[Q] Issues with ROM install.

Search This thread

Dankaru81

Jun 25, 2014
Hey all. So I'm attempting to flash "JellyBeans" ROM on my Note 3 N900V. These are the steps I have followed:
1st of all I am rooted.
And I am using Safestrap.
1. Connect your device to your PC via USB cable.
2. Copy the Custom ROM .zip file from your Desktop over to the root of your SD card.
3. Once the .zip file has been copied, disconnect your device from your PC.
4. Turn OFF your device.
5. Turn it back on by holding down Volume Up, Home, and Power buttons together.
6. Your device should reboot into recovery mode.
In the recovery mode, the Volume buttons are used for navigation and the Power button to make a selection.
7. Select Backup and Restore.
8. Select Backup.
9. Hit Yes when prompted and let it backup your device.
10. Once done, head back to the main menu by selecting Back.
11. Select Wipe data/factory reset.
12. Hit Yes when prompted and let it wipe off all the data on your device.
13. Once done, head back to the main menu by selecting Back.
14. Select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard.
15. Choose the Custom ROM .zip file you copied earlier to be flashed on your device.
16. Select Yes when prompted and it should begin flashing the ROM on your device.
17. When the ROM has been flashed, reboot your device by selecting reboot system now.

Once I reboot its starts up "Samsung Galaxy Note 3" and then the screen just goes black and my notification light starts pulsing blue. But nothing happens. I cant turn the phone off or anything. I have to pull the battery out to reset.

Any idea's?

Dankaru81

Jun 25, 2014
eh?

If you're on a retail device, you need to Odin back to stock and root again. Install safestrap. Then have fun being a crack flasher

Ok, I just recovered from safestrap back to my stock ROM. Im back at square 1. But why would I need to run odin back to stock. And then wth is a "crack flasher"?

bmwh0r3

Biggins for great theming and a few s5 ported features or delta for stock nc4 themed beautifully. Alliance is great too. Hyperdrive was good. And eclipse is highly modified touchwiz to have aosp features. Here's where the term crack flasher comes in... Flash one and try it. Then try the next. See which suits ya man.

---------- Post added at 09:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 PM ----------

And please make sure you Odin the nc2/nc4 kernel recommended by all nc4 Roms. In other words... Follow the directions completely.

Dankaru81

Jun 25, 2014
Biggins for great theming and a few s5 ported features or delta for stock nc4 themed beautifully. Alliance is great too. Hyperdrive was good. And eclipse is highly modified touchwiz to have aosp features. Here's where the term crack flasher comes in... Flash one and try it. Then try the next. See which suits ya man.

---------- Post added at 09:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 PM ----------

And please make sure you Odin the nc2/nc4 kernel recommended by all nc4 Roms. In other words... Follow the directions completely.

Yea I read about the nc4 kernal somwhere else. I just didnt try it. Guess I forgot. I'll try flashing again tomorrow. Thx for your time.