[ROM] (2/28/13) NANDROID Restore Stock FR 2.22 V10f / GB 2.33 V21e and 2.34 V21y

Search This thread

buddahlou

Aug 11, 2010
Florida
Sorry for posting in the wrong section but i screwed up and need a hand here :-/

I tried screwing with the Framework.apk and stuff when i reboot the phone i'm just in a constant boot loop i only installed the Rom manager recovery so i can't accses my back up i come from the Vibrant and i ODINed a crap load of times id there any way i can do it with NVflash????????

Any help will be greatly appreciated

TGA_Gunnman

Feb 5, 2010
Dallas, Texas
Sorry for posting in the wrong section but i screwed up and need a hand here :-/

I tried screwing with the Framework.apk and stuff when i reboot the phone i'm just in a constant boot loop i only installed the Rom manager recovery so i can't accses my back up i come from the Vibrant and i ODINed a crap load of times id there any way i can do it with NVflash????????

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Do This:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1044326

To install clockwork recovery.

Then follow my post on this thread to do a nandroid restore.

lobsterhead

Feb 20, 2011
Los Angeles
Pardon my ignorance, but I'm new to the more advanced aspects of Android.

What does this process result in?... Is this used in the case that something goes wrong and I need to "start over?" Do I just keep this on my phone all the time just in case I need it?

I would also like to say that I'm very impressed with the quick work being done on this phone by all the developers. Thanks!

segfault82

Jun 4, 2010
can i use this to return my phone to stock? ie, restore this rom via nandroid, delete titanium/busybox/rom manager and then unroot via superoneclick. that should be completely stock, correct? i haven't nvflashed my recovery, only used rom manager to "flash" clockworkmod.

crazythunder

Apr 2, 2007
buffalo,ny
can i use this to return my phone to stock? ie, restore this rom via nandroid, delete titanium/busybox/rom manager and then unroot via superoneclick. that should be completely stock, correct? i haven't nvflashed my recovery, only used rom manager to "flash" clockworkmod.

can you get in to recovery to nandroid restore? if not, then no. if so, then yes. and if you're returning\exchanging you might want to clean out anything personal from the internal storage.

segfault82

Jun 4, 2010
can you get in to recovery to nandroid restore? if not, then no. if so, then yes. and if you're returning\exchanging you might want to clean out anything personal from the internal storage.

yes, i flashed clockworkmod recovery using rom manager. so i would do:

1. factory reset from CWM
2. restore this backup via nandroid
3. delete the three non stock apps

just to clarify, i woudn't have to do anything to the recovery since i didn't use nvflash to flash CWM, correct?

crazythunder

Apr 2, 2007
buffalo,ny
yes, i flashed clockworkmod recovery using rom manager. so i would do:

1. factory reset from CWM
2. restore this backup via nandroid
3. delete the three non stock apps

just to clarify, i woudn't have to do anything to the recovery since i didn't use nvflash to flash CWM, correct?

then use super one click to unroot and delete the update.zip from the internal sdcard.

crazythunder

Apr 2, 2007
buffalo,ny
Pardon my ignorance, but I'm new to the more advanced aspects of Android.

What does this process result in?... Is this used in the case that something goes wrong and I need to "start over?" Do I just keep this on my phone all the time just in case I need it?

I would also like to say that I'm very impressed with the quick work being done on this phone by all the developers. Thanks!

it results in bringing your phone back to the state it was in when you bought it....almost. you'll still be rooted which is easy enough to undo. then just delete a couple of apps to be completely restored. unless you have a custom recovery done through nvflash,which you probably don't. then that's not to hard to do either.

Reactions: lobsterhead

c3plok

Apr 16, 2011
I used this with little trouble. Just replaced my little too late nandroid with this one. At first i had an md5 mismatch possibly because i extracted to a folder on my pc first then copied and pasted. Downloaded again and extracted directly to my backup folder like the op says and it worked without a hitch.:D

Cyberdan3

Aug 9, 2009
Blaine, MN
I am having some issues. I am getting a replacement phone sent to me from wiredly tomorrow (battery and backlight problems).

I had not done clockwork recovery yet but when I just clicked reboot into recovery it just reset the phone and never put itself into recovery.

I then "flashed clockwork recovery" and put the files into the folder on my sd card.

When I rebooted into recovery and chose restore, it said no files found.

When transferring the files over, I plugged the G2X with USB and it showed the phone and the external sd card. Am I supposed to open the phone and go into the _external sd drive from there or do I open the external sd card slot (from my computer) and make the directories from there?

I never had the "clockworkmod" and "backup" folders so I had to make them. Were these folders supposed to already be there?

I just need the phone to become brand new. I had deleted the wifi calling, zinio reader, etc after rooting and need it to be new to send it back. Please tell me what I'm doing wrong :)

Cyberdan3

Aug 9, 2009
Blaine, MN
I am having some issues. I am getting a replacement phone sent to me from wiredly tomorrow (battery and backlight problems).

I had not done clockwork recovery yet but when I just clicked reboot into recovery it just reset the phone and never put itself into recovery.

I then "flashed clockwork recovery" and put the files into the folder on my sd card.

When I rebooted into recovery and chose restore, it said no files found.

When transferring the files over, I plugged the G2X with USB and it showed the phone and the external sd card. Am I supposed to open the phone and go into the _external sd drive from there or do I open the external sd card slot (from my computer) and make the directories from there?

I never had the "clockworkmod" and "backup" folders so I had to make them. Were these folders supposed to already be there?

I just need the phone to become brand new. I had deleted the wifi calling, zinio reader, etc after rooting and need it to be new to send it back. Please tell me what I'm doing wrong :)

Can anyone help me??

TGA_Gunnman

Feb 5, 2010
Dallas, Texas
Can anyone help me??

IT doesnt matter how you create the directories on the external SD they just have to be there.

Create on the external sd:
clockworkmod then backup
then extract the LG-P999-V10f directory from the .rar file to the backup directory.

Open rom manager and choose flash recovery choose the g2x and wait till done.

Choose reboot into recovery.

All the instructions are in the original post. and hints are in the posts following it.
Read everything

Reactions: tenbeau and .me

vinnyjr

Jul 25, 2010
Boston
Just got my G2x and did not see a stock build out here that everyone was blessing so I thought I would create a stock nandroid restore.

I have fully tested it. You break it you buy it, don't look at me. :cool:

Titanium Installed
Rooted with busybox
Rom Manager Installed

For those of you who don't know how this works.

1. You must have ROM Manager installed and or ClockworkMod Recovery flashed and an external sdcard installed. Then have the directory and file contents of the LG-P999-V10f.rar file extracted to your external SDCard in the /sdcard/_ExternalSD/clockworkmod/backup/ directory.

2. Run ROM Manager and choose Reboot into Recovery or boot phone into clockworkmod recovery.

3. In recovery go down to backup and restore, choose restore.

4. Select LG-P999-V10f and choose Yes - Restore.

5. When it completes choose Reboot.

Click on the following link to download via MultiUpload:
Download LG-P999-V10f.rar

After extracting the file and install it on the Ext/sd card, don't you have to rename the file .zip?? I never flashed any file unless it was a .zip file.
Thanks for the help.

TGA_Gunnman

Feb 5, 2010
Dallas, Texas
After extracting the file and install it on the Ext/sd card, don't you have to rename the file .zip?? I never flashed any file unless it was a .zip file.
Thanks for the help.

Really!?!?!?

Really? o-O

Did you even try doing what the directions said. Or are you just firing off questions before doing anything?

This is a nandroid restore not a update to flash.

Reactions: awzx_77

TGA_Gunnman

Feb 5, 2010
Dallas, Texas
I'm all good here, lovin life. :)

Your question just tripped me out a little. I thought these steps were pretty thorough and straight forward.

1. You must have ROM Manager installed and or ClockworkMod Recovery flashed and an external sdcard installed. Then have the directory and file contents of the LG-P999-V10f.rar file extracted to your external SDCard in the /sdcard/_ExternalSD/clockworkmod/backup/ directory.

2. Run ROM Manager and choose Reboot into Recovery or boot phone into clockworkmod recovery.

4. Select LG-P999-V10f and choose Yes - Restore.

5. When it completes choose Reboot.

Sorry if I seemed a little testy no one is perfect.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: vinnyjr

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Stock Nandroid Restores for 2.22 Froyo and 2.33/2.34 GingerBread​
    for T-Mobile G2x LG P999 only!

(These Nandroid restores are not rooted and are in complete stock condition.)​

• Instructions:
    1. You must have ROM Manager installed and or ClockworkMod Recovery flashed and an external sdcard installed. Then have the directory and file contents of the "LG-P999-V10f.zip" or "LG-P999-V20e.zip" file extracted to your external SDCard in the /sdcard/clockworkmod/backup/LG-P999-V10f directory. If the directory does not exist then create it.

• There must be a directory called "LG-P999-V10f" or "LG-P999-V21e" or "LG-P999-V21y" in the "/sdcard/clockworkmod/backup" subdirectory and the files must be directly in that directory, not in another nested directory or Nandroid will not find the files. (Note: If you have any spaces in your directory name. You will get a md5 check some error.)

4. Select LG-P999-V10f or LG-P999-V21e or LG-P999-V21y and choose Yes - Restore.

5. When the restore finishes do not reboot yet. Do a "wipe data/factory reset" from the recovery menu (just to be thorough).

6. When it completes choose Reboot.

OP Changed. Links updated and added 2.33 GB.

Downloads:
    Click on the following links to download via my Dropbox Account:

Completely Stock Froyo:
    Download LG-P999-V10f.zip

Completely Stock Ginger Bread:
    Download LG-P999-V20e.zip
    Links all fixed. Bought a MediaFire account.

Enjoy!
    LG-P999-V21y added
    Are you sure? It still let's me download it right now.

2.3.4 Nandroid other link if so

Sent from my LG-P999