Hi to all. Help is needed with T-Mobile moto x..

Search This thread

mazubo

Jun 24, 2011
OnePlus 8
Hi everyone,

Ever since getting this T-Mobile moto x, I have been having issues with bad reception, and calls not coming through, but instead going straight to voice mail. I've heard that there might be an issue with calls/texts coming through while on WiFi?
I was wondering if flashing a new modem or radio would help the situation.. If it means anything I'm using the bell network in Vancouver BC. These problems usually happen when the reception is at about 2 bars..

Any help here would be truly appreciated...suggestions or anything!
Cheers,

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk 2

Steve-x

Sep 28, 2013
Langley, BC
I've not heard of any issues receiving calls when on wifi. I know several people with Moto X's in the lower mainland, none have any issues. The RF performance is outstanding on this phone. Of course we all have XT1058s and not the XT1053 but it should make no difference as they are using the same bands for calling here.
Have you tried a different phone in the same area?
Have you made any mods to your phone at all?
Have you tried resetting it to default?

Reactions: mazubo

mazubo

Jun 24, 2011
OnePlus 8
I've not heard of any issues receiving calls when on wifi. I know several people with Moto X's in the lower mainland, none have any issues. The RF performance is outstanding on this phone. Of course we all have XT1058s and not the XT1053 but it should make no difference as they are using the same bands for calling here.

Hey there,
Yes moto is usually outstanding and I actually get great connectivity all over the greater Vancouver area. I had the Fido moto x with no issues prior to the T-Mobile version. That's why I'm thinking to flash the rogers/Fido radio firmware (cannot find it in the forums) or somehow flash a different baseband..

I'm on stock T-Mobile ROM, and have just recently flashed faux123's kernel with no change in reception.

I usually miss the calls while at home. Its a funny situation for sure...

Steve-x

Sep 28, 2013
Langley, BC
You can try a different modem but with the release of 4.4.2 using the incorrect modem often doesn't work at all.
I know of one area in Surrey where you can have 2 bars of signal with HSPA and your phone isn't likely to ring if you're with Telus/Koodo/Bell/Virgin(same network). The problem is that the providers weren't allowed to put up a higher tower so the area is just overloaded.

The 2 bars of signal you do have is that with LTE or HSPA?

mazubo

Jun 24, 2011
OnePlus 8
You can try a different modem but with the release of 4.4.2 using the incorrect modem often doesn't work at all.
I know of one area in Surrey where you can have 2 bars of signal with HSPA and your phone isn't likely to ring if you're with Telus/Koodo/Bell/Virgin(same network). The problem is that the providers weren't allowed to put up a higher tower so the area is just overloaded.

It's with LTE. As I'm not sure what should be done here... I've tried to find forums with flash able modems...have you found any? Cheers,

Steve-x

Sep 28, 2013
Langley, BC
You can download the full flash images here:

http://sbf.droid-developers.org/phone.php?device=0

Unzip the files to find the actual modem image.

From what I have seen(and when I have done it) when flashing a modem you should generally also flash the fsg.mbn and erase two other files/partitions like this:

fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
fastboot erase modemst1
fastboot erase modemst2
fastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

You can download the full flash images here:

http://sbf.droid-developers.org/phone.php?device=0

Unzip the files to find the actual modem image.

From what I have seen(and when I have done it) when flashing a modem you should generally also flash the fsg.mbn and erase two other files/partitions like this:

fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
    fastboot erase modemst1
    fastboot erase modemst2
    fastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn