[Poll] Survey for those who tripped KNOX!

Did you trip knox?

• Total voters
Search This thread

twe90kid

Jan 20, 2008
Let's see a poll of people who actually tripped knox and don't give a "insert your favorite word here" about it. :good:

If you been rejected service at Sprint because of knox, please also share your experience here! Will like to consolidate what people thing and the problems they faced.

Last edited:

ovrrdrive

Nov 19, 2010
I tripped it and don't care that I did, but if a way came out to reset it I'd use it just because... If it never does oh well. I'm not going to own a phone I can't use.

Frizzanko

Oct 22, 2009
I did, don't really care about it, i wish CM11 would hurry and come out. It looks so gorgeous on other phones.
I know it takes time though

oldjackbob

Jun 5, 2010
Rooted but not tripped. I'm so happy with this phone stock rooted, I don't feel any need to trip it - not that I'm anal about tripping Knox, I just don't feel the need.

jamal717

Oct 4, 2010
Tripped knox went to sprint because my phone is having some button issues :) the guy asked me if I was rooted I said yes he said okay and said he was also rooted I am now waiting for my replacement phone in the mail

Sent from my SM-N900P using xda app-developers app

Reactions: samatagana

BigMosley

Aug 19, 2011
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
I just tripped mine yesterday. What ROMs is everyone on? I'm looking for one that can change the battery icon to a percentage and change some other notification icons.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk 2

jamal717

Oct 4, 2010
I'm just rooted stock I honestly am so use to rooting I just did it without a second thought but I do love the free wireless tethering

Sent from my SM-N900P using xda app-developers app

ovrrdrive

Nov 19, 2010
I just tripped mine yesterday. What ROMs is everyone on? I'm looking for one that can change the battery icon to a percentage and change some other notification icons.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk 2

You can do the battery percentage in the stock TW launcher. It's buried int he settings...

You can also do some neat stuff like that using wanam in the stock rom too. I haven't seen anything worth flashing yet.

BigMosley

Aug 19, 2011
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
You can do the battery percentage in the stock TW launcher. It's buried int he settings...

You can also do some neat stuff like that using wanam in the stock rom too. I haven't seen anything worth flashing yet.

Yeah I've had that since I got the phone I'm looking for a battery icon with the Percentage inside it to cut back on some of the notification bar clutter.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

bignibb

Jul 14, 2010
I tripped Knox on accident and I don't give a farfigneugon about it. I'm running a stock rom and kernel with modified framework to add toggles and free hotspot. .. that's all i need.

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

twe90kid

Jan 20, 2008
I tripped Knox on accident and I don't give a farfigneugon about it. I'm running a stock rom and kernel with modified framework to add toggles and free hotspot. .. that's all i need.

It's great to see more and more people chime in to this thread to vote.

Neog2

Jan 19, 2013
mine is tripped

Yeah mine is tripped and don't care. Who uses the manufacture warranty for anything anyways.
I couldn't tell you how many phones I have owned this year. I almost never make it a whole year with a phone. I'm constantly changing.
And 95% of my problems when I have had problems weren't software related they were accidental DROP Problems lol so manafacture warranty wouldn't help me anyways.

I guess some people try and beat the system which i deem pointless. But then every now and again there are legit reasons you may need to use the warranty. I waited exactly 30 days so i was out of store return policy then I rooted it. I buy my phones off contract so I dont have to worry about contractual problems.

---------- Post added at 05:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:55 PM ----------

Yeah mine is tripped and don't care. Who uses the manufacture warranty for anything anyways.
I couldn't tell you how many phones I have owned this year. I almost never make it a whole year with a phone. I'm constantly changing.
And 95% of my problems when I have had problems weren't software related they were accidental DROP Problems lol so manafacture warranty wouldn't help me anyways.

I guess some people try and beat the system which i deem pointless. But then every now and again there are legit reasons you may need to use the warranty. I waited exactly 30 days so i was out of store return policy then I rooted it. I buy my phones off contract so I dont have to worry about contractual problems.

twe90kid

Jan 20, 2008

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Tripped, don't care.
    Tripped the day I bought and dont give a flip flop!

http://i.imgur.com/qrByUGN.jpg

Depends on the flip-flop.

Tripped Knox within two hours of leaving the Sprint store, bought my own device insurance for one-third of the price of the retailer or carrier offering, will get it fixed irrespective of any Knox counter, locally and same-day if it should need repair.

My phone, my property, my choice.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
    I rooted my Galaxy S, S2, and S4. I know exactly what I can do, and what could be missing. I also know that it sucks ass having to install roms because I want a new feature that Samsung put out. Or maybe I find out something stopped working because of a rom. Or the fact that these custom roms have like 10 updates a week. All that gets old any very annoying. My Note 3 does exactly what I need it to do, so I have zero desire to root it.

People root their phones because they want to improve it. There is nothing to improve here. And my battery life lasts over a day. And I use the hell out of my phone. Almost 2 full days and just under 50% battery life.

sxd0.png

I concur. Whether one knows or does not know what one is missing by rooting, if one is disinterested, then one should not do so. I believe that made the right call for you bro.

Android allows for plenty of customization without root (the OS hit critical mass by deploying a mass-customization business model), and it seems to have worked just fine for nearly all. The vast majority of users just don't root, and many get it and still don't root. I'd say that the latter category is the more informed one in which to reside, but certainly not better or worse off than those unaware.

Telling another what one should or should not do with another's property based on your experience is the height of arrogance, and a cop-out, as it disenthralls the advice-giver of any culpability in the matter, and assumes that you know better than the person whom owns the property.

Kind of like family telling ya what you should do with your life, but without the horrible memories.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
    I usually root my device because I am unhappy with the software and such. My Note 3 is damn near perfect right out of the box. I have zero desire to root or switch roms.
    Only because you don't know what your missing.

Since rooting and installing MiniN3 Maximus and most recently Minimus, my battery life and speed have improved dramatically.

I rooted my Galaxy S, S2, and S4. I know exactly what I can do, and what could be missing. I also know that it sucks ass having to install roms because I want a new feature that Samsung put out. Or maybe I find out something stopped working because of a rom. Or the fact that these custom roms have like 10 updates a week. All that gets old any very annoying. My Note 3 does exactly what I need it to do, so I have zero desire to root it.

People root their phones because they want to improve it. There is nothing to improve here. And my battery life lasts over a day. And I use the hell out of my phone. Almost 2 full days and just under 50% battery life.

sxd0.png