[CDMA] Droid RAZR Utility [WINDOWS]

Search This thread

spc_hicks09

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 23, 2011
Marion, OH
www.facebook.com
OP is there any way you could elaborate on this more?

Code:
7. Overclock Install (See coryjohn's guide on Overclocking. Have USB Debugging enabled to do this.)

What speed does the utility overclock to? Does the utility install the needed files for this? I ran it in the utility and it didn't change anything or install any apps for me. My CPU is still at 1200mHz.

onemotodroid

Jul 31, 2010
Does anyone have and older release of this utility?

I have release v1.40 which has the full 173 file.

I would like to have the version that installs 148.

If any has this file please email to me. Thanks!

p0k3y

Mar 25, 2011
Matt, could you please fix the links in OP, neither is right or working. Thanks.

RyanTX

May 22, 2010
Pilot Point
Will this utility take me from the ICS leak back to the stock .173? I am in need of doing that to fix all my root stuff for tethering.

stkiswr

Aug 11, 2010
This is a great utility! I used it to go from rooted ics leak directly to. 173. I put the phone in ap fastboot and just ran the program. Then rooted w the this method. I do not have recovery and dont feel as tho i need it. This works great!

stkiswr

Aug 11, 2010
Does this restore 4g. I used this a few weeks ago and happen to be getting 4g soon but it doesn't appear to be included or I did something wrong.
a6f86b45-a74f-b74c.jpg
thank you for your help. Another member posted a file I can use but i was wondering about this particular utility.

mattlgroff

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 5, 2011
San Diego
Does this restore 4g. I used this a few weeks ago and happen to be getting 4g soon but it doesn't appear to be included or I did something wrong.thank you for your help. Another member posted a file I can use but i was wondering about this particular utility.

In my latest utility it flashes the radio.img again at the end of the process to ensure that 4G will work. If you are good with command line you can do it too. Check out my post from DR:

No radio showing up? Try this.
codextooth, on 08 April 2012 - 08:07 AM, said:
dumb question, how do you flash just the radio.img file? or any single file?
An easy way would be to edit my utility (DroidRazrUtility.bat) to comment out the other lines for flashing the images other than radio.img.
Use notepad and find the section with the Restore to 6.12.173 option.
Put a
::
in front of the other lines and the utility will skip right over them.

For example:
::files\moto-fastboot flash system files\system.img
^^^^
This will not do anything.
After you flash just radio again you can remove the comment lines from the batch file.

Also,
you can use cmd to cd into the /files/ folder and do it from there.
cd Desktop/DroidRazrUtility1.51_ICS_COMPATIBLE/files/
moto-fastboot flash radio radio.img
moto-fastboot reboot

stkiswr

Aug 11, 2010
I found a stock. 173 image and it corrected my issue thank you for this utility as it did fix me getting back from ics

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Droid RAZR Utility 1.51 for WINDOWS

vL0oM.png

This is a FULL recovery to 6.12.173 included. Its compatible with restoring from the ICS leak.

I recommend not running this from the root of the C drive. Users have had issues apparently

Motorola Drivers (If its not working install this.)
    32 Bit Link: http://www.motorola....river_5.4.0.exe
    64 Bit Link: http://goo-inside.me...5.4.0_64bit.msi

Droid RAZR Utility 1.51
    Download link(s)

Torrent: http://www.filefacto...BLE_zip_torrent

Direct Download: http://www.filefacto..._COMPATIBLE_zip

What do these actually do?
    Restore Droid RAZR to 6.12.173 (Fastboot Restore. RSD Lite alternative. Must be in AP Fastboot Mode to do this)
    Gingerbread Root (Roots 2.3.6 and below for Motorola Droids. Have USB Debugging enabled to do this. )
    Unroot (Must be rooted to do this. Have USB Debugging enabled to do this.)
    Install Voodoo&#39;s OTA Rootkeeper App</strong> (Use this app to stay rooted after an OTA. Have USB Debugging enabled to do this.)
    Install Bootstrap Recovery App (Use this to make nandroid backups and flash Roms, themes, or mods. Have USB Debugging enabled to do this. Do not install this AND Safestrap. Pick one.
    Install Safestrap Recovery App (Use this to make nandroid backups and flash Roms, themes, or mods. Have USB Debugging enabled to do this. Can essentially dual boot. NOT RECOMMENDED FOR NEW USERS. Do not install this AND Bootstrap. Pick one.
    Overclock Install (http://www.droidrzr....our-droid-razr/ See coryjohn's guide on Overclocking. Have USB Debugging enabled to do this.)
    System Pull (This is NOT a recovery program or backup program. This is for devs and power users. Have USB Debugging enabled to do this.)
    Droid RAZR Root for ICS 4.0.3 (The GSM ICS leak can be rooted with this. Our ICS may also be.)
    Boot into Fastboot from Debugging (Exactly what it says. Have USB Debugging enabled to do this.)
    Boot Normally from Fastboot (If you are in Fastboot mode you can use this to boot normally)
    Boot into Motorola Recovery from Fastboot (Read above. Exactly what it says it what it does.)
    Boot into Motorola Recovery from Debugging (Have USB Debugging enabled to do this.)
    ADB Shell (A way to more manually control your phone. For power users and devs. Have USB Debugging enabled to do this.)
    Reboot Phone (Have USB Debugging enabled to do this.)
    ---Special Thanks---
    dhacker29 for being very helpful and telling me commands I was blanking on...generally being awesome!
    DroidTh3ory for being very helpful at many times...generally being awesome!

Feel free to donate if you wanna help out (Premium file upload accounts, test devices, etc.)
    Reboot the phone

Dont touch the android

Touch each corner one at a time in the corners

Then press home

Sent from my DROID RAZR using XDA
    That worked great! Thanks!

My issue now is I seemed to have lost my data connection (phone). I can connect to my home wifi but I have no phone service. Any thoughts on how to get that back?

It's a random issue with 1/25 or so fastboots not wiping internal SD card like Motorola wants with the 173 fastboot files. A solution if wiping data and refastbooting doesn't work would be flashing the full 6.12.173 files (found on XDA or in my 1.40 utility). Those do wipe your internal SD though.

Also, the findstr command not found is from you somehow removing C:/system32/ from your PATH in Windows.
    It's how batch finds its basic windows commands. Having system32 as part of your path is kind of...very important o_O

If you flash 173. with the wiping internal SD command taken out, you may experience the no signal issue.

I don't know what you mean by restore, considering this is already a restore process...

Refastbooting is fastbooting...again.

Ok, I figured out the system32 issue and the utility it working good now.

But, I still have a problem with no radio (data). I ran the 1.40 (with the 1.41 PATCH) and it worked great but I still have no radio. The only commands I have run are #1, then I did the motofail and the Bootstrap Recovery.... but still no radio signal. Did I flash the correct utility? If not, could you link it for me?

EDIT: I just looked on my sdcard and saw that installing the 1.41 Utility did not wipe my sdcard. I must not be installing the correct one. I am following the directions by booting into AB Fastboot and then running the 1.40 (with 1.41 patch) Utility.

---------- Post added at 10:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 AM ----------

Maybe I should have ran the 1.4 utility, not the PATCH 1.41. I am going to try that. Wish me luck. lol
    WOW! I'd tried just about everything to root my unbranded Asian (Taiwan) GSM Droid RAZR.

I updated my Moto drivers, ran the bat file, selected option #2, followed the instructions and...Hey Presto...I'm rooted! :D

THANKS SO MUCH! (I'll be donating.)

Chuck

Sent from my XT910 using XDA