[PLACEHOLDER] [01.10.2013] HTC One X+ firmware collection for different CID/MID

Search This thread

mike1986.

sep2.png

This thread is a placeholder for all possible firmwares we can get from HTC OTA's.
Your CID number must be exactly the same. If it's written "HTC__001" it means you can't flash it, if your CID is "02__001". The whole text must match!

Please READ this small F.A.Q. before continuing!
images

What is firmware.zip?
Firmware.zip is a part of each OTA update from HTC. It contains important part of the firmware like radio, bootloader, recovery, kernel etc..

Why it's important to flash firmware.zip and when should I flash it?
It is recommended to have flashed latest firmware on your device for best modem performance and system stability. Sometimes it's necessary to have latest bootloader flashed because otherwise your device might not work well with new system update.

Does firmware.zip contains radio?
Yes, it does contain radio, and for S-ON devices the only method to update radio is to flash latest firmware.zip

Why it's important to flash it before flashing custom ROM?
Because firmware.zip contains boot.img (ramdisk and kernel) that will replace custom boot.img from any custom ROM you have. That's why you have to flash firmware.zip first, because otherwise boot.img will be overwritten with stock one.
If you already flashed firmware.zip after flashing custom ROM, just flash this particular custom ROM again.

Does firmware.zip contains recovery?
Yes, it does contain recovery image, that's why after flashing firmware.zip you will have to flash custom recovery again, to be able to flash custom ROM afterwards.

Can I flash this firmware.zip on any HTC One?
Not if your device is S-ON. To be able to flash it on S-ON device, your modelid (example: PN0710000) and cidnum (example: HTC__001) must match the firmware.zip version you are about to flash.

If my modelid or cidnum doesn't match, can I brick my device if I try to flash firmware.zip anyway?
As long as your device is S-ON flashing firmware.zip with non matching modelid or cidnum will result in error and nothing will be flashed, so there is no risk of brick.

Do I need to have locked, unlocked or relocked bootloader to be able to flash firmware.zip?
Your bootloader needs to be relocked.

If I can't flash newest firmware.zip because of wrong modeid (MID) or cidnum (CID) does it mean I can't use custom ROM based on the latest HTC update?
In most cases you should be able to run any custom ROM as long as hboot update is not mandatory.

What if there is no firmware.zip for my MID/CID?
Try to find latest OTA update for your original stock ROM and send it to me. I will post firmware.zip here.

Downloads.png

x.xx.206.x - O2 UK (United Kingdom)

modelid: PM3511000
cidnum: O2___001
cidnum: O2___102

x.xx.401.x - World Wide English (WWE)

cidnum: HTC__001
cidnum: HTC__E11
cidnum: HTC__102
cidnum: HTC__032
cidnum: HTC__Y13
cidnum: HTC__J15
cidnum: HTC__M27
cidnum: HTC__203
cidnum: HTC__A07
cidnum: HTC__016

How to flash?
(bootloader needs to be relocked)
  1. Re-lock your bootloader (this will most probably wipe content of your device)
  2. Copy downloaded .zip to fastboot.exe location (e.g. c:/SDK/platform-tools/fastboot.exe)
  3. Re-name .zip file to firmware.zip
  4. Open command prompt
  5. Boot your device in fastboot mode (vol down + power ===> fastboot)
  6. Connect device to the PC
  7. In command prompt cd to fastboot.exe location
  8. Make sure you have correct modeid and cidnum (type: fastboot getvar all)
  9. Type: fastboot oem lock (if your device is not relocked yet)
  10. Type: fastboot oem rebootRUU and wait for device to reboot
  11. Type: fastboot flash zip firmware.zip and wait for process to complete
  12. Sometimes flashing for the first time doesn't work, so flash firmware.zip again just to make sure.
  13. Type: fastboot flash zip firmware.zip and wait for process to complete
  14. Type: fastboot reboot
  15. Unlock your bootloader and flash custom recovery if you are going to use custom ROM.

RUUs variants:
Click here

Last edited:

EcRyuKeN

Dec 23, 2009
if i have HBoot 1.35 (1.16.401.6) by HTC, i need install this firmware to install android revolution HD ?

skdubg

Feb 9, 2010
no not open.
must be flashed via fastboot

fastboot oem rebootRUU
fastboot flash zip firmware.zip

ALL related infos in the start post

orfeas

Mar 16, 2008
Patras
OnePlus 7T Pro
thanks for the file.
It gives me the same error though.

When trying to flash in fastboot ruu mode says
C:\fastboot>fastboot flash zip firmware.zip
sending 'zip' (13262 KB)...
OKAY [ 1.679s]
writing 'zip'...
(bootloader) adopting the signature contained in this image...
FAILED (remote: 99 unknown fail)
finished. total time: 2.094s

The file I got from you and from the first link is the same file
your md5: 16D8B672CDD36F1763DE8920339752C6

Last edited:

skdubg

Feb 9, 2010
you must relock your bootloader

fastboot oem lock
fastboot erase cache
fastboot rebootRUU

Reactions: orfeas

orfeas

Mar 16, 2008
Patras
OnePlus 7T Pro
you must relock your bootloader

fastboot oem lock
fastboot erase cache
fastboot rebootRUU
you crazy mfffriend
That was it !!!!

C'mon Mike, please update 1st post, I was stuck for couple of hours...

ok I re-Unlocked using the same token Unlock_code.bin from htc-dev from the 1st time
ok I then flashed Recovery
one more question pal
How do I get the rom zip inside my wiped SD ?
(Recovery gone as well)

Last edited:

DesireHDFreak

CID

Hallo mike,

I managed to unpack the firmware.zip with jZip without any errors. I Investigated the files and I found the following code in the hboot_1.35.0000_signedbyaa.img file (see screenshot).

It seems that the firmware maybe could be flashed to a lot more cids. Maybe the android-info.txt file is responsible for what cids could be flashed cause there are only the following cid listed.

Code:
mainver: 1.16.401.6
btype:1
aareport:1
hbootpreupdate:12
RadioVer: 3.1204.168.32
erasebcid: 1

Is it possible to enhance the android-info.txt file like the one following (I got O2___102), repack it to firmware.zip and then flash it?

Code:
mainver: 1.16.401.6
btype:1
aareport:1
hbootpreupdate:12
RadioVer: 3.1204.168.32
erasebcid: 1

I don't want to brick my phone so thats why I ask before.

Thanks

Attachments

• cids.jpg
    cids.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 565

mike1986.

Hallo mike,

I managed to unpack the firmware.zip with jZip without any errors. I Investigated the files and I found the following code in the hboot_1.35.0000_signedbyaa.img file (see screenshot).

It seems that the firmware maybe could be flashed to a lot more cids. Maybe the android-info.txt file is responsible for what cids could be flashed cause there are only the following cid listed.

Is it possible to enhance the android-info.txt file like the one following (I got O2___102), repack it to firmware.zip and then flash it?

I don't want to brick my phone so thats why I ask before.

Thanks

Well, you can unpack firmware.zip with any compression tool like winrar, 7zip, winzip or linux tools, no problem. Also you can't change the CID's list because this will break firmware.zip signatures and it wont be possible to flash it.

ForceField

Nov 29, 2008
Beirut
Hello,just a warning

The firmware link in the OP takes to the hboot 1.36 of the HOX

Just UnRAR the firmware.zip package and you will notice that

Please Fix

Last edited:

ShadowSide

Nov 22, 2012
what is the framwar update gives to my phone?

better speed ? better battrey

im new on undroids ]=

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

sep2.png

This thread is a placeholder for all possible firmwares we can get from HTC OTA's.
    Your CID number must be exactly the same. If it's written "HTC__001" it means you can't flash it, if your CID is "02__001". The whole text must match!

Please READ this small F.A.Q. before continuing!
    images

What is firmware.zip?
    Firmware.zip is a part of each OTA update from HTC. It contains important part of the firmware like radio, bootloader, recovery, kernel etc..

Why it's important to flash firmware.zip and when should I flash it?
    It is recommended to have flashed latest firmware on your device for best modem performance and system stability. Sometimes it's necessary to have latest bootloader flashed because otherwise your device might not work well with new system update.

Does firmware.zip contains radio?
    Yes, it does contain radio, and for S-ON devices the only method to update radio is to flash latest firmware.zip

Why it's important to flash it before flashing custom ROM?
    Because firmware.zip contains boot.img (ramdisk and kernel) that will replace custom boot.img from any custom ROM you have. That's why you have to flash firmware.zip first, because otherwise boot.img will be overwritten with stock one.
    If you already flashed firmware.zip after flashing custom ROM, just flash this particular custom ROM again.

Does firmware.zip contains recovery?
    Yes, it does contain recovery image, that's why after flashing firmware.zip you will have to flash custom recovery again, to be able to flash custom ROM afterwards.

Can I flash this firmware.zip on any HTC One?
    Not if your device is S-ON. To be able to flash it on S-ON device, your modelid (example: PN0710000) and cidnum (example: HTC__001) must match the firmware.zip version you are about to flash.

If my modelid or cidnum doesn't match, can I brick my device if I try to flash firmware.zip anyway?
    As long as your device is S-ON flashing firmware.zip with non matching modelid or cidnum will result in error and nothing will be flashed, so there is no risk of brick.

Do I need to have locked, unlocked or relocked bootloader to be able to flash firmware.zip?
    Your bootloader needs to be relocked.

If I can't flash newest firmware.zip because of wrong modeid (MID) or cidnum (CID) does it mean I can't use custom ROM based on the latest HTC update?
    In most cases you should be able to run any custom ROM as long as hboot update is not mandatory.

What if there is no firmware.zip for my MID/CID?
    Try to find latest OTA update for your original stock ROM and send it to me. I will post firmware.zip here.

Downloads.png

x.xx.206.x - O2 UK (United Kingdom)

x.xx.401.x - World Wide English (WWE)

How to flash?
    (bootloader needs to be relocked)
    1. Re-lock your bootloader (this will most probably wipe content of your device)
    2. Copy downloaded .zip to fastboot.exe location (e.g. c:/SDK/platform-tools/fastboot.exe)
    3. Re-name .zip file to firmware.zip
    4. Open command prompt
    5. Boot your device in fastboot mode (vol down + power ===> fastboot)
    6. Connect device to the PC
    7. In command prompt cd to fastboot.exe location
    8. Make sure you have correct modeid and cidnum (type: fastboot getvar all)
    9. Type: fastboot oem lock (if your device is not relocked yet)
    10. Type: fastboot oem rebootRUU and wait for device to reboot
    11. Type: fastboot flash zip firmware.zip and wait for process to complete
    12. Sometimes flashing for the first time doesn't work, so flash firmware.zip again just to make sure.
    13. Type: fastboot flash zip firmware.zip and wait for process to complete
    14. Type: fastboot reboot
    15. Unlock your bootloader and flash custom recovery if you are going to use custom ROM.

RUUs variants:
    Click here
    Mike,

OTA Update 1.17.401.3 brings a new firmware (hboot 1.40.0000) for European CID
    hey how can I check my CID ?
    It is not written in HBOOT nor in Hardware Information

[UPDATE] OK got it cid getter
    3rd command correct is:
    Code:
    fastboot oem rebootRUU
    4th command: please chack you got the file correctly
    firmware with HBOOT 1.35 12.9MB MD5: 16D8B672CDD36F1763DE8920339752C6