[Q] HTC Incredible S Stuck on HTC Logo

Search This thread

Eshthedrummer

Feb 23, 2013
eshanthaperera.wix.com
Hey guys, so this is my first post here on XDA, and being totally honest I am a complete noob who has no idea what technical terms mean. Terms like S-Off and H-Boot are all Greek to me. :/

Ok so I have an Incredible S which came with a custom ICS Rom. But since there's an official rom from HTC Dev I downloaded that, connected my phone to HTC Sync and ran the exe file. Everything went fine, the progress bar went on, but after the setup on my pc said that it was completed the phone just seems to be stuck on the HTC white screen. It was that was for over an hour and I knew something had gone wrong.
The rom that I downloaded was the NAM one.

I know how to get into the bootloader screen (power and volume down) and these are what I see there:
VIVO PVT **** S-OFF RL
HBOOT-6.13.1002
RADIO-3831.19.00.19_M
eMMC-boot
Apr 1 2011,18:34:39

I thought I got a corrupted rom or something so I downloaded the WWE rom from HTC Dev as well, but when I extracted the rar file it's a whole load of folders and files I don't even know how to use, unlike the earlier NAM file which was a simple exe. What worries me more is that I have no idea how to even connect the phone to my USB and get a rom inside the SD card so I could flash it through the bootloader.
I went through so many threads on this forum but like I said, I don't really understand all the techy terms. :/
Many apologies, but I'd really appreciate a walkthrough on how I can get my phone to work again.
Present status with the phone is that it won't get past the HTC logo screen and won't connect to the computer.

Please help!
Thank you!

tpbklake

Aug 1, 2007
Hey guys, so this is my first post here on XDA, and being totally honest I am a complete noob who has no idea what technical terms mean. Terms like S-Off and H-Boot are all Greek to me. :/

Ok so I have an Incredible S which came with a custom ICS Rom. But since there's an official rom from HTC Dev I downloaded that, connected my phone to HTC Sync and ran the exe file. Everything went fine, the progress bar went on, but after the setup on my pc said that it was completed the phone just seems to be stuck on the HTC white screen. It was that was for over an hour and I knew something had gone wrong.

I know how to get into the bootloader screen (power and volume down) and these are what I see there:
VIVO PVT **** S-OFF RL
HBOOT-6.13.1002
RADIO-3831.19.00.19_M
eMMC-boot

I thought I got a corrupted rom or something so I downloaded the WWE rom from HTC Dev as well, but when I extracted the rar file it's a whole load of folders and files I don't even know how to use, unlike the earlier NAM file which was a simple exe. What worries me more is that I have no idea how to even connect the phone to my USB and get a rom inside the SD card so I could flash it through the bootloader.
I went through so many threads on this forum but like I said, I don't really understand all the techy terms. :/
Many apologies, but I'd really appreciate a walkthrough on how I can get my phone to work again.
Present status with the phone is that it won't get past the HTC logo screen and won't connect to the computer.

Please help!
Thank you!

Your phone has the Revolutionary S-OFF HBOOT which is preventing the WWE RUU from running successfully. At this point, you have the new ROM installed, but it requires the stock HTC ICS HBOOT be in place to boot and run, thus the reason the phone gets hung at the HTC screen.

I suggest you reinstall a custom recovery such as 4EXT and then install mike1986's ARHD ROM. This is based on the latest HTC ICS ROM that you have attempted to install, but has a number of performance tweaks.

Reactions: poondog

Jan 5, 2013
Your phone has the Revolutionary S-OFF HBOOT which is preventing the WWE RUU from running successfully. At this point, you have the new ROM installed, but it requires the stock HTC ICS HBOOT be in place to boot and run, thus the reason the phone gets hung at the HTC screen.

I suggest you reinstall a custom recovery such as 4EXT and then install mike1986's ARHD ROM. This is based on the latest HTC ICS ROM that you have attempted to install, but has a number of performance tweaks.

Will you not need Blackrose HBOOT as well?

prettylothario

Aug 27, 2013
Follow Up: Reinstall Recovery

Hi tpbklake,

So I am new to this as well so bare with me. I have the exact same problem (WWE RUU not running because of Revolutionary S-OFF HBOOT) however I'm not sure how to go about implementing your solution. You see, I can open the bootloader however I can't get past it. Fastboot doesn't do anything for me. What can I do to get past this problem?

tpbklake

Aug 1, 2007
Hi tpbklake,

So I am new to this as well so bare with me. I have the exact same problem (WWE RUU not running because of Revolutionary S-OFF HBOOT) however I'm not sure how to go about implementing your solution. You see, I can open the bootloader however I can't get past it. Fastboot doesn't do anything for me. What can I do to get past this problem?

Do you have HTC Sync and the associated drivers installed on your PC? What OS are you running? It sounds like a driver issue to me.

prettylothario

Aug 27, 2013
Drivers

Do you have HTC Sync and the associated drivers installed on your PC? What OS are you running? It sounds like a driver issue to me.

I do have HTC Sync and I do have the HTC drivers installed. I'm running Windows 7. The problem is that HTC Sync nor my computer cant locate the device because the phone doesn't go past the bootloader screen. If I try to start the phone normally or in recovery mode it just freezes at the white htc screen.

tpbklake

Aug 1, 2007
I do have HTC Sync and I do have the HTC drivers installed. I'm running Windows 7. The problem is that HTC Sync nor my computer cant locate the device because the phone doesn't go past the bootloader screen. If I try to start the phone normally or in recovery mode it just freezes at the white htc screen.

OK, remove HTC Sync, but leave the HTC drivers installed.

Boot the phone into bootloader and then then select FASTBOOT from the HBOOT menu.

Then connect your phone with the USB cable and the phone menu should change to FASTBOOT USB.

Once you get that far, you should be able to flash a custom recovery using the command

fastboot flash recovery [name of the recovery.img file]

You should download the recovery.img file to your PC and put it in the same directory where you have the adb.exe and fastboot.exe.

prettylothario

Aug 27, 2013
THANK YOU

Boot the phone into bootloader and then then select FASTBOOT from the HBOOT menu.

Then connect your phone with the USB cable and the phone menu should change to FASTBOOT USB.

Once you get that far, you should be able to flash a custom recovery using the command

You should download the recovery.img file to your PC and put it in the same directory where you have the adb.exe and fastboot.exe.

Thank you! Your directions worked perfectly. Much appreciated! :good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi tpbklake,

VIVO PVT **** S-OFF RL
    HBOOT-6.13.1002
    RADIO-3831.19.00.19_M
    eMMC-boot

Please help!
    Thank you!

Will you not need Blackrose HBOOT as well?

Possibly. Although mike1986 has listed it on previous versions as being a requirement, it has run perfectly fine on Revolutionary HBOOT 6.13.