• Yes, but I solved it by flashing V1.3 or older

Votes: 8 3.7%
  • Yes, and had to reflash full stock

Votes: 21 9.7%

• Total voters
Search This thread

AAccount

Sep 8, 2010
:good: First of all :good: Thank you for your patronage!!! :D:cowboy::laugh::victory:

Before you do anything: This is purely at your own risk and I will not be responsible for anything that happens to your tablet. I flashed it on mine at my own risk.

Compatibility Information: There are 2 different versions. 1 for stock and 1 for Cyanogenmod. Even though the kernels are intended for the 3G tablet it will work just fine on a WiFi only tablet (like mine). This makes the build process less messy.

**Sources Fully documented v1.9 beginner friendly sources now available including the build script. If more explanations are required, please say so. However, remember that the explanations are not intended to be a blind step by step instructions of going from samsung source to A1.

TWRP V2.6.0.0: Please read: do not worry about any kind of "E:A: Render Error". This is a side effect of removing some image files to save place on the recovery image so it will fit on the 5MB. The error simply means it failed to show (render) and image file that it is looking for. This is not harmful at all. If you can't flash the recovery please try the dd method.

TWRP V2.6.3.0: There are no more E:A Render errors. All graphics that were removed are there. Also, the recovery will install supersu if no root is detected. That feature has also been restored. The kernel has been stripped of anything not recovery related to shrink it down. It also has selinux support which allows the "set_metadata" zip installation to work. The download is in the attachments below.

Changelog:
Changelog:
  • Voodoo sound <-- new to version 1.0
  • USB charging enabled as well as charging from other chargers *** fixed V1.5.4 thanks to pershoot
  • Overclock to 1.2GHz <-- new to version 1.2
  • NTFS modules enabled, ondemand default frequency scaler, noop default disk io scheduler <-- new to version 1.2.1
  • GPU overclock from 333MHz to 400MHz. <-- new to version 1.3
  • Overclock to 1.4GHz <--new to version 1.4
  • Support for Current Widget <-- new to version 1.5
  • CIFS enabled in kernel config, 1.4GHz attempted stability fix (thanks to jaswinky) <--new to version 1.5.2
  • Wifi driver compiled as module <--new to V1.5.3
  • More voltage anomalies fixed, updated battery driver to pershoot's 3.1 <-- new to V1.5.4 and V1.5.5XE
  • Fixed charging boot bug <--new to V1.5.6SE
  • (In case you were wondering 1.5.7 had an issue in it.)
  • Disabled frequency lock, added 1GHz default max (you can change it to 1.2GHz or 1.4GHz after boot), 216MHz default min CazeW's suggestion <--new to 1.5.8SE+XE
  • Enabled pershoot build/vfp optimization commit, added 150MHz minimum frequency <-- new to 1.5.9SE+XE
  • Boot script support (put yours as /data/local/a1init.sh) <-- new to V2.0
  • Smarter ram disk that only initializes 3G on 3G tablets<-- new to V2.1
  • 1.5GHz && 1.6GHz OC available, cifs utf8 kernel module available <-- new to V2.2
  • Support for CM9 <-- new to V2.2CM
  • Enabled xbox controller module as xpad.ko <--new to V2.2.1
  • NTFS moved to kernel module instead of built in, CIFS moved to kernel module instead of built in, enabled option.ko and usb_wwan.ko for connection of 3G dongle, all nls charsets/codepages built as modules <--new to V2.2.2
  • V1.6.3 is pretty much V2.2.2 but without my custom ram disk. I've also tried a boot script method proposed by Toldo but haven't had time to test it yet. Please flash the CM9 stock kernel or Samsung stock kernel before trying V1.6.3.
  • Applied git patch to disable mmc_cap_erase <-- new to V1.6.4
  • Voltage control, cifs built in again <-- new to V1.7
  • Galaxy Tab 8.9 specific fix <--new to V1.7.1
  • Cyanogenmod charging mode fix <--new to V1.7.2
  • Galaxy Tab 8.9 specific feature <--new to V1.7.3
  • CM10 compatibility fix, enabled Samsung's powersaving governor <--new to V1.7.4
  • followed pershoot's "-defconfig: jb: unset TEGRA_CONVSERVATIVE_GOV_ON_EARLYSUPSEND" change to fix odd 450MHz capping issue <--new to V1.7.4b
  • Copied in pershoot's keyboard dock driver <--new to V1.7.5
  • 801MB RAM enabled <-- new to V1.8
  • Rebased on pershoot's November 17 source <--new to V1.8.1
  • Back to samsung base, follow pershoot's suggestion of Nexus7 mtp drivers to fix mtp, enabled zRam <--new to V1.8.2
  • Reduced RAM to 785MB to prevent intense 3D games issue, enabled KSM (check in settings --> performance --> memory management)
  • (CM Version only) works on CM10.1 <--new to V1.8.4
  • Incorporated touchscreen death fix. Thank the user who reported it. <-- new to V1.8.5
  • Used part of pershoot's kernel config to get data usage working in CM <--new to V1.8.6
  • Added CM's version of the ROW (read over write) disk IO scheduler for GT-I9300<-- new to V1.8.7
  • Added XDA's grzwolf's solution to the hsic wakeclock problem <--new to V1.8.8
  • Added frandom kernel module <-- new to V1.9
Credits:
Supercurio: voodoo sound
Pershoot: voodoo port, usb charging, flashable zip, OC template, current widget setup
XDA forum's CazeW: used your replace suggestions to patch up wm8994_voodoo.c and wm8994_voodoo.h so it will compile properly, and finding the missing link for 1.4GHz OC, and disabling frequency locks
Task650: providing a nice, clean deodexed rom for me to try this on
XDA forum's RaymanFx: OC instructions
Me: GPU OC
XDA forum's jaswinky for valuable hints and checking my work over.
Xoom ICS kernel: for getting an approximate idea of voltages
(If I missed any credits, please forgive me as this is my first attempt at any kind of development)
XDA forum's motley for voltage control
XDA forum's Unknownzd for mmc_cap_erase patch
XDA's grzwolf for the hsic wakelock fix

Attachments

• A1Scaled.png
    A1Scaled.png
    22.2 KB · Views: 456,723
  • A1-p4-1.9-3G-cm.zip
    6.5 MB · Views: 10,723
  • A1-p4-1.9-3G-stock.zip
    6.4 MB · Views: 10,462
  • sourceV1.9.tar.bz2
    581.2 KB · Views: 1,753
  • twrp2630-wifi.zip
    5.3 MB · Views: 4,863
  • twrp2630-3G.zip
    5.3 MB · Views: 6,131
Last edited:

RavenY2K3

Nov 13, 2006
Great to see someone else kernel developing, could be the start of something here... Lol, I wanna give this a try but I think It'll stop 3G working if I flash the 7510 kernel.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

AAccount

Sep 8, 2010
Great to see someone else kernel developing, could be the start of something here... Lol, I wanna give this a try but I think It'll stop 3G working if I flash the 7510 kernel.

Care to try the 3G version I just uploaded? I don't own the 3G version but I followed the same idea for compiling the 3G kernel.

nickwarn

Aug 4, 2010
Ronneby
Welcome, nice of you to come to the party :)

Is there really no one that can test and leave test reports? If i would have been on sammy rom i`d been all over this.
Good luck dev

RavenY2K3

Nov 13, 2006
Dang, you move quick, I've installed it but, how did you get the voodoo app to recognise the device as supported?

Scratch that, it was me being an idiot :)

Last edited:
Reactions: soniccm

kashortiexda

Jan 12, 2011
3g + 1.1

all working great, including usb charging, 3g, wifi, and voodoo whilst device ON....finally !

kusgan

Apr 19, 2010
Tagbilaran
Awesome. After flashing kernel, my useless wall chargers work. It is very smooth too. Great job.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using xda premium

Last edited:

AAccount

Sep 8, 2010
Finally, the modified kernel!
Voodoo works perfectly.
It can even overclock the CPU to make and perfect kernel.
Maybe 1.6GHz.: D

Overclocking abilities is quite a tall order for my current "skills". After looking at the instructions on how you would do it, the process looks much much more involving than just a manual patch job. Weird thing is that after an initial read through of the instructions it looks like a 1.2Ghz overclock code is in the kernel source but I'm not sure why it's not turned on.

AAccount

Sep 8, 2010
Awesome. After flashing kernel, my useless wall chargers work. It is very smooth too. Great job.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using xda premium

I was quite surprised to discover that the charger that comes in the box of the galaxy tab 10.1 actually sends some kind of "green light" to the tablet to begin charging. If the tablet gets the box charger it actually records "samsung charge !!!r" before activating the charging. If any other charger is connected the tablet records "invalid charger !!!" and disables charging in the next line of code. I just changed it so that it will record "other charger" in stead of invalid and enable charging after recording. (yes, the original code had those exclamation marks after charger).

Reactions: martin26765

zerong

Nov 10, 2011
You mean the task650 one? Of course it is! That's the only stock ics rom I've ever flashed on my tablet. I credited task650 in my first post for providing a clean deodexed rom to test on.

Yes task650 ! all is ok with your kernel ? i dont know if i have to wait a pershoot kernel for stock ics rom in order to enable voodoo sound and overcloking !

AAccount

Sep 8, 2010
Yes task650 ! all is ok with your kernel ? i dont know if i have to wait a pershoot kernel for stock ics rom in order to enable voodoo sound and overcloking !

Yes, everything seems to be ok with the task650 rom. There is no overclocking available currently but voodoo is working.

zerong

Nov 10, 2011
Can i return to stock kernel if all isnt good? So where can i find a ics stock kernel ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    :good: First of all :good: Thank you for your patronage!!! :D:cowboy::laugh::victory:

Before you do anything: This is purely at your own risk and I will not be responsible for anything that happens to your tablet. I flashed it on mine at my own risk.

Compatibility Information: There are 2 different versions. 1 for stock and 1 for Cyanogenmod. Even though the kernels are intended for the 3G tablet it will work just fine on a WiFi only tablet (like mine). This makes the build process less messy.

**Sources Fully documented v1.9 beginner friendly sources now available including the build script. If more explanations are required, please say so. However, remember that the explanations are not intended to be a blind step by step instructions of going from samsung source to A1.

TWRP V2.6.0.0: Please read: do not worry about any kind of "E:A: Render Error". This is a side effect of removing some image files to save place on the recovery image so it will fit on the 5MB. The error simply means it failed to show (render) and image file that it is looking for. This is not harmful at all. If you can't flash the recovery please try the dd method.

TWRP V2.6.3.0: There are no more E:A Render errors. All graphics that were removed are there. Also, the recovery will install supersu if no root is detected. That feature has also been restored. The kernel has been stripped of anything not recovery related to shrink it down. It also has selinux support which allows the "set_metadata" zip installation to work. The download is in the attachments below.

Changelog:
    Changelog:
    • Voodoo sound <-- new to version 1.0
    • USB charging enabled as well as charging from other chargers *** fixed V1.5.4 thanks to pershoot
    • Overclock to 1.2GHz <-- new to version 1.2
    • NTFS modules enabled, ondemand default frequency scaler, noop default disk io scheduler <-- new to version 1.2.1
    • GPU overclock from 333MHz to 400MHz. <-- new to version 1.3
    • Overclock to 1.4GHz <--new to version 1.4
    • Support for Current Widget <-- new to version 1.5
    • CIFS enabled in kernel config, 1.4GHz attempted stability fix (thanks to jaswinky) <--new to version 1.5.2
    • Wifi driver compiled as module <--new to V1.5.3
    • More voltage anomalies fixed, updated battery driver to pershoot's 3.1 <-- new to V1.5.4 and V1.5.5XE
    • Fixed charging boot bug <--new to V1.5.6SE
    • (In case you were wondering 1.5.7 had an issue in it.)
    • Disabled frequency lock, added 1GHz default max (you can change it to 1.2GHz or 1.4GHz after boot), 216MHz default min CazeW's suggestion <--new to 1.5.8SE+XE
    • Enabled pershoot build/vfp optimization commit, added 150MHz minimum frequency <-- new to 1.5.9SE+XE
    • Boot script support (put yours as /data/local/a1init.sh) <-- new to V2.0
    • Smarter ram disk that only initializes 3G on 3G tablets<-- new to V2.1
    • 1.5GHz && 1.6GHz OC available, cifs utf8 kernel module available <-- new to V2.2
    • Support for CM9 <-- new to V2.2CM
    • Enabled xbox controller module as xpad.ko <--new to V2.2.1
    • NTFS moved to kernel module instead of built in, CIFS moved to kernel module instead of built in, enabled option.ko and usb_wwan.ko for connection of 3G dongle, all nls charsets/codepages built as modules <--new to V2.2.2
    • V1.6.3 is pretty much V2.2.2 but without my custom ram disk. I've also tried a boot script method proposed by Toldo but haven't had time to test it yet. Please flash the CM9 stock kernel or Samsung stock kernel before trying V1.6.3.
    • Applied git patch to disable mmc_cap_erase <-- new to V1.6.4
    • Voltage control, cifs built in again <-- new to V1.7
    • Galaxy Tab 8.9 specific fix <--new to V1.7.1
    • Cyanogenmod charging mode fix <--new to V1.7.2
    • Galaxy Tab 8.9 specific feature <--new to V1.7.3
    • CM10 compatibility fix, enabled Samsung's powersaving governor <--new to V1.7.4
    • followed pershoot's "-defconfig: jb: unset TEGRA_CONVSERVATIVE_GOV_ON_EARLYSUPSEND" change to fix odd 450MHz capping issue <--new to V1.7.4b
    • Copied in pershoot's keyboard dock driver <--new to V1.7.5
    • 801MB RAM enabled <-- new to V1.8
    • Rebased on pershoot's November 17 source <--new to V1.8.1
    • Back to samsung base, follow pershoot's suggestion of Nexus7 mtp drivers to fix mtp, enabled zRam <--new to V1.8.2
    • Reduced RAM to 785MB to prevent intense 3D games issue, enabled KSM (check in settings --> performance --> memory management)
    • (CM Version only) works on CM10.1 <--new to V1.8.4
    • Incorporated touchscreen death fix. Thank the user who reported it. <-- new to V1.8.5
    • Used part of pershoot's kernel config to get data usage working in CM <--new to V1.8.6
    • Added CM's version of the ROW (read over write) disk IO scheduler for GT-I9300<-- new to V1.8.7
    • Added XDA's grzwolf's solution to the hsic wakeclock problem <--new to V1.8.8
    • Added frandom kernel module <-- new to V1.9
    Credits:
    Supercurio: voodoo sound
    Pershoot: voodoo port, usb charging, flashable zip, OC template, current widget setup
    XDA forum's CazeW: used your replace suggestions to patch up wm8994_voodoo.c and wm8994_voodoo.h so it will compile properly, and finding the missing link for 1.4GHz OC, and disabling frequency locks
    Task650: providing a nice, clean deodexed rom for me to try this on
    XDA forum's RaymanFx: OC instructions
    Me: GPU OC
    XDA forum's jaswinky for valuable hints and checking my work over.
    Xoom ICS kernel: for getting an approximate idea of voltages
    (If I missed any credits, please forgive me as this is my first attempt at any kind of development)
    XDA forum's motley for voltage control
    XDA forum's Unknownzd for mmc_cap_erase patch
    XDA's grzwolf for the hsic wakelock fix
    Very Good News

So it looks like CM10.2 is actually alive and in testing on my tablet. Big thank you to user epinter for helping me with the graphics issue. I will play with CM10.2 to see how it is. First 10 seconds impression: buttery smooth, wifi works, bluetooth works, sound works, A1 kernel with SELinux firing on all cylinders! Unfortunately it has the 2 bar UI... time to search for that post on how to make tabletui.

Please donate to epinter for CM10.2. He gets the credit for making it work. I just did some minor tweaking to the fstab and audio flinger.

Gotta go to bed. Just check out the screenshot zips to see it working. I have no time adjust the sizes for xda.

THE ZIP IS THE SCREENSHOTS, NOT THE ROM. I will post the rom later this week after testing.
    Honeycomb Tablet Mode Partial Fix

Hey everyone,

I managed to figure out how to get the classic honeycomb tablet mode to work in CM10.1 (mostly). You know, the one where you get 1 status bar for the soft buttons and tray. Simply move the jars to /system/framework and the apk to /system/app. Do this with any root explorer or the terminal.

I tried to make a flashable zip, but I managed to screw the permissions in the process and accidentally pull the plug on my computer, corrupting its data partition. I did setup my Linux install to have a system (/) and data partition (/home) like android.

The only down side is that you can't customize the power widget but, on the upside, the UI seems noticeably less laggy than the stock CM10.1 UI with the 2 bars. Why??? Who knows. I think this benefit more than justifies the small annoyance of unchangeable toggles.

Here are the instructions I followed: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=28957307&postcount=1, http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=36319776&postcount=974.

Last gotcha, it's for wifi only since that's what I have and I don't really want to wait for my computer to compile a whole other rom for the 3G version. (Have mercy on the Core2 mobile).

Care to try the 3G version I just uploaded? I don't own the 3G version but I followed the same idea for compiling the 3G kernel.
    Please do not advertise your roms in my kernel thread. This thread is mainly for bug reports and feature requests. Thank you for your understanding. (I did not advertise my A1 in pershoot's kernel thread saying "hey you want some of these features on stock rom, try my kernel". ) I will fix V2.0 to use a 3G ramdisk so 3G tablets will be able to use boot scripts later today.