Had to get my phone unlocked, now 3G doesn't work.

Search This thread

Sway212

Dec 9, 2011
I live in Bangladesh and got my Note 3 N9005 from Saudi Arabia. My parents were the one who got it for me. They used it there for making a few calls so that hopefully the phone wouldn't be region locked when I got it in Bangladesh. However, that didnt work and the phone was locked the moment I put in my sim card.

So I tried Chainfire's region lock away app hoping it would work but nope, that didnt work either.So I took my phone to a local shop hoping they would know how to disable the lock. They said it would take some more time because some files were missiong or were altered in some way because of Chainfire's app. Anyways, they were able to fix it but it took some time.

However, I noticed a new problem when I put in my sim card at home. I can't use 3G now. I only get Edge speeds now. I assumed the phone should automatically connect to 3G but nothing is happening. There are no settings either. WCDMA doesn't work either. I just get an error message when I select that. So I'm in a pinch right now, can anyone help me out here? Is there any way this issue can be fixed? Perhaps if I update to 4.4.2? I really don't know what to do here guys

xclub_101

Oct 15, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
I live in Bangladesh and got my Note 3 N9005 from Saudi Arabia. My parents were the one who got it for me. They used it there for making a few calls so that hopefully the phone wouldn't be region locked when I got it in Bangladesh. However, that didnt work and the phone was locked the moment I put in my sim card.

So I tried Chainfire's region lock away app hoping it would work but nope, that didnt work either.So I took my phone to a local shop hoping they would know how to disable the lock. They said it would take some more time because some files were missiong or were altered in some way because of Chainfire's app. Anyways, they were able to fix it but it took some time.

However, I noticed a new problem when I put in my sim card at home. I can't use 3G now. I only get Edge speeds now. I assumed the phone should automatically connect to 3G but nothing is happening. There are no settings either. WCDMA doesn't work either. I just get an error message when I select that. So I'm in a pinch right now, can anyone help me out here? Is there any way this issue can be fixed? Perhaps if I update to 4.4.2? I really don't know what to do here guys

I doubt updating to 4.4.2 would fix anything.

punkstoner

Aug 19, 2008
I live in Bangladesh awand got my Note 3 N9005 from Saudi Arabia. My parents were the one who got it for me. They used it there for making a few calls so that hopefully the phone wouldn't be region locked when I got it in Bangladesh. However, that didnt work and the phone was locked the moment I put in my sim card.

Flash firmware for your region from sammobile with odin. Make doubke sure you flash the firmware for n9005 though. Should fix

Sway212

Dec 9, 2011
Flash firmware for your region from sammobile with odin. Make doubke sure you flash the firmware for n9005 though. Should fix

If I do that, will the region lock come back? And can I flash another region's firmware like Poland's 4.4.2 or should I not mess around and just get my region's one?

shakil4all

Mar 15, 2014

Brother i am from Bangladesh. I think i am facing the same problem. May i Have your contact number please?

Sway212

Dec 9, 2011
Brother i am from Bangladesh. I think i am facing the same problem. May i Have your contact number please?

Did you buy your phone from Bangladesh? I think I may have found a solution to our problem. Do you know your csc code? That may help me out. But it has to be bought from Bangladesh, else I cant do anything

synchronized1

Apr 28, 2012
Sway I Have the same problem. Using Airtel.
Can you please pm me your contact number. Really in need of help. And my one is from abroad.