[Q] Samsung Apps on Non TouchWiz Rom

Search This thread

WitnessG

Feb 20, 2014
Is there a way to use samsung apps on a rom like CM? I tried to use Samsung Hub on my S3 running CM11 and it crashes immediately. I have the new Milk Music app downloaded and it works perfectly until I tried to turn explicit content on because it makes me connect to my samsung account and then it crashes. I'm more concerned with the Milk Music issue than the Samsung Hub one.

jlnortell

Oct 9, 2013
Alexadria
I accidentally found that if you restore the app+data (using Titanium Backup) from a TouchWiz ROM Milk will work. I have been using Milk for eleven days with no issues on CM11. There is no guarantee that all of the Samsung apps will work but it is worth a shot.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

dlw87

Mar 18, 2014
I am on the hellkat rom 4.4.2 and I'm using all the factory samsung apps just fine. I flashed back to my stock 4.3 rom and copied them all to my external SD card then flashed back to the hellkat rom and used root explorer to install the apps into system\ apps. You can even install s-voice if u like. The only one that that I couldn't get to install on KitKat was s-memo. If this helps plz hit thanks :D

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Simple Answer not possible. These apps need Stock Samsung Rom.