[Q] Go back to the Note 2, or keep the Note 3?

Search This thread

Hurstman

Mar 1, 2011
Las Vegas
I am already on my 2nd Note 3.
The phone is rooted with CF and running DarthStalker 6.

I am having programs disappear on their own, force shutdowns, and some programs refuse to load under 4.3.

T Mobile has offered to let me buy a new, NOT refurbished Note 2 running 4.12 on it.

Should I make the move back?

I use my phone for Music, Movies, Pics, Internet, and I need the best reception and battery life possible.

Plus this Knox stuff is just a pain.

What would you guys do and why?

I have 2 days to decide.

Thank you for any input,

Mark

bryanthomas007

Dec 22, 2008
Lawrence
My Note 3 is working flawlessly and lighting fast. I'm rooted running Wicked V5 with Compulsion kernel. Stay with the Note 3. It's a great device!!

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Hurstman

Mar 1, 2011
Las Vegas
It is also now cought in a bootloop that I have to fix after every image or backup

I am running Next Launcher Menu, I wonder if that could be screwing things up?:confused:

guaneet

May 16, 2013
Morgan Hill, CA
use the latest TWRP and you wont have issue with any bootloops. it happened to me a few times. there is a guide on the this forum which fixes it

i think you should use Tweaked rom with stock kernel. i personally love it and they have some cool features built right into it.

cun7

Feb 13, 2014

I am having programs disappear on their own, force shutdowns, and some programs refuse to load under 4.3.

T Mobile has offered to let me buy a new, NOT refurbished Note 2 running 4.12 on it.

I use my phone for Music, Movies, Pics, Internet, and I need the best reception and battery life possible.

I have 2 days to decide.

Thank you for any input,

Mark

You don't think that maybe the issue is the ROM you are on....

What is the definition of psychotic again? Doing the same thing over and over and over again expecting different results?

What are the odds that two of your Note 3's in a row are having the same issue? Something that is clearly data related and not hardware related.

Basically, what I am getting at is the problem is you, or more likely your ROM.

Try a different one, issue goes away... I would bet money on it.

cun7

Feb 13, 2014
Not sure then. I would say be more specific. What is force closing? What "programs" (I assume you mean apps...) forget to "load" and what do you mean by load exactly - install, connect to a network? Need more details. Your description is vague.

And what do you mean they disappear? From your app drawer? From the device? Are they still installed when you go into settings and application manager?

BACARDILIMON

Jun 12, 2010
MASTIC BEACH NY

I have 2 days to decide.

Thank you for any input,

Mark

Sounds very familiar. Try one thing. Remove your sd card. Flash rom again and then see if your issues are gone. What recovery are you using and what version?

TWEAKED 2.0 ELEMENT V2.0 NOTE 3

OptimusOBrien

Nov 18, 2012
Kitchener
OnePlus 7T
I have had all of these problems as well and had to actually go into the recovery and mess with that. ever since I did that my phone runs just like it should. Try this thread if you ever have the bootloop issue http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2471421. The Note 3 is a really great device and I honestly wouldnt leave it unless you must and in your case it seems like you might. I myself and running Slimkat 4.4.2 right now but i switch to DarkStalker a lot because I miss my touchwiz features.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have tried Jedi Elite, DarkStalker, Wicked, Tweaked, and multiple Kernels.

That is why I finally posted for help.