[Solved] [WiFi NVRAM WARNING: ERR 0x10]

Search This thread

rajenpurohit

Jan 29, 2008
Ahmedabad
Updated as on May 04, 2013 sharing working solution

At the first of this post, I would like to give full CREDIT of this solution to 'Nishroy' on whose post I have developed this step-by-step guide. I have used the same on my A110 and sharing the steps that I have followed.

Prerequisites:
On Mobile : i) it must be rooted ii) it must have root file explorer installed (i used 'Total Commander' - you can download it from Play store).
On Computer (Desktop/Laptop) : A stable Hex Editor Application. I used 'HxD - Hexeditor Ver. 1.7.7.0' on my laptop running on Windows 8 64 Bit OS.

Step wise Guide

Step # 1 : Switch on WiFi adapter on your phone.
Step # 2 : Go to 'About Phone' from Settings and note your phone's Wi-Fi MAC Address mentioned there. It should lok like xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx (xx = value of Mac Add.)
Step # 3 : Switch off WiFi adapter on your phone
Step # 5 : Launch 'Total Commander' application on your phone and navigate to File system root/data/nvram/APCFG/APRDEB and copy one file named 'WIFI' from there to the SD Card of your phone
Step # 6 : Copy this file i.e. WIFI from your SD card to Desktop on your laptop/desktop
Step # 7 : Launch 'HxD-Hexeditor' on your laptop/desktop and click on OPEN or Ctrl+O and select WIFI file (copied as per Step # 6) from desktop
Step # 8 : Refer to the first raw in the opened file and go to column no. 04
Step # 9 : Insert value of your actual MAC Address (as per Step # 2) in column 04 to 09 (Ensure that none of the value is ZERO) and SAVE this change
Step # 10 : Close Hexeditor and copy changed WIFI file from your desktop to the SD card of your phone. Delete older WIFI file from SD Card before copying this file.
Step # 11 : Once the file is copied to SD card, launch Total Commander application and move this file from SD card root to File system root/data/nvram/APCFG/APRDEB
Step # 12 : Reboot your phone

Voillaaaa! Your phone's WiFi NVRAM Error is gone now. Yes, you solved it.

Please share here in this thread if you find any difficulties or problems in following these steps.

Wishing all an NVRAM Err Free MMX A110

Last edited:

syedibr

Mar 21, 2013
Hi All,

Good news... I am able to solve this NVRAM error i.e. NVRAM WARNING: ERR 0x10
Just follow these steps and hopefully it should work for your phone also.

Prerequisites:
(i) you have a backup of valid IMEI of your phone (both sim slot).
(ii) you have a rooted phone.
(iii) you have one stable file explorer installed on your phone that can access system files.
(iv) you have nvram folder created and visible in your phone (Ideally there are Three folders + Two files. Folders are named as 'APCFG', 'dm', 'md' and Files are named as 'BackupFlag', 'RestoreFlag')

Step # 1: Download the attached RAR file and extract it to your computer. You will find two files in it.
Step # 2: Copy these two files (extracted) to your SD card
Step # 3: Navigate to system\data\nvram\APCFG\APRDEB (You will find two files here 'WIFI' and 'WIFI_CUSTOM')
Step # 4: Replace both these files with the attached ones.
Step # 5: Reboot your phone and ENJOY :good::good::good:

Please let me know if you find it working for you.

Don't forget to click on Thanks button if you find this helpful.

Worked perfectly for my MMX A110. God bless and thank you.

syedibr

Mar 21, 2013
MMX A110 IMEI Problem

have u solved the problem imei being changed. and brother after jellybean update the volume is too low when talking using handset. any solution for that?

DO NOT CHANGE ANY OTHER DATA EXCEPT MENTION BELOW, OR ANY UNHAPPY THING CAN HAPPEN LIKE DEAD PHONE ETC. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR IT.

Micromax A110 IMEI can be found on the box or under side after removing the cover and battery you can find a sticker attached to the phone which has both IMEI numbers.

1- Rooted MTK 6577/6575 Smartphone
2- Mobile Uncle Tools from Google play store.
3- Install it and goto Engineer Mode
4- Select Engineer mode[MTK]
5- Under Connectivity Tab go to CDS information
6- Select Radio Information
7- Select Phone1 (for the first imei)
8- at the top there is a command line which begins “AT+” just type there “AT +EGMR=1,7,”IMEI_1″ (instead of IMEI_1 put your first imei number)
9- hit send command
10- You will / may get a confirmation that "sent to mSend".
11-Now come back and select “Phone2″
12-at the top there is a command line which begins “AT+” just type there “AT +EGMR=1,10,”IMEI_2″ (instead of IMEI_2 put your second imei number)
13-Then just reboot the phone.
14-Dial ” *#06#” to Check Imei.

Majkl007

Jan 6, 2011
Brno
Hi, the guide from 1st post doesn't work for me. There is still wifi named NVRAM warning err.... And all this guides are not permanent. After installing new rom (wipe all) you have to restore IMEI and all other once more. Do you know some solution to fix it permanently (as a new phone)?
Thanks for respose.

Jan 28, 2013
same

Hi, the guide from 1st post doesn't work for me. There is still wifi named NVRAM warning err.... And all this guides are not permanent. After installing new rom (wipe all) you have to restore IMEI and all other once more. Do you know some solution to fix it permanently (as a new phone)?
Thanks for respose.

Same is happening with my phone. Mobile uncle tool not working

mani317

May 10, 2013
Thanks for respose.

Same problem i m also facing after using above solution. problem not yet solved. plz help

Reactions: EXEQUIELN

hypergamer1231

Jan 23, 2011
Mumbai
www.youtube.com

At the first of this post, I would like to give full CREDIT of this solution to 'Nishroy' on whose post I have developed this step-by-step guide. I have used the same on my A110 and sharing the steps that I have followed.

Prerequisites:
On Mobile : i) it must be rooted ii) it must have root file explorer installed (i used 'Total Commander' - you can download it from Play store).
On Computer (Desktop/Laptop) : A stable Hex Editor Application. I used 'HxD - Hexeditor Ver. 1.7.7.0' on my laptop running on Windows 8 64 Bit OS.

Step wise Guide

Step # 2 : Go to 'About Phone' from Settings and note your phone's Wi-Fi MAC Address mentioned there. It should lok like xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx (xx = value of Mac Add.)
Step # 5 : Launch 'Total Commander' application on your phone and navigate to File system root/data/nvram/APCFG/APRDEB and copy one file named 'WIFI' from there to the SD Card of your phone
Step # 6 : Copy this file i.e. WIFI from your SD card to Desktop on your laptop/desktop
Step # 7 : Launch 'HxD-Hexeditor' on your laptop/desktop and click on OPEN or Ctrl+O and select WIFI file (copied as per Step # 6) from desktop
Step # 9 : Insert value of your actual MAC Address (as per Step # 2) in column 04 to 09 (Ensure that none of the value is ZERO) and SAVE this change
Step # 10 : Close Hexeditor and copy changed WIFI file from your desktop to the SD card of your phone. Delete older WIFI file from SD Card before copying this file.
Step # 11 : Once the file is copied to SD card, launch Total Commander application and move this file from SD card root to File system root/data/nvram/APCFG/APRDEB

Please share here in this thread if you find any difficulties or problems in following these steps.

cheers works on canvas hd running jellybean 4.2.1 official

Hitman

Dec 14, 2012
Gurugram
permanent solution

hello friends finally I have find a permanent solution for the problem of both wifi and imei.

here is the procedure .
step 1: download sn_write_station tool

step 2: extract stock jelly bean ROM in a folder

step 3: open sn_write_station and select smart phone instead of feature phone

step 4: select modem image and ap image in the folder where you extract the ROM .

step 5: now select wifi Mac address in function

step 6: now select start it will ask you for wifi Mac . enter the Mac address without ":" and press enter.

step 7: now switch off your phone and connect it to PC it will take 5 to 10 seconds to complete the processing.

disconnect the phone and start.....that's it ....so far ...no error...

mani317

May 10, 2013
hello friends finally I have find a permanent solution for the problem of both wifi and imei.

here is the procedure .
step 1: download sn_write_station tool

step 2: extract stock jelly bean ROM in a folder

step 3: open sn_write_station and select smart phone instead of feature phone

step 4: select modem image and ap image in the folder where you extract the ROM .

step 5: now select wifi Mac address in function

step 6: now select start it will ask you for wifi Mac . enter the Mac address without ":" and press enter.

step 7: now switch off your phone and connect it to PC it will take 5 to 10 seconds to complete the processing.

disconnect the phone and start.....that's it ....so far ...no error...

Thanks but not working...

Whenever pop up for Mac address appears... U cannot input any alphabet or number...so how to proceed....???

Tried so many times always failed...

Sent from my I9500 using xda premium

Hitman

Dec 14, 2012
Gurugram
Did you select smart phone option?
try to select correct modem IMG an ap file. Then try, I have successfully solved the problem. And remember connect your phone in switched off mode only after selecting start option.:eek:

Sent from my Micromax A110 using xda premium

obhidwkr

Feb 26, 2013
Did you select smart phone option?
try to select correct modem IMG an ap file. Then try, I have successfully solved the problem. And remember connect your phone in switched off mode only after selecting start option.:eek:

Sent from my Micromax A110 using xda premium
Bro kind request to u plzz provide me the app database file plzz

Sent from my MICROMAX A110 using xda premium

Last edited:

samthechamp

May 25, 2013
Hi, are u able to run sn write tool on win 7??

Sent from my Micromax A116 using xda app-developers app

Jeewan Deep

Jun 2, 2013
kolkata
miCROMAX a110 imei ND wifi ISSUE

Prerequisites:

Step wise Guide

Is this a permanent solution ...:confused:

Jeewan Deep

Jun 2, 2013
kolkata
MIcromax A110 IMEI

Thanks but not working...

Whenever pop up for Mac address appears... U cannot input any alphabet or number...so how to proceed....???

Tried so many times always failed...

Sent from my I9500 using xda premium

Dude.. i have the tool nd i was doing it for IMEI.... I setthe WRITE IMEI then SMART PHONE then USB VCOM then DUEL IMEI AND LOCK IMEI then META MODE then SELECTED MY JB STOCK ROM MODE AND AP DATABASE.. then when i started it it asked for IMEI (I typed it in) then connect with target.. here when i connected my handset on switch off mode it gave a message Eboot warning... comm port dosnt exist... or cnt sync the phone.... why is this msg cming up and what is it saying... and i want to know the proper way of calibrating MX A110..

---------- Post added at 10:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 AM ----------

what does (da dl all with checksum) do in sp flash tool as this helped me unbrick my android .... what is purpose of being in SP Flash tool....????

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Prerequisites:

Step wise Guide

Hi All,

Good news... I am able to solve this NVRAM error i.e. NVRAM WARNING: ERR 0x10
    Just follow these steps and hopefully it should work for your phone also.

Prerequisites:
    (i) you have a backup of valid IMEI of your phone (both sim slot).
    (ii) you have a rooted phone.
    (iii) you have one stable file explorer installed on your phone that can access system files.
    (iv) you have nvram folder created and visible in your phone (Ideally there are Three folders + Two files. Folders are named as 'APCFG', 'dm', 'md' and Files are named as 'BackupFlag', 'RestoreFlag')

Step # 1: Download the attached RAR file and extract it to your computer. You will find two files in it.
    Step # 2: Copy these two files (extracted) to your SD card
    Step # 3: Navigate to system\data\nvram\APCFG\APRDEB (You will find two files here 'WIFI' and 'WIFI_CUSTOM')
    Step # 4: Replace both these files with the attached ones.
    Step # 5: Reboot your phone and ENJOY :good::good::good:

Please let me know if you find it working for you.

Don't forget to click on Thanks button if you find this helpful.

Worked perfectly for my MMX A110. God bless and thank you.
    MMX A110 IMEI Problem

have u solved the problem imei being changed. and brother after jellybean update the volume is too low when talking using handset. any solution for that?

DO NOT CHANGE ANY OTHER DATA EXCEPT MENTION BELOW, OR ANY UNHAPPY THING CAN HAPPEN LIKE DEAD PHONE ETC. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR IT.

Micromax A110 IMEI can be found on the box or under side after removing the cover and battery you can find a sticker attached to the phone which has both IMEI numbers.

1- Rooted MTK 6577/6575 Smartphone
    2- Mobile Uncle Tools from Google play store.
    3- Install it and goto Engineer Mode
    4- Select Engineer mode[MTK]
    5- Under Connectivity Tab go to CDS information
    6- Select Radio Information
    7- Select Phone1 (for the first imei)
    8- at the top there is a command line which begins “AT+” just type there “AT +EGMR=1,7,”IMEI_1″ (instead of IMEI_1 put your first imei number)
    9- hit send command
    10- You will / may get a confirmation that "sent to mSend".
    11-Now come back and select “Phone2″
    12-at the top there is a command line which begins “AT+” just type there “AT +EGMR=1,10,”IMEI_2″ (instead of IMEI_2 put your second imei number)
    13-Then just reboot the phone.
    14-Dial ” *#06#” to Check Imei.
    correcting nvram wifi errors....

i did what earlier posts said, but everytime i get the same error. smtimes 0x04 , ox10 , 0x12

and here is the way i corrected it.

my wifi chip: MT6628 v1.9 (learned from engineering mode MTK) it has a MTK6589 cpu bytheway.

no mather what you did with the WIFI file you have to correct the permissions after copying them to their folder in nvram.

woking WIFI file permissions for me is:

Permissions: -rw-rw----
    UID: 1010 wifi
    GID: 9997 nvram

no errors after reboot.

Try this also...
    The final step

guys, because after reboot the system will change automatically the wifi MAC address, to make permanent the solution of this guide you have just to set permission of the WIFI file (root/data/nvram/APCFC/APRDEB/) in read only (-r--r-----).
    It doesn't matter if your MAC have one hex couple with "00", it work anyway.

PS. This NVRAM error seems caused by the permission of writing, that allow system to set this WIFI file (row #4 to #9) with MAC 00:00:00:00:00:00 every time you reboot or upgrade firmware.

hope this can help you