LG G2 D802 Screen Problem!

Search This thread

Demitha

Aug 12, 2014
Guys im using a LG G2 D802,and i got a problem with the screen, when im using the phone the screen turns black sometimes,phone is on and the touch is working, i can hear clicks and everything but the screen is black,after a restart it works sometimes, and sometimes its restarting with the black screen, why is this happening ? please help me out.

Best Wishes

Last edited:

klemenSLO

Feb 9, 2012
Guys im using a LG G2 D802,and i got a problem with the screen, when im using the phone the screen turns black sometimes,phone is on and the touch is working, i can hear clicks and everything but the screen is black,after a restart it works sometimes, and sometimes its restarting with the black screen, why is this happening ? please help me out.

Best Wishes

ROM version?, kernel version?

Reactions: Demitha

Demitha

Aug 12, 2014
Any one here who can help me? im desparate, never did spend this much money for a phone before :/ now its in bad shape, please help me out guys :rolleyes:

Thanks

NerdFurgison

Jul 22, 2012
You may need to flash a kernel that matches your display. G2 is made with 2 different panels and if your kernel is using one and not the other you will have an issue like this. Did this start happening after using autorec by any chance?

Demitha

Aug 12, 2014
You may need to flash a kernel that matches your display. G2 is made with 2 different panels and if your kernel is using one and not the other you will have an issue like this. Did this start happening after using autorec by any chance?

dont remember anything call autorec mate, anyways, the problem didn't appear today, i wonder why ,hope this stay this way, or i may have to replace the screen? :crying:

Demitha

Aug 12, 2014

wulsic

Aug 21, 2013
Nijmegen
OnePlus 8 Pro
done resetting , still have the problem, i got no warranty

Well your situation sucks then ;p do you see the LG boot logo or even that not? can you try to maybe flash KDZ after you have backed up all your data but i guess you need to do that blindly or you need to have LG OSP(on screen phone) idk or you are able to blindly enable it but maybe you should see like an LG G2 review whereyou can see the settings app so you can enable the things you need to get On screen phone working.

Demitha

Aug 12, 2014
guys i still have this problem, any one there who can help me? you guys thin think this is software related ? i sure hope so :| can i try a custom rom ? i never installed a rom before :/

masteril

Nov 30, 2012
grrrrrrrrrrrr, i hate LG , why didn i buy a galaxy s4 :( ,never had any problem with samsung before

Believe me samsung is no better.
My gf have s4 and she hate it lol.
1 time cracked screen for no reason.
And 1 time screen just stop working.
2 times the screen replaced.warranty is not accepted in the first time..nightsleep=corner of the screen cracked=samsung say its her fault lol...so no...samsung is the same rubbish.only the gps is better.the battery life is horrible and first A rev of batterys is faulty and replaced by warranty.so as i said s4 same rubbish and even worse.much worse.

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Demitha

Aug 12, 2014
Demitha do you see the lg logo on boot or is that also black?

its also black mate, if it restart with logo,screen stays on, if it dont start with logo its just black display, i kinda love this phone, good camera, amazing battery life,but this problem driving me crazy. screen tend to go black when i use the phone for 20 mins or so :eek:

JuDRuNK

Nov 6, 2010
screen connection problem

hi buddy,
I have the same problem and i think it's a connection issue.
In my case the screen sometimes goes off or changes color intensity or inverse color.
the solution is to knock on the lower side of the screen and it turn on correctly.
firstable it happends rarely but with the time it's comming very annoying.
now just holding the phone hardly or connecting the headphones or charger the screen goes ****ing itself and i have to knock severly or push it to resuscitate it.
i'm thinking in opening the device and look the connections to solve it.

Janises

Jun 3, 2014
I had similar issue with my previous phone. But I had something like few points where I had to press to get backlight working again, eventually it stopped functioning at all.
As I found out, screen cable was damaged and I figured out that it had been due to dropping the phone or other kind of mechanical damage.

In case if you don't have a warranty or something, my suggestion is to open back-cover and check if you can find anything that is wrong with screen cables. But in worst case scenario it is due to faulty motherboard.

tarkil

Jan 31, 2012
Hong Kong
This happened to me few weeks ago, definntely hardware related.
I tried to open my phone and check stuff around, but I'm no expert, and couldn't find anything weird.
So I ended buying a new G2.... :rolleyes:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Best Wishes

ROM version?, kernel version?
    Try resetting to factory defaults. If the issue persists, return it for warranty service.
    done resetting , still have the problem, i got no warranty

Well your situation sucks then ;p do you see the LG boot logo or even that not? can you try to maybe flash KDZ after you have backed up all your data but i guess you need to do that blindly or you need to have LG OSP(on screen phone) idk or you are able to blindly enable it but maybe you should see like an LG G2 review whereyou can see the settings app so you can enable the things you need to get On screen phone working.
    @Demitha I am not sure since it can be both hardware and software problems which can cause a blackscreen.