(HELP). Random freeze and reboot.

Search This thread

nkewk

Aug 22, 2010
I got the S3 with Revoulution HD S5 (smartdroid) ROM with boeffla kernel.
Lately ive been getting random freezes just in the middle of doing nothing with my phone, it just freezes and then goes to reboot, while its trying to reboot it bootloops. With that i mean its trying to reboot then screen goes black and then it tries to reboot again.. Then i have to pull the battery out and insert it again and it works (for some time.)

So my question is how can i fix this and what is the problem? Ive read some posts saying that it could be the firmware? Well i have read alot of other posts but never really find any good soulution so please HELP!

/nkewk!

Jumaqidi

Dec 3, 2013
Can u get into recovery or download mode?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

boomboomer

Jun 30, 2010
Flash the latest official stock rom with odin, factory reset then test before you install or restore anything.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

boomboomer

Jun 30, 2010
If it still freezes and reboots on stock then you have bad memory blocks in your nand memory.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

KSKHH

Dec 28, 2012
i unrooted/went back to stock, then i rooted and flashed a new rom. Everything without a problem. I have only got 1 random reboot so far.. more suggestions??

Change your Kernel. I am using Revolution S5 without any issue. Better install LiteGX kernel. Do not play with Kernel if your knowledge is less. LiteGX is just a plug & play Kernel.

Dumbass7

Mar 13, 2013
I got the same issue.
I´m on it. I will try latest official. You should check if your emmc chip is possible broken. Just load the app emmc check and google about "SDS S3"

I´ll post a solution if i can get it solved.
Greetings Dumbass

nkewk

Aug 22, 2010
Change your Kernel. I am using Revolution S5 without any issue. Better install LiteGX kernel. Do not play with Kernel if your knowledge is less. LiteGX is just a plug & play Kernel.

just 1 reboot today.. I use boeffla, i dont really understand why it wouldnt work with boeffla..

nkewk

Aug 22, 2010
I got the same issue.
I´m on it. I will try latest official. You should check if your emmc chip is possible broken. Just load the app emmc check and google about "SDS S3"

I´ll post a solution if i can get it solved.
Greetings Dumbass

after unrooting, and then rooting and reflashing the same rom again, i have only gotten 1 reboot today.. maybe its the battery ?