[ROM][AOSP JDQ39E][cfX 4.8.1-toolchain][SR20] OFFICIAL codefireX Nightlies!

Search This thread

sMtt

May 6, 2012
Ankara
Re: [ROM][AOSP-4.2.2 JDQ39][Linaro 4.7.3-toolchain][SR12.5] OFFICIAL codefireX Nightl

I flashed SR12.5 from 4.2.2 in TWRP (stock kernel), then installed gapps banks and cleared cache/dalvik but I got a bootloop. Any ideas about what is causing it?

Did you update your phone to factory 4.2.2 before flash this rom? If you didn't, check first post, you'll see what you need to flash there.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

jvbferrer

Dec 12, 2011
Valencia, Spain
Re: [ROM][AOSP-4.2.2 JDQ39][Linaro 4.7.3-toolchain][SR12.5] OFFICIAL codefireX Nightl

Ok, I got it working after flashing the stock system.img (I had a mod to change battery style), the zip with stock images in the main topic, doing a factory reset, wiping cache/dalvik, flashing rom, gapps, wiping c/d again and rebooting.

This is the first rom I have installed in my Nexus and the only thing I can say is that it is the most awesome thing I've ever seen and felt.

Just a question, do I have to reflash and reinstall everything in every update (stable releases)?

Enviado desde mi Nexus 4 usando Tapatalk 2

rikmer

Jul 19, 2010
Call Delay Bug

It seems that CFX 12.5 suffers from the Call Delay Bug. Recognised after some days when I updated to the 4.2.2 version of CFX (12.5).
I was on franco.kernel 86 but it seems that the kernel is not the issue.
Flashed a Stock 4.2.2 ROM and the problem was gone. I am now on Stock 4.2.2 with franco.kernel 86 and problem still is NOT present.

Just wanted to report.

moldovanos

Sep 30, 2012
I tried bunch of roms since LiquidSmooth was not updating for a while, did not like anything and carbon was buggy. And then I found THIS, thank you very much. The only bug I have is when I press on Clear All in recent aps, it does not work all the time, takes a few very accurate precise touches. Other than that everything is great

Reactions: bljy

jhericurls

Aug 9, 2009

Don't mean to sound ungrateful and I still think this is the best ROM currently. But what's the point of having nightly if they are released less frequently than stable versions.

rlaw

Jul 13, 2011

Don't mean to sound ungrateful and I still think this is the best ROM currently. But what's the point of having nightly if they are released less frequently than stable versions.

You realize this ROM isn't solely available for N4 and that nightlies aren't always automatically built for every device? And can be set to not automatically build if no commits have been merged?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

Nezorflame

Hey there. Found one bug: when you set 5 shortcuts to the circle (the one which is shown when you swipe up from the Home button) and turn the phone to the landscape, 1 and 5 shortcuts are mispositioned and cover part of the Back and Recent buttons (on the screenshot you can see that they cover about the 1/3 of the button). The problem is, when you just try to press the Back or Recents button, it thinks that the circle is opened (but it's not, of course) and it reacts like you have pressed 1 or 5 shortcut.
In my case, when I try to press Back, phone brings me to Phone etc.
Hope I described it clear enough :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361698603922.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361698603922.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 711

galanakop

Jul 18, 2011
Απ: [ROM][AOSP-4.2.2 JDQ39][Linaro 4.7.3-toolchain][SR12.5] OFFICIAL codefireX Nightl

Thanks for the best rom...

Στάλθηκε από το Nexus 4 μου

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361699689931.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361699689931.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 677
  • uploadfromtaptalk1361699705332.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361699705332.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 672
  • uploadfromtaptalk1361699717209.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361699717209.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 675
  • uploadfromtaptalk1361699735100.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361699735100.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 622
  • uploadfromtaptalk1361699744590.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361699744590.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 617

rikmer

Jul 19, 2010
AW: [ROM][AOSP-4.2.2 JDQ39][Linaro 4.7.3-toolchain][SR12.5] OFFICIAL codefireX Nightl

It seems that CFX 12.5 suffers from the Call Delay Bug. Recognised after some days when I updated to the 4.2.2 version of CFX (12.5).
I was on franco.kernel 86 but it seems that the kernel is not the issue.
Flashed a Stock 4.2.2 ROM and the problem was gone. I am now on Stock 4.2.2 with franco.kernel 86 and problem still is NOT present.

Just wanted to report.

Did a clean install of the last nightly with latest Banks gapps and call delay bug is there.

I wonder that it seems that not many suffer from this bug. Or do most just not care?

Would be great if this was resolved soon. Because I really enjoy CFX besides this problem.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

jhericurls

Aug 9, 2009

Did a clean install of the last nightly with latest Banks gapps and call delay bug is there.

I wonder that it seems that not many suffer from this bug. Or do most just not care?

Would be great if this was resolved soon. Because I really enjoy CFX besides this problem.

Have you set call delay to zero on the build prop in cfx settings

rikmer

Jul 19, 2010
Have you set call delay to zero on the build prop in cfx settings

No. I didn't. Is this necessary?
I am refering the bug where if you receive a call the caller won't hear you for 2-4 sec. Are you too?

If this is really the problem why would the devs set it to a value different from 0?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You will not be able to find a faster source built rom. Built with a custom gcc 4.8.1 toolchain, strict aliasing, isoc++11 mode, O3 completely, and well as other optimizations. Click HERE for a better thread, discussion, download, and more info.

KpPdB.png

CLICK HERE FOR INTERACTIVE CHANGELOG :)

0ewwe.png

sNCLZ.png

fixed the security settings fc for good now. That upload was actually also accidental, lol. Ran the wrong script when I went to do a personal build (cron jobs and scripts are how the nightlies usually get done). Sorry about that guys...but at least you know that progress is being made ;). SELInux was being such a ***** that we went back to partial release repos with a lot of master parts with progress we made while working off master. Actually just did a build with the best performance we've had in a build yet.

A release will come soon, just need to make sure that it will give the SR prefix it's true meaning back - Everything's even going through review now. Also holding off on nightlies (and accidental script execution) until the stable release. We also have a few new guys contributing to cfx who are doing killer jobs and working their asses off as well :)
    SR20 now up. Dirty flashing from any OpenMaster release will cause issues due to rolling database versions back, so you may need to clean flash.
    Big thanks to all contributors, this awesome team, and the great translation team.
    SR16 updated. This is a giant update and the first of it's kind (again) for a custom jb rom AFAICT. Think of arch linux or another rolling distribution but for android ;). This has many benefits such as staying more bleeding edge, but also means that we will no longer need to start over on the next major android release. This happens with all current custom android distributions, and is a real shame. Basically this means we're further ahead of the other roms even more so, and will be when the next major android release is merged in as well ;)

Big thanks to this awesome team, all contributors, and all translators.

Now yes we're working on fixing the navbar size issue as well as the others. This rebase was just something I had on mind for awhile now.
    Re: [ROM][AOSP OpenMaster][cfX 4.7.3-toolchain][SR16] OFFICIAL codefireX Nightlies!

A quick update: the nightlies aren't going right now because they would have the same selinux issue with root and sometimes not boot. I'm working on fixing it as well as Wi-Fi, and am hoping to have it fixed today.