Lost Apps and especially Play Store after OTA Update

Search This thread

DrZoS

Aug 19, 2011
Leipzig
Hey XDA Community,

I updated yesterday my Smartphone (Samsung Galaxy S4) with the OTA Update to KitKat 4.4.2 (Before it was 4.3), since i updated it i lost some Apps and especially the Play Store App, i tried to reinstall the Play Store APK (from chip.de) with no success, when i reinstalled it, my Play Store "just getting stopped" (Force Close), so how to gain my Apps and especially the Play Store back?

editable

Aug 29, 2010
Hey XDA Community,

I updated yesterday my Smartphone (Samsung Galaxy S4) with the OTA Update to KitKat 4.4.2 (Before it was 4.3), since i updated it i lost some Apps and especially the Play Store App, i tried to reinstall the Play Store APK (from chip.de) with no success, when i reinstalled it, my Play Store "just getting stopped" (Force Close), so how to gain my Apps and especially the Play Store back?
Search in app list in the Disabled tab. Maybe it has been disabled for some reason.
if does not find, try with Kies to recover or something like that. There was such option.

DrZoS

Aug 19, 2011
Leipzig
Search in app list in the Disabled tab. Maybe it has been disabled for some reason.
if does not find, try with Kies to recover or something like that. There was such option.

Nope it's not in Disabled Tab, with Kies i will try on Monday, i have no Internet at home at the moment, some Problems with my Provider.
Maybe there are some more solutions. Should i maybe try an Factory Reset?

Lennyz1988

May 15, 2009
Amsterdam
Nope it's not in Disabled Tab, with Kies i will try on Monday, i have no Internet at home at the moment, some Problems with my Provider.
Maybe there are some more solutions. Should i maybe try an Factory Reset?

Factory reset is always the first thing to do when you got serious problems. So yes, backup and factory reset.