firmware

Search This thread

fuzzylax

Oct 11, 2010
lacrosse, Wisconsin
so i finally decide today to try and update firmware so I can run kk,so this is what i am doing.using adb I type fastboot oem reboot RUU which says it was ok then htc screen pops up.then I dl the newest firmware and with out unzipping I drop into my adb file then I type fastboot flash zip firmware.zip{i did rename file when i put into adb] then adb says it couldnt load file.Ive tried unzipping it and still coming up with eras.So im not sure what i am doing wrong

Sloth

Inactive RC / Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 23, 2012
Xda-Dev,NV
Could also be if you renamed it firmware.zip windows hides extensions so it could actually be named firmware.zip.zip

Reactions: fuzzylax

disconnecktie

Oct 23, 2011
Don't unzip it and if you did. Go ahead and delete the unzipped one because you broke it. Download the zip again and then run the commands again. This time make sure not to unzip it and if you need to remove the boot.img simply open the archive and delete it that way. Do not unzip it.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

santod040

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Nov 7, 2008
NorCal
I actually updated the second post in my thread with a firmware zip minus the boot.IMG a day or two ago.
Try that if you need one without it. :)

What are the errors?
Make sure USB debugging is enabled in developer options in settings.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I will give your guys suggestions when I get back home..thanks guys for the info.I must say the HTC forum on xda you guys are very respect full and quick to respond compared to other people on this site for different phones
    Send it twice as per santod's instructions. Hopefully that's just your case.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
    Could also be if you renamed it firmware.zip windows hides extensions so it could actually be named firmware.zip.zip
    Don't unzip it and if you did. Go ahead and delete the unzipped one because you broke it. Download the zip again and then run the commands again. This time make sure not to unzip it and if you need to remove the boot.img simply open the archive and delete it that way. Do not unzip it.

I actually updated the second post in my thread with a firmware zip minus the boot.IMG a day or two ago.
    Try that if you need one without it. :)

What are the errors?
    Make sure USB debugging is enabled in developer options in settings.