 on other phones if I'm not mistakin, never changed them to see if they worked as the phones where still staying on the carrier they started with b4 the cm flash.

Along the same lines why can't stuff like screen cal work & prl updates work? I'm not *****ing or complaing I would just love to hear a real Explanation from a software engineer/dev. Can cm fully work on Nexus phones or any phone? As in 100% of everthing works (not talking about sum app but prl mms sms calls entering MSL ... sensors low level system stuff) Now b4 some one gets snappy on me for ask this. Keep in mide I NEVER ASK THINGS IN CM THRERDS any more cuz every time I ask what I think is a real Technical Question about why something does or does not work with CM people get defensive fan boyish and start snapping about it.

Sent from the Drivers Seat of my Suby txting and Driving doing 100MPH+ in a school zone! Ha.

C

ccole22653

CM is based off of asop, which is a basic rom to be built off of, so yeah you can get 100% working CM rom on phones other than nexus phones, thanks to Google giving open source code and dev's for hard work getting all the drivers going. If you don't want sarcasm and snappiness, don't ask dumb questions, read the FAQ'S.....

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

MДЯCЦSДИT

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 21, 2010
Could some one Explain this to me? Why does cm not have ez to edit APN setting & so on? (Or does it & we both just don't know what we are doing IE where to change them) cm is always referd to as not been tied to any make model carrier or anything, right? I see APN settings on cm7 on other phones if I'm not mistakin, never changed them to see if they worked as the phones where still staying on the carrier they started with b4 the cm flash.

Along the same lines why can't stuff like screen cal work & prl updates work? I'm not *****ing or complaing I would just love to hear a real Explanation from a software engineer/dev. Can cm fully work on Nexus phones or any phone? As in 100% of everthing works (not talking about sum app but prl mms sms calls entering MSL ... sensors low level system stuff) Now b4 some one gets snappy on me for ask this. Keep in mide I NEVER ASK THINGS IN CM THRERDS any more cuz every time I ask what I think is a real Technical Question about why something does or does not work with CM people get defensive fan boyish and start snapping about it.

Sent from the Drivers Seat of my Suby txting and Driving doing 100MPH+ in a school zone! Ha.
Open voice commands and say APN

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Reactions: zman519

Top Liked Posts