[APP][2.1+] Viral (YouTube Floating HD Player)

Search This thread

ermacwins

Aug 25, 2009
Hi guys, I think I've delayed the announcment quite a bit but here is a new app we have been working on for a while.

Showtime is an innovative video player that has many features and you can search videos from YouTube. With the Pop-up player, you can play a video and use any other android app for those of you who like to multi-task. You can also play with fullscreen or minimise the playing video to the notification tray. If your device is powerful enough, you can open multiple Pop-up windows. This app has the following features to give you the best seamless and intuitive experience.

Resizable Pop-up player which can also play local videos from your video gallery
Minimise and play in the background
Change video resolutions from 144p up to 1080p
Tab sliding interface for easy navigation
Connect to your YouTube account (Access to Watch Later, My Uploads, Playlists…)
Ad free [Paid]

If you have any problems with the app, please do not leave a low feedback, contact us and we will try to respond to you shortly.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Mata.YTplayer

MntJG_30cUETKCFZUsbdLtBJUCjjNP3fFD1Ai-cimZjT_O7lLkxsxnqPkpovnUBnMg=h900

B38BPUIlV4HvB3zBvZtRDuTJ9y1kAI9s4fkvkcpyMKZeJtgMxcCs_quDZaj9lDPM69I=h900

xlWRRe9YIIJ9mb1Eg-4jF3MYSx5cLICz9yAa6ygFNkb0LfvPaJs7z2-GYqkkLb8ZKqI=h900

qJYzOlgCg6Gi7Wjvz6T0dX9ILqxW71vKmzR_dYLj83cOt-J53SQszEvKfrsSM6TnUik=h900

Donations are ALWAYS appreciated and can help app development and support

Last edited:

vitorhugoaranda

Nov 12, 2012
It's amazing... Great work... Thanks for app... What you think about easy download feature and easy themes like day and night only.

Enviado de meu GT-I9300 usando Tapatalk 4

georgeiulian89

Sep 21, 2010
Pitesti
Absolutely unbelievable. Your app puts into shame Youtube official app. It's playing flawless HD videos on my old Xperia Neo. Now it's time to uninstall crappy Youtube app, which doesn't even support HD playback for older devices.

cvseuy

Jun 22, 2013
Awesome app the only downside for me is the icon and logo were meh. But this is the best YouTube app on android.

Sent from my HTC One running ViperOne 2.x FW

PelegK

Jan 30, 2011
Great app !!
Is it possible to minimize straight from the app without shrinking the video first ?

txx3

Feb 16, 2013
Great idea ...4,5/5
only bad thing ...the scrolling lags a bit ..and the video thumbnail loading takes a sec ....i love it

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app

12gage

Sep 3, 2007
Albany, OR
Great player, I love the multitasking ability. Would it be possible to have the app open to What to Watch? Also have the ability to open Gallery videos from within the app itself?

nimrodity

Sep 9, 2008
www.thedroideffect.com
I think the idea and actual functionality of this player is brilliant but it also still needs quite some polish.
Performance of menus aren't the best, and somehow the layout of the shown video in the time line looks a hit squashed, at least on the Nexus 7.
But if performance improves and some small things get fixed, this could even replace the native app.
Finally I'm able to reply to comments and it gives you much more information at once anyways.
Very promising app, please keep it up

Reactions: ermacwins and txx3

cajunflavoredbob

May 1, 2010
Your Basement
Just purchased the full version, as this is a pretty powerfull YouTube app that will likely only get better. I would suggest an option for a dark theme in the settings menu. The Style menu is can't seem to invert the video cards on the main menu that feature the videos. I love running all dark apps on my phone, so having a quick setting in the menu for a dark theme would be a blessing, so I won't have to change the colors on my own every time I wipe my device and flash a new ROM.

Besides that, this app is wonderful. The ability to play real HD videos is perfect. It's way better than the app Google provides. I'm going to recommend to my followers that they check out your app.

cajunflavoredbob

May 1, 2010
Your Basement
I was playing a video on my Nexus 7 2013 when I noticed a little quirk. It is impossible to tune a video to a certain time with the navigation bar enabled in landscape. The app does not resize to accommodate the navigation bar. I've attached a screenshot to show this in action. You can see in the image how when you touch the screen, the navigation bar pops up and blocks that area of the app.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1377139126138.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1377139126138.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 892

RaymondPJR

Oct 7, 2010
Portland
Can't wait to try this out, but I have to wait till I get back. Going to an area with no cell service and creepingly slow internet.:crying::crying::crying:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys, I think I've delayed the announcment quite a bit but here is a new app we have been working on for a while.

Showtime is an innovative video player that has many features and you can search videos from YouTube. With the Pop-up player, you can play a video and use any other android app for those of you who like to multi-task. You can also play with fullscreen or minimise the playing video to the notification tray. If your device is powerful enough, you can open multiple Pop-up windows. This app has the following features to give you the best seamless and intuitive experience.

Resizable Pop-up player which can also play local videos from your video gallery
    Minimise and play in the background
    Change video resolutions from 144p up to 1080p
    Tab sliding interface for easy navigation
    Connect to your YouTube account (Access to Watch Later, My Uploads, Playlists…)
    Ad free [Paid]

If you have any problems with the app, please do not leave a low feedback, contact us and we will try to respond to you shortly.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Mata.YTplayer

MntJG_30cUETKCFZUsbdLtBJUCjjNP3fFD1Ai-cimZjT_O7lLkxsxnqPkpovnUBnMg=h900

B38BPUIlV4HvB3zBvZtRDuTJ9y1kAI9s4fkvkcpyMKZeJtgMxcCs_quDZaj9lDPM69I=h900

xlWRRe9YIIJ9mb1Eg-4jF3MYSx5cLICz9yAa6ygFNkb0LfvPaJs7z2-GYqkkLb8ZKqI=h900

qJYzOlgCg6Gi7Wjvz6T0dX9ILqxW71vKmzR_dYLj83cOt-J53SQszEvKfrsSM6TnUik=h900

Donations are ALWAYS appreciated and can help app development and support

Why was it removed from gplay?

App is removed from playstore and not working anymore...

Anyone?

Does anyone know where this is available from now?

Looks good, anyone can share apk? Pls

Enviado de meu Nexus 5 usando Tapatalk

Does anybody know alternative app?

Viral Google+ community here.

APK download here.

EDIT: Playback with the screen off works with this APK
    What do you think of this for Play Store icon?
    The bug on nexus 7 is pretty much a deal breaker for me. It's terribly inconvenient to rotate every time I want to skip through the video or change resolution. I'd also like to be able to select subscriptions as my default tab. I appreciate replying to videos, popup and especially video quality selection. Also as I understand it, fit to screen will stretch the video to fit, there's no option that keeps the video in its original state, eben though that's probably just 16:9 most of the time.

I dont have a tablet so its like shooting in the dark when trying to get things right for it. But pressing the svreen maybe 2 times should hide the nav bar and you should see the seek bar/resolution. Majority is 16:9

Subscriptions don't appear, as well as watch later videos...

Should be fixed in next update

When I'm in my favorites, when a video has been deleted from youtube, all the other videos move one slot up but the description of the video is incorrect, just a heads up on this bug, great app!

This is a tricky one, hope to fix soon

Are there any way to save the videos to watch them later?

Yes in the paid version only (which is also ad free) but you can only watch those videos within the app

The ONLY issue i have (which could be due to the custom Sense 5 rom I'm running on my One X) is that I can 'share' a video from my gallery to this app, but it just shows a spinner and never actually loads the video into the app.

Thanks, but what about when you open a video from gallery, doesnt it prompt you to open with this app, or is that what you mean?

im also having this problem. i have 2 profiles which are both linked to my gmail and when i log into the official youtube app and sign in, it then lets me choose which profile i want to use but in this app it only used the original youtube profile without giving me the option to choose the profile. this means i have no fav vids or subscriptions because they are all on the other profile

Im not sure why youtube/google decided to allow multiple user profiles for 1 gmail account but its really annoying

hope you can add the option to choose the profile in the next update then ill have no need for the official app

We've added a method for this which should hopefully work, wait for the next update

I am also having this problem. At first i thought it wasn't loading my subscriptions and my favs, but it turns out that the app connects automatically to the account, which doesn't contain my YouTube activity. I would definitely use this app if I could select on which account to log in.

Please report here if this problem is solved. Thank you!

same as above, wait for next update, thanks